CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 116 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't care about the sign, but I DO think it's a missed opportunity to have something with a bit more pizazz like an LED screen that can change based on needs. (i.e. advertising new openings, current events, and park directions and operating hours)

not sure if a sign that displayed information would be wise for that specific spot…

But a welcome sign designed as a flashy movie theatre marquee could have been gorgeous.

Neon lights, popcorn lighting. A gateway to entering the movies.

not sure if a sign that displayed information would be wise for that specific spot…

But a welcome sign designed as a flashy movie theatre marquee could have been gorgeous.

Neon lights, popcorn lighting. A gateway to entering the movies.

Not necessarily an info board, but an ad board.

Like this crudely thrown-together example... :lol: example2.jpgexample1.png

Last edited:
Nice big words, easy to see from far back. I like it.

View attachment 18218
Seeing it in this photo makes me like it a lot more, thanks Alicia. Bigger size is definitely good. While I think I prefer the aesthetic of the older sign, this one definitely makes more sense in current day, though perhaps instead putting arrows for USF and IoA might've helped make sure guests don't go to the wrong side (though who am I kidding nobody would pay attention)

Anyways I find this recent trend of Disney doing something that becomes big talk (ToonTown sign), and then Universal following suit the next day funny

Why the hell is UNIVERSAL so big on the sign is what I need to know. Something about the font seems off too.

It's just a sign so not that big of a deal, but if it were me, I would've just left it as I thought the old sign was pretty classy whereas this one is just in your face.

It looks identical to the font they're using on the globe and the legacy store in Citywalk. I'm not a huge fan of it, but its consistent with the changes they've been making since 2016.

Visited the sign in real life, and while it had 0 impact on my experience at the resort, it is very bland.

With that said, I'm hoping CityWalk is given a bit of an exterior facelift to make it a much more significant entrance statement. After the Disney Springs changes, it really made CityWalk look outdated and out of place.
It's unfortunate. I love Universal, and I absolutely prefer to Disney. But Disney Springs thrashes Citywalk in every conceivable way lol

It's unfortunate. I love Universal, and I absolutely prefer to Disney. But Disney Springs thrashes Citywalk in every conceivable way lol

Which sucks cause, I love to walk around Disney Springs.

Always felt they never used the lagoon to their advantage by placing restaurants/bars on the water's edge. Restaurants are great, but the ambience around the place just doesn't match Disney Springs. (and no, the "nightlife" angle doesn't work anymore)

Which sucks cause, I love to walk around Disney Springs.

Always felt they never used the lagoon to their advantage by placing restaurants/bars on the water's edge. Restaurants are great, but the ambience around the place just doesn't match Disney Springs. (and no, the "nightlife" angle doesn't work anymore)
I would love for them to utilize the waterfront more - the only concern I have for that is how it would affect the water taxis.

I think if they were to put something along the water, something to the side of the Lagoon Stage may work.

Reactions: Suchomimus
Visited the sign in real life, and while it had 0 impact on my experience at the resort, it is very bland.

With that said, I'm hoping CityWalk is given a bit of an exterior facelift to make it a much more significant entrance statement. After the Disney Springs changes, it really made CityWalk look outdated and out of place.

I think they've been making good progress, but I agree they need to do some pacemaking in the public areas.

I think CityWalk has had a very distinctive look which is a good thing. I don’t feel like it looks outdated compared to some other places. No need to try to compete with Disney when they are essentially offering the same thing.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I think CityWalk has had a very distinctive look which is a good thing. I don’t feel like it looks outdated compared to some other places. No need to try to compete with Disney when they are essentially offering the same thing.
The affection for Disney Springs escapes me. It looks utterly generic, like any number of upscale “lifestyle centers” in suburbs across the country. The stores have been steadily de themed to the point where walking through them is utterly boring. Nothing there has anything close to the charm of the Legacy Store, Coconut, or Toothsome. I’d be happy to see CityWalk expand (and I’d really love more outdoor seating areas), but the last thing I’d want is for the Springs to be the model. It’s a sprawling exercise in nothingness.