CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 123 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The legacy store will close on January 7
I do not see a post related to this, but print physical park maps will no longer be offered New Year’s Day
I would be OK with saving the trees if their app was better. But when trying to use their app their filters didn't even seem to work right nor did it display all the information I needed.

The legacy store will close on January 7
I do not see a post related to this, but print physical park maps will no longer be offered New Year’s Day
I don't like either of these!

The park maps make a nice (free) souvenir.

I won't rehash my strong objections to the Legacy Store closing, but they remain unchanged. Universal's acknowledgment of USF's history was nice while it lasted, I guess.

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I don't like either of these!

The park maps make a nice (free) souvenir.

I won't rehash my strong objections to the Legacy Store closing, but they remain unchanged. Universal's acknowledgment of USF's history was nice while it lasted, I guess.
Is the Mummy queue constantly filled up outside of HHN? lol. The EU preview center should stand where the IOA preview center stood. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Mad Dog
The EU preview center should stand where the IOA preview center stood. :rolleyes:

No, it shouldn't. One, having it in CityWalk ensures that everyone can visit the preview center and see that it exists. People who're just going to the Studios can see it, people who're just going to IOA can see it, and people who're just going to CityWalk can see it. If it's inside just one park, that cuts down the number of folks who can see it and that's probably something Universal doesn't want. The more people that know the park is coming (and more importantly it's a separate park south of the main property), the better.

Secondly, the preview center is most likely gonna' be up for a while, at least right before the park officially opens. Operations will most likely want Mummy's extended queue for the busy Summer season, and then HHN will certainly need that space for the tribute store as HW's space just isn't big enough for that one.

No, it shouldn't. One, having it in CityWalk ensures that everyone can visit the preview center and see that it exists. People who're just going to the Studios can see it, people who're just going to IOA can see it, and people who're just going to CityWalk can see it. If it's inside just one park, that cuts down the number of folks who can see it and that's probably something Universal doesn't want. The more people that know the park is coming (and more importantly it's a separate park south of the main property), the better.

Secondly, the preview center is most likely gonna' be up for a while, at least right before the park officially opens. Operations will most likely want Mummy's extended queue for the busy Summer season, and then HHN will certainly need that space for the tribute store as HW's space just isn't big enough for that one.
100% Agree with this post

There were Tribute Stores before that, though. So in that case, we had to lose a store with unique offerings in order to maintain something that we were already getting elsewhere.

I'm sorry but I won't sit here and say the Prop Shop was anything special. It was 90% flea market, second-hand stuff that was occasionally closed, and anything worth buying from the park was out of most people's budget. Stores aren't meant to be museums.

I get that the Legacy Store was cool to check out but it was a duplicate Uni Store with a cool angle, but at least I understand it being missed.

You didn't specify that they had to be other stores that you liked!

I bought many vintage movie trading card/bubble gum packs in the Prop Shop.
I don’t have a huge budget, but I was able to get several park-used pieces that were special to me. Sure, the prop store had a few items like the cow that were very expensive, but it also had a lot of affordable park-used merch. Just as importantly, it was always interesting to look around - an attraction unto itself. Some theme park stores CAN be museums - it’s vastly preferable to having every store sell the exact same range of generic merch, which is largely what we have outside of HHN. A theme park needs a balance.

The unique, attraction-unto-themselves stores - Tribute, Legacy, Prop, IOA Halloween - were among the best things Uni has done in the last decade. They were special. Now the Prop Store is gone, the Legacy Store is going, and the IOA Halloween Store will presumably disappear whenever construction on Lost Continent gets underway.

It was pretty neat to check out the Prop Shop whenever the doors were open to see if anything fun was dropped in, especially after HHN and such. It was fun having a mini Lakeland Antique Mall experience inside of USF itself. Still, I understand why it had to go, in the same way I understand why the Legacy Store has to go. Doesn't mean I wanna say goodbye to that beautiful Jimmy Neutron Nicktoon Blast shirt they've got on display. A sad day for @GA-MBIT's everywhere. :skull:

You didn't specify that they had to be other stores that you liked!

I bought many vintage movie trading card/bubble gum packs in the Prop Shop.
It has nothing to do with whether I liked the store or not because I actually did... but it was a thrift shop at the end of the day. I just can't put that store in the same league as the Legacy Store, and I'd think we both agree that the Tribute Stores are a much better experience than the Prop Shop.

Some theme park stores CAN be museums - it’s vastly preferable to having every store sell the exact same range of generic merch, which is largely what we have outside of HHN. A theme park needs a balance.
Theme park stores also need to move merch. If it's not doing either - it's not long for this world.

Now the Prop Store is gone, the Legacy Store is going, and the IOA Halloween Store will presumably disappear whenever construction on Lost Continent gets underway.

Even if I agree and give you the Prop Shop... that's still 2.... that's not a "dedicated" effort to closing stores - which is what I was essentially getting at.