Cheetah Hunt | Page 110 | Inside Universal Forums

Cheetah Hunt

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^ Got you covered Orlando United is here and will be riding within hours.

I don't think the POV would do it justice, speed-wise. Keep in mind that almost all of this ride goes over the Serengeti. The wide open space is not a good indicator of how fast you're going. The only indicator would be the wind, which we can't have a good impression of until we ride it.

[video=youtube;9eS6JNa5xAA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eS6JNa5xAA[/video]

I love the female presenter's expressions and screams the whole way round. So funny! Looks like a cool ride. The canyon section will be my favourite bit I think. :)

ha ha..they are finally there and the ride broke down...figures.

Hulk's launch works for a number of reasons...first off, it's themed really well into the ride, second the tunnel gives you an enhanced sense of speed, three you come burst out into a roll drop. Ive ridden on it countless times, and it still scares the crap out of me everytime.

Just a quick update: The ride is still down but they are saying that it will indeed be back up today.

^ Private event. I will give everyone the lowdown once I get back to the house.

Those two onride videos look a bit faster that the forward-facing pov. Except the first launch is still a anail's pace, but the canyon part looked like it whips you around in those backward-facing videos. Air time looks huge on the big drop, judging from that guy's necklace.

Sadly, we did not get to ride today. We were scheduled at 1pm to ride and do the Cheetah Cam, however right as we were about to board, the coaster had sensor issues at the 3rd launch. We tried to wait as long as we could, but with me waking up at 5am, and driving from Miami to Tampa and being out in the hot sun, we were beat. Yes, the coaster is set to open for a private event, that Busch Gardens was very kind and awesome to invite us along, but we were hot and sweaty. :lol:

We did, however, grab tons of photos and video, and interviewed Jim Dean and Mike Roos, but the review will have to wait for a couple days, when Hatetofly heads back out over the weekend. Hatetofly will get the photos up as soon as he gets home, and I will be getting the videos up later, but for now, I'm going to shower and finally ride Star Tours!

On that note, the entire staff at Busch Gardens (Especially Tom and Suzanne) was awesome and I can't thank them enough for trying to make the day as great as they can without riding their new signature attraction.

These reports have all been great to hear, and I'm ready for the big day tomorrow!

If anyone wants to meet up, I'll be at the toll booths around 7am and I plan to park in the preferred lot to save some time and walk straight to the gate. I'll be wearing a dark blue shirt that says "Duquesne Alumni" on the front. I'm so pumped that the day is finally here.

As Brian mentioned we unfortunately were unable to ride today due to technical difficulties revolving around one sensor before the third launch. While its unfortunate we still had a great time and the entire area is amazing, they truly took this section of the park to the next level. I will say though it was quite interesting to see the ride go down and then witness who was showing up to resolve the issue. Usually when a ride goes down all you see is a guy in a blue uniform and some tools heading to a location to fix the issue. Today when the ride went down it was none other than Mark Rose VP of Engineering and Design and Sandor Kernacs of Intamin out walking the track. Busch Gardens went above and beyond to get this mega attraction back open for us and even invited us to partake in the private event to get our ride in. But at that point it would of been at least another 3 hours. I want to send a huge thank you to Tom and Suzanne for taking GREAT care of us! They did more for us than anyone could of asked for. I am working on uploading a few photos as I want to post the rest once I get my ride on this weekend. Pictures coming up later.