CityWalk Expansion | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which new venue are you looking forward to?

• Total voters
I didn't want to skim through 18 pages so sorry if it's been answered, but where is all this new stuff going in CityWalk? Is anything being replaced? I looked at all the concept art and couldn't even think where they're gonna put all of this.

I didn't want to skim through 18 pages so sorry if it's been answered, but where is all this new stuff going in CityWalk? Is anything being replaced? I looked at all the concept art and couldn't even think where they're gonna put all of this.

Latin Quarter -> Antojitos
Endangered Species Store -> Starbucks/Cold Stone
Pastamore -> Red Oven/VIVO
Cigarz -> Breadbox
TCBY -> Breadbox
Katie's Candy Company -> Menchies
Galaxy Bar -> Hot Dog Hall of Fame
Old Starbucks location -> The Cowfish

Last edited:
Antojitos looks great do we know when the rest of the citywalk phase is expected to open by?

I don't think there's any one, specific date for the rest of the CityWalk expansion; rather I think it's going to be one new restaurant/store at a time, since some of them haven't even begun construct yet, though I was under the impression they would try to have most or all of it finished by the time Potter opens, or at least by the end of the year...

Latin Quarter -> Antojitos
Endangered Species Store -> Starbucks/Cold Stone
Pastamore -> Red Oven/VIVO
Cigarz -> Breadbox
TCBY -> Breadbox
Katie's Candy Company -> Menchies
Galaxy Bar -> Hot Dog Hall of Fame
Old Starbucks location -> The Cowfish

Ahh thanks for that. Nice to see nothing that significant is being replaced. Although I liked going to TCBY for ice cream when Cinnabon is too crowded. Well at least I'll have ColdStone and the frozen yogurt place as options

That would be a great option! It'd be way better than NBA City and NASCAR Cafe put together, and should have a broader appeal as well :cheers:

I see it the opposite--at least NASCAR and NBA have some sort of hook. I don't know that "Xfinity" tells Joe Tourist, "hey, you can watch your favorite game here."

Then again, I question the viability of any sports bar in CityWalk--Universal doesn't have the captured market of hotel guests with crappy cable that WDW has, too much trouble/too expensive for Orlando locals to head over for a regular game. And to quote Jon Taffer, sports bars only give you 70 nights a year anyway.

At night, the paint job on Antojitos is much less apparent, and the sign looks quite nice lit up. I have no idea when they are supposed to open, but I hope it's soon. As far as the rest of it, I believe the plan is to open in June, but I'm betting Cowfish will be last, since the new Starbucks still looks to have a way to go before it's ready, and Cowfish can't start construction until Starbucks moves.

I don't know why you guys are so keen on replacing Nascar. I've had good food there the last few times I've been, the TVs at the booths are cool, I think they even have the arcade upstairs? I enjoy it..