Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

CityWalk closed at 12am for the last 2 weeks. Was there tonight and there were a bunch of confused guests. Is this normal for this time of year? Or a new thing? Used to the 2am closing time on Friday & Saturday

edit- maybe just a slow time of year?

Last edited:
CityWalk closed at 12am for the last 2 weeks. Was there tonight and there were a bunch of confused guests. Is this normal for this time of year? Or a new thing? Used to the 2am closing time on Friday & Saturday

Now that all the clubs are gone (except Pat O’Briens, however you think of that), there’s really no reason to leave it open for the 12-2 window. If someone hasn’t eaten dinner by midnight, that’s kind of on them.

I would imagine there’s also some benefit to not bringing in the late-night local crowd.

Checked online and all of July closes at midnight. This puts it in line with Disney Springs.

Now that all the clubs are gone (except Pat O’Briens, however you think of that), there’s really no reason to leave it open for the 12-2 window. If someone hasn’t eaten dinner by midnight, that’s kind of on them.

I would imagine there’s also some benefit to not bringing in the late-night local crowd.

It's also pretty huge for cutting down on labor hours needed. I imagine staffing shortages in Orlando are still staggering.

Do we think Citywalk will stay open later for HHN? The quick service places should stay open until at least closing.... hard to find somewhere to eat at the end of a HHN night.

Also, any rumors on when the great escape will open?

Do we think Citywalk will stay open later for HHN? The quick service places should stay open until at least closing.... hard to find somewhere to eat at the end of a HHN night.

Also, any rumors on when the great escape will open?

I believe it'll stay open till at least event close time. Their new closing time puts them in line with Disney Springs, I don't think there is a reduced demand for CityWalk just a different demand.

I heard June originally but now it's "fall". If I'm them I'd open it for the busy HHN period.