Console Gaming (General) | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Console Gaming (General)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'll definitely miss getting that precious $3.50 from Gamestop
It’s more about the one time use gamer who then immediately sells it on eBay for the purchase price, meaning they got the game virtually for free.

I’ve done this quite a bit and will be paying for a disk version to do so with the PS5, too.

How is buying digital "overpaying"? lol
First of all a digital game is not owning a game but having a licence. That game can leave the store and if you haven't downloaded it, it's gone (happened to me with Wing commander on PS3). A physical game is yours and will work always (except for multi player crap).
A new digital game is at least 10 bucks more expensive than a new game in a shop (I bought The Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima for 55 euro each (PSN store 69.99 euro each).
You can't sell the game (I can sell both for 40 euro each).
I call that overpaying...lol.

Reactions: PerceptiveCoot
A new digital game is at least 10 bucks more expensive than a new game in a shop (I bought The Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima for 55 euro each (PSN store 69.99 euro each).
You can't sell the game (I can sell both for 40 euro each).
I call that overpaying...lol.
They’re the same price in the states.
It’s more about the one time use gamer who then immediately sells it on eBay for the purchase price, meaning they got the game virtually for free.

I’ve done this quite a bit and will be paying for a disk version to do so with the PS5, too.
If I had the time to beat a game that quickly, maybe. But even then, I prefer not having to ever step foot in GameStop or deal with the hassle of putting it online to sell. Plus I can preload my games and play right away
I will always go with physical media whenever possible. I like collecting them and you can loan them out to friends. I still have most of my Zelda and Mario games that my kids currently play with.
I dislike the creation of more plastic junk that will eventually become trash, as well as the PITA of finding a new place to put said plastic junk in my house

Reactions: Legacy
Sony completely botched the rollout of preorders. I had one in my cart on Best Buy but never got to the checkout page because the site kept glitching out.
From what I have heard is this is the best case scenario for actual people to end up with systems as it did not let scalpers set up their bots to scoop up handfuls of consoles. Will have to see how the series x/s launch goes to make a conclusion as to which method was better for consumers

From what I have heard is this is the best case scenario for actual people to end up with systems as it did not let scalpers set up their bots to scoop up handfuls of consoles. Will have to see how the series x/s launch goes to make a conclusion as to which method was better for consumers
I find it hard to believe scalpers didn’t end up with them considering how many preorders are up on eBay

After a fully 24 hours of trying, finally acquired :lol:. Walmart is still hit or miss, so keep refreshing and hope for the best.

Gone in seconds yet again. Had delivery address & payment info already saved beforehand and ready to click and still no dice. Just unreal.
Went through three waves of Walmart opening up preorders and still no dice. Gone in less than a minute each time.

I find it hard to believe scalpers didn’t end up with them considering how many preorders are up on eBay
Oh, they no doubt got some. The idea is though that they were not able to get the bot network setup which allows them to get bulk purchases from multiple sites in seconds. It seems ps5 did not have the issue Nvidia did (bot net). I would expect what happened to Nvidia to happen to series x/s with ample time for every scalper to get their bots setup.

I've slowly been going more digital but I'd still like to have the disc drive. Have PS4 disc games, have blu-rays and some 4k blu-rays, plus don't want to be restricted to just one shop (Sony) even if I am leaning towards more digital games.

The PS5 Event was great I'd say it was a 8/9 out of ten. Pretty much showed games I wanted to see and God of Wars 2 Hype.

The roll out of Pre Orders suckssss but its sold out so...will it hurt Sony?Not really people want this system because its dirt cheap for what you get
70 dollar Sony first party games are fine, they give full amazing games and many times free content updates but games like COD and Madden can go to hell, they are no worth it to me in anyway and think even at 60 they were ripping you off with all the locked content they wanted you to pay for

Reactions: tielo
Got one on Walmart recently but I'm going to give it to my friend since he's the bigger console gamer if he doesn't get one. I took off to get a 3080. That was an ugly poor launch although it was great for the scalpers.

I contacted the pap and mom show I pre-orderd my console. I won't get my PS5 in the first run but I will be in the second one. When that comes isn't sure yet but will be in 2020. I also mentioned I wanted the disk version one and he told me the are all standard changed into disk version. After that they call each buyer to ask if they rather have the cheaper digital one, most don't. I guess most don't entrust the sales of their games in the hands of 1 digital store. I'm very happy about that.

Well I got a PS5 pre order from Sony sign up...I wonder how they did these because I'm the only one of my friends that got an invite to buy it from them

So Microsoft bought Bethesda today right before preorders go up for the XBSX and if they want to they can make Elder Scrolls 6 an exclusive. That will be huge.

The biggest flex Microsoft can do is when you boot up Deathloop and Ghostwire: Tokyo the screen says Xbox Studios along with the other developers.

I don't understand why I can't just reserve a game console online. First people to reserve get the first ones then everyone else gets an estimated delivery date after that. Why is that so hard? Then scalpers wouldn't be as much of a factor. They know their production output. This could easily be done.