Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

I completely agree, it seems as if Comcast is working on diversity and their restaurants certainly aren't bad. I'd say Cowfish is the best. Vivo is ok, but I can get something similar at Olive Garden down the street and get bottomless soup/salad AND good breadsticks with my meal.

So yes, Universal's partial weakness is being so close to residential/commercial areas.

Its also dumb planning by choosing things that people could get anywhere rather than unique dining experiences. On vacation, people are way more likely to try new things and Universal should exploit that.

Except that the ultimate goal is to be like Disney where guests of the resorts will be a more captive audience and more reluctant to leave the resort property (especially if they don't have rental cars). While Vivo may be similar to an Olive Garden, if Universal sets up a dining plan the way Disney does, there will be many guests who opt for something like that.

Any truth to the In-N-Out rumours?

At Disney Springs? Zero chance unless Disney helps In-n-Out partner with a beef distribution place less than a drives away.

Vivo is ok, but I can get something similar at Olive Garden down the street and get bottomless soup/salad AND good breadsticks with my meal.

My italian family loves it and vomits at Olive Garden. My Olive Garden loving family likes it more than the Garden.

My italian family loves it and vomits at Olive Garden. My Olive Garden loving family likes it more than the Garden.
I've only eaten there once, so I could be misremembering my experience. Vivo definitely seems like the more authentic experience. I just love me some Olive Garden Chicken and Gnochi soup and their breadsticks. :lol:

Its also dumb planning by choosing things that people could get anywhere rather than unique dining experiences. On vacation, people are way more likely to try new things and Universal should exploit that.
I wouldn't say it's dumb. But often times on a multi day vacation people tend to go with what they know as well, plus locals would often do both. I think healthy mix like they have now keeps it balanced.

In-N-Out expands regionally as they are able to get their meat and other ingredient supply chains set up within driving distance. It's the reason you only see them in some regions and they tend to proliferate within those regions.

I can't eat Olive Garden without feeling like I'm going to die after, but Vivo is amazing.

White Castle. New Experience for locals, and in a way, comfort food for Northerners who might miss home on their 7 day trip.

I had White Castle for the first and only time last month in Las Vegas and I was not impressed. I'll take Krystal Burger on Bourbon Street way before I ever do that one again.

The chicken-fried chicken at Carnation Cafe is my idea of comfort food. Buttermilk Fried Chicken Breast served with Mashed Potatoes and more. :drool:

Just a few theme restaurant ideas I think could work in CityWalk.

A fondue chessel/Bavarian restaurant

ls.jpg

Western style Steak and Smokehouse where you grill your own steaks.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

A high end French restaurant that uses Screenz to make it look like you are eating at the top of the Eiffel Tower

gallery-1429540098-hbz-jules-vern.jpg

In-N-Out expands regionally as they are able to get their meat and other ingredient supply chains set up within driving distance. It's the reason you only see them in some regions and they tend to proliferate within those regions.

I can't eat Olive Garden without feeling like I'm going to die after, but Vivo is amazing.

While I wouldn't put Vivo and Olive Garden in the same class, I was not impressed with Vivo and won't be going back. My husband was not impressed either. We however like the pizza place and Cowfish and would go back to them.

I think redoing the stores along the main drag is a must, but I'm far more interested in whether Uni can overcome the moronic design choices of CityWalk. The club corridor is ripe for redevelopment, but Antojitos, as good as it is, suffers from how far back it's set.

While I wouldn't put Vivo and Olive Garden in the same class, I was not impressed with Vivo and won't be going back. My husband was not impressed either. We however like the pizza place and Cowfish and would go back to them.

Can't disagree more. Vivo's the best meal I've had at the new CW venues.

Vivo > Red Oven > Cowfish = Antojitos IMO

Just a few theme restaurant ideas I think could work in CityWalk.

A fondue chessel/Bavarian restaurant

ls.jpg

Western style Steak and Smokehouse where you grill your own steaks.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

A high end French restaurant that uses Screenz to make it look like you are eating at the top of the Eiffel Tower

gallery-1429540098-hbz-jules-vern.jpg
I know there are people that love them, but I can't stand a restaurant where you have to cook your own food. That being said the Mongolian grill type restaurants where you select your food and take it to be grilled are really great and I would love to see one of those!