Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

I'm certain its primary function is to sell mugs (and booze). I am curious what it's hours will be. Secondary function may be to soak up a little bit of the crowd mid-event -- get them to take a break there, maybe they even grab some food in CityWalk, spread that mid-evening rush out a little.

That said I could see this becoming the "new Finns" if the theming is on-point and they open the entire club. Remember HHN is the closest thing Orlando has to DisneyLand in that it's a place for locals to hang out.

I wonder if this is a test for something new. I don't believe the Red Coconut Club has reopend since the pandemic, it seems like an easy way to try out a bar concept. Already have the equipment, plumbing, and services for a bar. Throw in a few mixed drinks, some signage, let guests buy shirts and sizzle sticks, and then point all Halloween fans to it. This just feels like an extension of the Cabana Bay offerings - horror-like offerings in an HHN-adjacent manner.

Red Coconut Club is probably dead for good. Maybe the area will be spliced into the SNL concept and a tiki bar? Or just one of those. We still don't know what's happening permanently with the Legacy store location, too.

I only just yesterday realized how few Citywalk venues are open for lunch. My only options seemed to be Cowfish, Toothsome, Margaritaville, Hard Rock, and the quick serves.

Would love if this place offered an option pre Stay and Scream, but alas.

They want you to eat in the park for lunch and outside for dinner. That's kinda Universal's MO for a bit. I know they did try Antojitos and Bigfire lunch hours for busy times in 2019.

If it's not a bar, maybe a Monsters meet and greet/photo op area?

I know they have at least four drinks planned.

Could this be a preview center of sorts of the Universal Monsters land in Epic Universe? At least from a menu and merchandise standpoint? Maybe bring some of the interior decoration into it as well.

Could this be a preview center of sorts of the Universal Monsters land in Epic Universe? At least from a menu and merchandise standpoint? Maybe bring some of the interior decoration into it as well.
Doubtful, but they did just tear down Monster's Cafe, so I imagine some stuff was harvested from there

Plus the Mummy store has slowly been transitioning back

Edit: Here's a look at the Dead Coconut Club...I like it

Last edited:
Doubtful, but they did just tear down Monster's Cafe, so I imagine some stuff was harvested from there

Plus the Mummy store has slowly been transitioning back

Edit: Here's a look at the Dead Coconut Club...I like it

That looks really cool. Loving the effort going into this year

I wonder if they were able to do it due to reusing the Tribute Theater for the store for HHN vs previous season. You don't need the full build out budget for that, plus Monsters Cafe closed you have those props, so it can become a serendipitious extra venue to get our spook on. I can't wait to check it out.

found myself in CityWalk last night, I did not get any pics and not sure if it has been mentioned, but there are these small banners over there, one has Frankenstein, one has the wolfman, and one has bride of Frankenstein.

Any ideas on what the hours of the Dead Coconut Club will be? Like will it be open on non HHN nights? Are the things in Cabanna Bay ran on non HHN nights?

Any ideas on what the hours of the Dead Coconut Club will be? Like will it be open on non HHN nights? Are the things in Cabanna Bay ran on non HHN nights?

Cabana Bay stuff is run all week. UOR blog post makes it sound like Dead Coconut Club runs on event nights only, but waiting for more confirmation. The rumor I heard was DCC is planning four drinks at least, and I think they're tiki focused/exclusive to this location.

Dead Coconut is kitschy fun. Re-used a lot from Monsters Cafe, but dressed it up with the Party City tiki aisle. It's clearly meant to be temporary, but it's an enjoyable space the event could use for that time. The background loop is everything you'd want for a 1950s tiki Halloween party.

Drinks on the sweet side, but at least they are hand-mixed, not batched. There is a $3 upcharge mug, but it's generic mass-produced plastic, don't bother. Full bar with a small craft beer line-up as well.

Seems like Dead Coconut is quite popular. Been there on a few different nights and it’s been slammed throughout the DJ until 1am. They recently started checked ID’s at the door with wristbands.

That's honestly very good to hear, I really enjoyed checking the place out during my trip, and I wouldn't mind seeing this concept used again in the future.