CityWalk Expansion | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which new venue are you looking forward to?

• Total voters
I'm sure you've all figured this out already, but obviously, Antojitos was NOT open for EVE, and as of Saturday, was not open yet. I have seen part of the interior, and I think it is beautiful, and that tile work on the ground outside and on the floor inside is spectacular, but I still hate the paint job.

The bell rings on the hour; they were testing it one morning a couple of weeks ago.

Ill miss the Fossil store, ive actually bought a wallet and a few watches there over the years

Agreed, that tends to be the only place I actually get the batteries changed on my watches. I'm always too lazy to and end up just buying a new one instead and have accumulated quite a few.

Some updates from today's Twitter feed:

From @UORBuzz:

"Working on dismantling the front sign on Universal Studios store"
BdTeabPCEAEIyvh.jpg:large

"The universal studios store"
BdTezILCEAAn810.jpg:large

"The merchandise for the temporary store is being put in place"
BdThnE0CcAA6O6a.jpg:large

And then from @MagicCityMayhem:

The front of Pastamore has been barricaded.
BdT4ms5IcAABV3h.jpg:large

I had to go to google maps to see where the US Store was located. :stunned: Of the hundreds of times I've walked by, I never really noticed/registered it... and definitely never went into it.

I had to go to google maps to see where the US Store was located. :stunned: Of the hundreds of times I've walked by, I never really noticed/registered it... and definitely never went into it.

This is me with pretty much everything in CityWalk. I've never took the time to explore it or go in anywhere.

If it's a quality spot, it would do very well. Sports are obviously a huge market.. and to have one central spot for many tourists to go to see their team's big games while on vacation would be ideal. Nascar always did that but I'm sure the branding of Nascar can be a turn off for many.

Personally I've had good experiences there... it's a good place for lunch and to catch a football game on Sunday while on property.

Last year when the Gators were playing Louisville in the Sugar Bowl, we went to NASCAR to watch the game and the waiter told us they would only remain open until like 8 or 9 or whatever it was. No way we could watch the whole game because they never come close to capacity that late. How can a restaurant in CityWalk not draw enough people to stay open late?

I thought they were contractually obligated to correspond with CityWalk hours. Someone who knows more about yhis feel free to chime in.

I've never known of any rules obligating them to stay open for any hours. The third parties set their own hours, and if they feel business does not warrant it, they can close down early, although it is rare for any of them to close before 10, unless it is super slow or the weather is lousy.

Makes me sad to see Pastamore gone. Had many, many great meals there over the years.

According to UORBuzz on Twitter, Pranzos is now Vivo Italian Kitchen.

Pranzos was a nice name, and strange for me and my passion for foreign languages, I actually never looked up what it meant. Well, this change prompted me to do so, and apparently "pranzo" means lunch in Italian, so I guess "Vivo" (alive) is a better name.

PS: pics of signage from @UORBuzz

BdelbU0IIAE17sz.jpg:large

Bdel-MiIMAAvslT.jpg:large

I was just invited to a tequila & food tasting inside Antojitos tomorrow. I'm not allowed to take photos but I will report back for Orlando Weekly.

Did someone say tequila? Even though the building makes me nauseous, I'd love to be their quality assurance team member for premium tequilas. You're one lucky guy!

I prefer the Vivo name to Pranzo. Good choice. And looking forward to your report back Seth!