Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

Surprised that this wasn't known earlier ... and more surprised that they'd do it during the busy summer.

With the huge Margarita-ville resort / city center / water park down by DAK ... wonder if Universal's restaurant is closing?

Surprised that this wasn't known earlier ... and more surprised that they'd do it during the busy summer.

With the huge Margarita-ville resort / city center / water park down by DAK ... wonder if Universal's restaurant is closing?
Ever since they built the resort down the road there has been speculation (I've seen) that M'ville would exit CW but I'm pretty sure that location is a cash cow for them so why would they leave?
Eta: I do think it will be the end of marg u, for that I am sad.

Last edited:
Ever since they built the resort down the road there has been speculation (I've seen) that M'ville would exit CW but I'm pretty sure that location is a cash cow for them so why would they leave?

A cash cow, and if they were going to move it, why not 4 years ago when it could have been a marketable part of the resort? That said, long, oddly-timed refurb, and strange there was no advance notice.

A cash cow, and if they were going to move it, why not 4 years ago when it could have been a marketable part of the resort? That said, long, oddly-timed refurb, and strange there was no advance notice.
Shades of Emeril's quick retreat....Hope not. Love sitting at the Plane bar watching the crowd walking to IOA across the bridge...........Summer refurb is strange timing.

Not a fan of the Margaritaville restaurant in CityWalk at all. If they opened one with the resort, then another reason we don't need it. New tenant please!

Margaritaville looks like true tourist kitsch so in that regard it's fine but the unique concepts from Universal are much more exciting for me than a chain that can be visited in Orlando anyway.
What if Universal would put in a Tiki bar in that location?

Margaritaville looks like true tourist kitsch so in that regard it's fine but the unique concepts from Universal are much more exciting for me than a chain that can be visited in Orlando anyway.
What if Universal would put in a Tiki bar in that location?
If they did and M'ville had any say I think they would object as Lone Palm is there.

Rix Flix needs to do a live stream investigation onsite, ha.

Love the place but it could for sure use a renovation ... also it is so custom built and gigantic, nothing could just slot in there.

The patio will stay open. While the dining room is worked on then will be the patio gets its turn. Then lone palm. Everything should be done by November. I wast told it is likely to remain a Margaritaville. This was the first Margaritaville.

Yeah, I can't imagine it's turning into a new restaurant if they're leaving those open. Otherwise they'd just shut it all down at once.