CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 122 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That is crazy. I thought Sea World was bad with that, but at least they have signs in their parks telling you when something is closing and team members know, but their app is not always up to date of when a specific ride is closing. Their show times are accurate and if they change they make a park wide announcement. I was there once when it was storming and they announced when the last show would be and what was being cancelled due to the weather. I don't think they updated app but made announcements every 10 minutes it seemed park wide.

I got frustrated with Sea World because if you didn't pass by Journey to Atlantis to see the sign you didn't know, so then you went over there at 7 to find out then it was closed. They didn't have ride time closures in app. But based on what people are saying here, it is 20x better than Uni because I learned to ask team members when I wasn't sure and across the park.

Buy outs are known way in advance, there is no reason for those closures not being updated in the app and having signs up.
I don't want people thinking that SeaWorld has better ops than Universal, but it's amazing to see how Universal Creative can create these wonderful attractions that end up being impacted negatively through their ops.

I don't want people thinking that SeaWorld has better ops than Universal, but it's amazing to see how Universal Creative can create these wonderful attractions that end up being impacted negatively through their ops.
Sea World ride ops is awful and don't get me started on the dining ops. So overall Universal has better ops. But when it comes to show times and knowing when things are closing Sea World may have a slight edge. I also imagine Sea World has less buyouts, yet the conference I went to one of the companies bought out the area near arctic and ice breaker. However, I will say it was a huge conference I feel sorry for any tourist as most of I drive restaurants were bought out and so companies probably were getting creative of where they could hosts stuff. I went to two restaurant buy outs and 3 different park ones (Sea World, Animal Kingdom, and studios) that week and I was invited to other restaurant ones, but didn't have time. Not sure how many or how often the conference center has that large of a conference.

If Uni wants successful night time shows they need to make sure people know when and where they are every day. So hopefully the new lagoon show is done better.

It was easier to find showtimes when they put the times on paper maps. Take the map out of your pocket, and check the time, took seconds. Now they high tech that simple procedure with a complex app that doesn't always load ...and volla....Now it takes a few minutes to open your phone, turn on the app, and then try to find a show time on a complex confusing app. Sometimes it's just stupid to phone high tech everything. Tech is not always better. Tech food ordering was another example. It was terrible for the most part. Keep it simple.

What ever happened to the rumor that they were going to replace the Universal Legacy store?

I've been wondering if the store is popular enough that they just decided to scrap that idea.

Reactions: tankart150
The Legacy Red Coconut/Red Coconut Legacy-- dance the night away among props celebrating Universal Orlando's history.

Honestly, I think they could/should move the Legacy Store into one of the storefronts in Studios. The Film Vault has a lot of the same merch, but now they have the second Tribute Store space it could take over the other, and even switch with the seasons and rotate stuff in and out.

I'll be sad to see the Legacy store go, but I am excited to see a Preview Center finally.

I guess the possibility would still be there for them to bring the Legacy store back after EU opens, though.
Tbh, I want a permanent Legacy Store in USF. The space where the Holiday Tribute Store currently is would be a great spot, but I doubt we'll see any of the Tribute Stores (besides HHN) return to the Mummy queue.

Tbh, I want a permanent Legacy Store in USF. The space where the Holiday Tribute Store currently is would be a great spot, but I doubt we'll see any of the Tribute Stores (besides HHN) return to the Mummy queue.
Yeah, I think it'd be a perfect spot for a well-themed Legacy/retro store - but like you said, they seem to be very adamant on keeping all the tribute stores in that spot. (except for HHN)

Reactions: Crypt Keeper