Cheetah Hunt | Page 107 | Inside Universal Forums

Cheetah Hunt

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Fun is the key word.

Just got my work schedule for next week and it looks like I'll be heading there on Saturday to ride. I was trying to avoid Saturday crowds, but I gotta work with what I'm given.

Agreed, all the BS about being one foot taller or one mph faster is stupid, I just want a fun ride! Add to that I am looking forward to another great animal display as well.

Yeah the Cheetah Exhibit is going to be very cool and should provide some great new photo ops. Speaking of which if your ever in Jacksonville Fl, check out there zoo. Its a little ghetto but has gotten A LOT better over the last few years. And there Range of the Jaguar exhibit is phenomenal. Yeah off topic but since your one of the main cat photographers I just thought I would throw that out there. My wife and I always make it a point to go to zoos or do something wild life related when we go out of town and there Jaguar exhibit is top notch. I think its won several awards as well. Doesn't hurt there partners with BGT either though. Also most of the Cheetahs that are going into Cheetah Hunt went through the Jax zoo before and during construction.

Yeah the Cheetah Exhibit is going to be very cool and should provide some great new photo ops. Speaking of which if your ever in Jacksonville Fl, check out there zoo. Its a little ghetto but has gotten A LOT better over the last few years. And there Range of the Jaguar exhibit is phenomenal. Yeah off topic but since your one of the main cat photographers I just thought I would throw that out there. My wife and I always make it a point to go to zoos or do something wild life related when we go out of town and there Jaguar exhibit is top notch. I think its won several awards as well. Doesn't hurt there partners with BGT either though. Also most of the Cheetahs that are going into Cheetah Hunt went through the Jax zoo before and during construction.

A guy I know lives up that way and I have seen some of his pics and you are right it is gorgeous. I would love to check it out one day, that and the Big Cat Rescue as well.
I am hoping to see some Cheetahs before the Grand Opening so I can get some pics before the crowds get too crazy

For what it's worth, Hatetofly and I will be there on May 26th for Cheetah Hunt's Media Day. Make sure you stay tuned to our Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Forums/Main Site as we plan to cover the new attraction extensively.

Oh yeah its gonna be awesome, I wonder about the pov and on ride video we get to share with everyone. That should be good for a laugh!

For what it's worth, Hatetofly and I will be there on May 26th for Cheetah Hunt's Media Day. Make sure you stay tuned to our Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Forums/Main Site as we plan to cover the new attraction extensively.

Oh yeah its gonna be awesome, I wonder about the pov and on ride video we get to share with everyone. That should be good for a laugh!

Just when I was hoping there wouldn't be too many people trying to one up me (*cough* 1pm *cough*)

POV should be brilliant, if what I've heard is correct and their new rig is much better than their old one... they could have been pulling my leg though.

There will be quite a few of us there that day so there will be a lot of POVs and interview for everyone to enjoy! Just hope all of our questions are not the same!

Who are you going to be reporting with? I'll be there with Bay News 9! Not sure what time we are going just yet though...

hatetofly I used to go to the zoo when i was a kid in Jacksonville. That zoo is almost if not older then 50 years. I am amazed it is still around.
Cheetah Hunt will open on Friday with or with out soft opening.

I am going on Thursday as well, most likely just to get my Montu fix... Did you guys get an invite for Friday night also?

I didn't, I'm going to the Employee Night (as a guest) on Wed night, then Media Day Thursday...I'm a BIG FAN of this ride, but I'm not greedy, figured I would let someone else take my extra open spot for Friday Night :smiley:

Also, we have a company picnic on June 4th where we'll be there till midnight while the park is closed!!! I'll get pleanty of rides then!

We will be interviewing Jim Dean (Park President) along with Mike Boos and Laurie Marker (Zoological) next Thursday. If you guys wanna submit questions, please do so!

I didn't, I'm going to the Employee Night (as a guest) on Wed night, then Media Day Thursday...I'm a BIG FAN of this ride, but I'm not greedy, figured I would let someone else take my extra open spot for Friday Night :smiley:

Also, we have a company picnic on June 4th where we'll be there till midnight while the park is closed!!! I'll get pleanty of rides then!

I am going to be there Friday night as well, but on Thursday just a pass holder, cudos for letting others get the chance.
With the pass holder previews there will be lots of chances for rides in my future as well!

Ask this question, Since you guys do a halloween event like another park to the east. Will you do your annual maintenance during HOS and close your newest attraction to the public?

Mark Rose has a pretty good sense of humor so maybe.

Yep, I'm going to be there early early morning on the 27th. I'll try to be there at 6:30. I'm getting my SWO/BGT AP so I gotta do that, but yeah, should be fun. I'm planning on going to SeaWorld on the 28th so I can finally experience Manta. Anyone is welcome to join.