CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know there are people that love them, but I can't stand a restaurant where you have to cook your own food. That being said the Mongolian grill type restaurants where you select your food and take it to be grilled are really great and I would love to see one of those!

Agreed about cooking your own food. I do that at home every day.

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with retail. There are certainly things I'd like to see food-wise at CityWalk (a good, quick burger is needed), but the food is REALLY good right now. The retail sucks.

Authentic Korean BBQ where you grill the meat yourself with kimchi and marinated beef would be my dream restaurant as there is none in Orlando and the nearest is in Miami. That or something themed way out there would be my hopes.

Toothsome is going to be crazily themed.

Reactions: s8film40
I think redoing the stores along the main drag is a must, but I'm far more interested in whether Uni can overcome the moronic design choices of CityWalk. The club corridor is ripe for redevelopment, but Antojitos, as good as it is, suffers from how far back it's set.

Not to mention the ridiculously steep stairs going up to the food court. There are nights that I'm craving a Whopper, but would rather starve than climb those stairs.

Not to mention the ridiculously steep stairs going up to the food court. There are nights that I'm craving a Whopper, but would rather starve than climb those stairs.

This. My daughter wanted Menchies the other day, there was no way I was going up there. We got cold stone instead. So we did get something. When toothsome opens I imagine that is where I will get my dessert needs filled. I never go up to that food court though. And the fast food feel to it with Burger King up there just really turns me off.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
This. My daughter wanted Menchies the other day, there was no way I was going up there. We got cold stone instead. So we did get something. When toothsome opens I imagine that is where I will get my dessert needs filled. I never go up to that food court though. And the fast food feel to it with Burger King up there just really turns me off.

Interestingly enough, the Whopper Bar is a level above Burger King's fast food joints. It's really the only Burger King affiliated thing that I'll eat and I think it's a shame they didn't expand that concept nationally.

Reactions: MrRoamer
I've always been advised to never ever have curry in the states.
Any reason why? There are Indian and Pakistani people here, so they should make decent curry. I love curry, yet ironically never tried a curry place here (I know Idrive has some). Love cooking curries though :) BTW, ever tried a Phaal?

A real kebab place would be nice too, and with real I mean where the meat is sliced of the spit as you order, rather than using precut pieces.

How about a FoodLoop? The one at Europa is crazy popular and Tower's seems to look good and get decent reviews! Would be something different to Orlando for sure.

I never stayed on site and always had to walk past the escalator to the garage. Why have you stayed at the resort Izzy?

It wasn't me that said out of sight out of mind. I said you walk past where the food signs are and then get to the escalator and then go up and then walk back. Basically you walk past the stuff to walk back. I also said I have a stroller and didn't know where the elevators were.

Any reason why? There are Indian and Pakistani people here, so they should make decent curry. I love curry, yet ironically never tried a curry place here (I know Idrive has some). Love cooking curries though :) BTW, ever tried a Phaal?

A real kebab place would be nice too, and with real I mean where the meat is sliced of the spit as you order, rather than using precut pieces.

It was something my dad always told me but I think it was because British curry is very different from curry in America.

I don't think I'm brave enough to ever try phaal and I love spicy food.

A Brazialian steakhouse could be a good addition. I've enjoyed every one I've been to and Fogo de Chao on I Drive was particular great although a little pricey for what it was.

Reactions: anihilnation
It was something my dad always told me but I think it was because British curry is very different from curry in America.

I don't think I'm brave enough to ever try phaal and I love spicy food.

A Brazialian steakhouse could be a good addition. I've enjoyed every one I've been to and Fogo de Chao on I Drive was particular great although a little pricey for what it was.
Lol ... well UK people tend to think curry is an English food :) Tikka Massala originated in Glasgow as well. I know curry is a very broad word also, sometimes I make them strong and sour (vindaloo), othertimes, with yoghurt and coconut. Or Japanese style, based on a roux and with Udon noodle. And then there is Thai curry, also completely different.

Phaal is every bit as hot as it is notorious.

Reactions: Scott W.
Really? Complaining about steps? Wow, Welcome to the United Sloths of America. There's actually a handicap ramp next to it, or is that too long? or does it zig zag too much? It amazes me how perfect and easy life is for so many... I guess I am the unlucky one that have to deal with daily challenges and unfairness from life, what have I done to deserve this? Oh well I guess I will have to climb those stairs. Life is so unfair.

It wasn't me that said out of sight out of mind. I said you walk past where the food signs are and then get to the escalator and then go up and then walk back. Basically you walk past the stuff to walk back. I also said I have a stroller and didn't know where the elevators were.

Yeah, I get all confused and spout off. :saywhat: I just street viewed CW and I couldn't find an elevator. You will have to ask guest services next time as there must be handicap access to the second level.

There's two elevators. One pictured above and another right before the Cinnabon, literally under the BK/Moe's/Panda signage. That and they have ADA ramps in between the stairs some have complained about. And the escalators.

Reactions: Macfr3ak
Wow, I pass by that one elevator into my "short cut" and never noticed it. Next time she asks for ice cream from there maybe I will do that. I don't think there is any other place up there that entices me. Actually the ice cream place doesn't, but my daughter likes it.

And not to say anything, but when you have been pushing a stroller around both parks all day with a 5 year old in it because she is not feeling well herself the last thing you want to do is go pushing that stroller up a ramp. Trust me, I know hardship and dealing with with crap, but I am sure as heck not pushing my daughter up a ramp to get ice cream. Not worth it after a long day at the parks. Which is what people were saying, at the end of the evening when your tired from walking and the sun beating down on you all day, you don't really want to walk up those stairs. I think it is a pretty fair statement.