Cheetah Hunt | Page 98 | Inside Universal Forums

Cheetah Hunt

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Unfortunately NO surprises. Cheetah Hunt sign was uncovered, and the new skyride sign was put into place yesterday, as well as the new banners. Check out all the pics here.
And if you follow them on Facebook, they are giving away all the cool hardhats through that page.
All the walls are coming down, and it looks as if they could open any day for soft openings. If anyone remembers, Manta went for a soft opening May 5th. It could be a few weeks after that, but I would say by the 10th you may see some soft openings going on.

HUGE Cheetah Hunt Update: Signs, Banners, Test Seat, Promos & New Construction Walls! It is looking amazing!

DSC06367.JPG

I'm a bit scared... none of the trenches are themed yet, nor is the new rock work of the canyon, the giant rock cheetah in the turn around isn't even there, and to top it all off Cheetah Run is a pile of dirt.
It's hard to imagine the ride being finished by the 27th, I think we might see a repeat of SheiKra here.

I'm a bit scared... none of the trenches are themed yet, nor is the new rock work of the canyon, the giant rock cheetah in the turn around isn't even there, and to top it all off Cheetah Run is a pile of dirt.
It's hard to imagine the ride being finished by the 27th, I think we might see a repeat of SheiKra here.

Weren't they still doing theming around the ride when SheiKra opened?

Bingo! :thumbs:

Weren't they still doing theming around the ride when SheiKra opened?

Yes

You can't really do the tunnels once the ride is open though... maybe at night? I don't remember what Shiekra had left when it opened.

Also it looks like they gave up on the water fall trench towards the end of the ride. I know it was only rumored, but they seemed to be well informed rumors. Or was it supposed to be the trench off the first drop, don't remember?

You can't really do the tunnels once the ride is open though... maybe at night? I don't remember what Shiekra had left when it opened.

Also it looks like they gave up on the water fall trench towards the end of the ride. I know it was only rumored, but they seemed to be well informed rumors. Or was it supposed to be the trench off the first drop, don't remember?

-When Sheikra opened the station, queue, landscaping, and theming within close proximity of the coaster track by the second drop and water portion were not finished. They were not completely finished until late summer of 05.
-From what I have seen the plumbing is already in so all it needs is the rock work. It will be interesting to see if its finished since in the end the park has different owners calling the shots.
-The real question is whats going on in Nairobi? I can't wait to get back to the park to check this out more than anything.

Those trenches can be done very quickly with some generic faux stone finish, they won't need the same lavel of detail as the rest of the work that has been done. I give them all the credit in the world for everything they have acomplished so far, considering you can't finish things until the coaster is set so what if the finish is done a little later.

I think its pretty amazing that this coaster didnt even start getting built until last October...they really pushed this right along. Going in late July..can't wait.