Cheetah Hunt | Page 108 | Inside Universal Forums

Cheetah Hunt

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd ask something like...considering this isn't fastest or tallest ride in the park, was the purpose of Cheetah Hunt to make a more "casual" friendly coaster?

also that review was nice..and is kind of what I was expecting. Which is also a little disappointing. I didnt realize the first two launches happened right in the beginning of the ride. I thought you launched once before going up the hill.

Pics from today, lots of touch up, concrete work, gift shop stocking, stage set up and concessions...

DSC03386.jpg

DSC03385.jpg

DSC03352.jpg

DSC03361.jpg

DSC03359.jpg

DSC03358.jpg

DSC03355.jpg

DSC03354.jpg

DSC03343.jpg

more to follow......

--- Update ---

DSC03357.jpg
+

DSC03353.jpg

DSC03351.jpg

DSC03348.jpg

--- Update ---

DSC03347.jpg

DSC03345.jpg

DSC03344.jpg

Great Photos as always thanks for sharing. Two things, was there any testing going on and if so do all trains now have graphics installed? Is there any work going on within the trenches?

There were no trains running while I was there, I saw a bunch of team members heading in and I thought they might have some running and had the camera ready but nothing. People were working on the Skyride line, at the break run at Rhino Rally, and also at the station return. They were doing something inside the EOA trench, couldn't tell what. The first trench has been painted and weathered to match the rest of the theming.

DSC01612.jpg

^ Alright thanks, I am curios as to whether the plumbing was installed into that trench for the waterfall or if they have abandoned it.

Thanks for the updates, Octobers Fade! I can't believe we're 4 days away from an opening, and even less away from media reviews.

There had been water in the Rhino Rally bend, they were working in the area and clearing out some over growth, but it was just puddles and there were no waterfalls running this morning.

--- Update ---

DSC01606.jpg

DSC01596.jpg

DSC01597.jpg

DSC01592.jpg

DSC01594.jpg

It sounds like Cheetah Hunt is having another Employee Preview right now and the wait has reached 2+ hours. Search "cheetah hunt" on Twitter for tweets from it.

Hello, long time reader of these forums, I actually got invited by a friend to go to the preview tonight, the ride is a lot of fun, while not as intense as I thought it would be it was still a great ride. Rode it 2 times, once in the front and another in the back, the back seemed better to me. The 2nd time I was on the ride though we got to the 3rd launch and rolled back. Mechanics were there in less than 5min and re-launched us. Overall though I had a great time. I took a few pics, they aren't too great though as they were taken from my phone. Any questions are welcome

IMG_7316.jpg

IMG_6764.jpg

IMG_3331.jpg

Cheetah Run was also open and was pretty interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian G.
[video=youtube;V1A6Hx2QkC0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1A6Hx2QkC0[/video]

Cheetah Hunt Pov! Looks good. The only thing I'm not keen on is how some of those trenches aren't themed to the high standard of the rest of the ride. Looks a lot of fun!