Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Console Gaming (General)

Meanwhile i'm probably gonna be playing my PS4 and Xbox One until well into next year with how hard it is to secure a console right now. :lol:
Same, rather just wait two years for a price drop, or maybe that new battlefield will speed up the process of buying one.

I was going to wait until next year for the PS5, but everything I've heard about the DualSense makes me want it now. I'm not sure if the DualSense's incompatibility with the PS4 is intentional, but it might make a lot of people like me pull the trigger earlier. Probably won't be able to pick one up anyways though with the way these orders have gone.

I was going to wait until next year for the PS5, but everything I've heard about the DualSense makes me want it now. I'm not sure if the DualSense's incompatibility with the PS4 is intentional, but it might make a lot of people like me pull the trigger earlier. Probably won't be able to pick one up anyways though with the way these orders have gone.
Okay on the topic of that controller, if anybody here has played Spiderman (2018) have you noticed that when you swing around the controller tightens up like a pendulum. So when you swing to the lowest point it slightly vibrates? I can only imagine how much more advanced that will be in MM with the adaptive tirggers.

Edit: Snippet from VGC "
The PS5's DualSense controller was also tapped to provide, as Horton put it, "a next level of immersion." For example, whenever players use Miles' bioelectricity, the controller will rumble. On PS4, players will feel one big universal jumble of a rumble throughout the controller. However, the DualSense's haptic rumble will dial the feedback up to 11. Thanks to the DualSense's more advanced rumble motors, PS5 owners will feel the sensation of Miles' bioelectricity travel from one side of the controller to the other.

Web-swinging will also feel more immersive on the PS5 than on the PS4. Thankfully, players don't have to worry about the DualSense sticking to them as spider webs do, but the controller will apply resistance to its triggers whenever Miles webslings through the city. Players will feel the impact of a web finding a connection point, as well as the line's tension as it supports Miles' weight and slings him forward, all through the triggers. PS4 players, meanwhile, won't receive any haptic feedback."

Read More: The ugly truth of what PS4 fans will be missing out on in Spider-Man: Miles Morales

I mean for those saying a price drop, these things are going to sell for a while at these prices. Switch is 3 years old and not dipped in price EVER.
It will be 3 plus years before you see these systems have a more than 50 dollar drop if that. Unlike last gen the Xbox isn't worst than PS and Game Pass has given people a reason to come back to that system.

I also got lucky and got my Xbox a day Early, the Pros are the SSD is amazing the cons are external drives don't really see a boost in times so get ready to pony up another 200 bucks to upgrade the SSD or only have like 5ish games you can play that are next gen

I am posting this here as we don't have much else to go off of, but as it stands now: from two banking sources at Bloomberg JP; multiple companies are potentially looking to fully acquire Square Enix.

Toys for Bob at Activision, has now been pointed to be a support company for Activision's Call of Duty franchise, as a large amount of Toys for Bob employees, will be laid off for this shift.

Multiple developers at Toys for Bob are coming out on the subject, as they are either being fired from the company, or leaving off of their own volition.

Has anyone dabbled in getting one of these? If you have, are they worth it?

If anybody here got a PS5 what did ya' do to get it. Any specific websites or Twitter accounts that alerted you for restocks?

If anybody here got a PS5 what did ya' do to get it. Any specific websites or Twitter accounts that alerted you for restocks?

I used the OctoShop extension with Chrome and snagged one from Best Buy back in February as soon as the in-stock alert popped up.

I saw a notification pop up from Twitter for a restock and as soon as the page loaded they were all sold out. This is gonna be difficult.

I saw a notification pop up from Twitter for a restock and as soon as the page loaded they were all sold out. This is gonna be difficult.

I don't know if they've changed the procedure or not, but when I bought mine, Best Buy didn't make all of their inventory available at once; they released them in batches every couple of minutes, so once you saw the notification, you still had multiple chances to get one. The Sony pre-queue and queue also helped. Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc. seemed impossible. The bots would buy them before you even had the slightest chance.

Big change in the industry if this comes to pass:

So, a thought in me occurs. What if this has partners that have had full on partnerships with Netflix for the starting group? This could actually mean a lot, if Netflix is able to procure Capcom, Konami, and CD Projekt Red to have games come on for the streaming side. Especially for bulkier titles; it could be a great way to introduce people while tying into shows and films releasing on Netflix (Especially with IP's like RE, Witcher, Cyberpunk, and Castlevania).

So, a thought in me occurs. What if this has partners that have had full on partnerships with Netflix for the starting group? This could actually mean a lot, if Netflix is able to procure Capcom, Konami, and CD Projekt Red to have games come on for the streaming side. Especially for bulkier titles; it could be a great way to introduce people while tying into shows and films releasing on Netflix (Especially with IP's like RE, Witcher, Cyberpunk, and Castlevania).
I grander thought than even that occurs to me - we know that Netflix and Sony signed that deal right? What if in that deal, certain Playstation exclusives were included? Right now, Playstation is losing out a bit to Xbox a bit as they are having a lot of success with Game Pass, but it's also not making money yet (thus why Sony hasn't really gone all in on trying something similar yet). What if Sony decides to test out how popular this is on Netflix (it would obviously get their games more exposure), and it would allow them time to build their own Cloud Gaming system during the time Netflix has the rights.

I grander thought than even that occurs to me - we know that Netflix and Sony signed that deal right? What if in that deal, certain Playstation exclusives were included? Right now, Playstation is losing out a bit to Xbox a bit as they are having a lot of success with Game Pass, but it's also not making money yet (thus why Sony hasn't really gone all in on trying something similar yet). What if Sony decides to test out how popular this is on Netflix (it would obviously get their games more exposure), and it would allow them time to build their own Cloud Gaming system during the time Netflix has the rights.

If they were to do that--wouldn't that render Playstation Now to an extent?

While perhaps it's possible (I actually don't rule it out), I don't see Sony negating their own streaming service, unless, if it was a separate add-on to Netflix (similar to how Disney has Hulu).