Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cedar Point

I like the Mine Ride. It's a good little family coaster, of which CP doesn't have many. Honestly, Blue Streak could go away and I wouldn't cry. I have no idea on whether or not it is still popular at all or not. Maybe retrack it completely (GCI's new track, perhaps) to improve the ride. The Corkscrew should leave. It is as uncomfortable a ride as can be for myself. Kneebanger, headbanger, and backbreaker. Take Dragster and Corkscrew out and consider a B&M multi-looper or look at Mack for a multi-launch looper.

To talk about this a bit varied, markings have been spotted around Dragster with bushes and foilage being removed at specific points. Additionally, lights are now fully on the structure, as the tower is lit at night.

Additionally, Dragster has been finally taken off of Fast Lane marketing.

Removing this problematic coaster would improve the park greatly. It was always a terrible addition.

While they're over there, can they repaint the Iron Dragon supports back to their original white? And bring back the misting fog during the finale knot? Add cool lighting too.

So, the Montezooma method.

I'd have to assume new trains with restraints similar to Velocicoaster/Taron/Taiga, new theme, new queue, LSM's, and the locker system makes sense. That would put it to 2024 too; right?

Read the announcement again. Nothing about removal, all "reimagined" and "retired".
For some reason I read it as them replacing it with a new ride completely in the same area…would be awesome if they can keep the general ride experience as close as possible to the OG

I think it's just getting a new launch system (and probably a re-theme since many of the original theme elements are gone). If they were smart they'd do something more with it...no reason to just hit a brake run with all that energy. Why not extend the layout? Add a loop or two. I always thought Xcellerator and Storm Runner were better rides because they did SOMETHING besides the top hat.

Could this be the first step in a restoration with Intamin and CF?
They've had to do business together one way or another for years. In that time management at CF has changed several times, and I'd guess Intamin has as well. They've been proving (mostly) more reliable in the past few years.

I consider myself lucky I was able to finally ride TTD in one of its last weeks of operation, and it might also apply to Xcelerator as well depending on what Knott's wants to do with it.

Will LSMs be strong enough to get it over?

Red Force uses LSM's (0 - 112mph in 5 seconds to go up a 367ft top hat), so it's in the realm of possibility if they're able to make it faster for TTD.