Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Console Gaming (General)

I preordered my PS5. I shall wait patiently.

Fwiw, of the people I normally play with - 7 out of 9 got a preorder (and one of those 2 didn’t try). We all knew it was going to be an in-demand order, and in short supply. I hope everyone gets their order in, but c’mon now - there had to be people who lost out.

I preordered my PS5. I shall wait patiently.

Fwiw, of the people I normally play with - 7 out of 9 got a preorder (and one of those 2 didn’t try). We all knew it was going to be an in-demand order, and in short supply. I hope everyone gets their order in, but c’mon now - there had to be people who lost out.
*raises hand* I was up until 1 AM trying to get it and failed. Almost had it countless times on Best Buy and had the Amazon listing up within 2 minutes of it being posted and it was gone the second I hit the final "order" button. Feels bad :lol:

*raises hand* I was up until 1 AM trying to get it and failed. Almost had it countless times on Best Buy and had the Amazon listing up within 2 minutes of it being posted and it was gone the second I hit the final "order" button. Feels bad :lol:

Keep trying. I preordered through Target. The first two times it said Out of Stock. Third time, it went through.

Keep trying. I preordered through Target. The first two times it said Out of Stock. Third time, it went through.
Definitely not giving up. Would love for Sony to give any kind of clarification, but it seems like they're going radio silent on it. I don't get the vibe that this is all that's being released though, so I'm still optimistic.

Definitely not giving up. Would love for Sony to give any kind of clarification, but it seems like they're going radio silent on it. I don't get the vibe that this is all that's being released though, so I'm still optimistic.

Yeah, agreed. I think Sony is being coy as a way to "combat" any overwhelming demand.

Also, XBox preorders start Sept 22 - so that'll be interesting to see the chaos.

Also, XBox preorders start Sept 22 - so that'll be interesting to see the chaos.
Not sure if I’m pre-ordering or not. I’m getting the Series X, and there hasn’t been any reports of supply shortages like the PS5. I may wait and buy it off the shelves.

Planning on preordering the PS5 as soon as I can--and to just play the PS4 games that'll be included on PS+ for free.

...I want to play God of War finally damnit, gimme that Kratos. :tease:

Yeah I was looking at a XSS but the event Microsoft showed in July was so underwhelming. With the PS5 there is just so more and that PS+ Collection is even more tempting.

Yeah I was looking at a XSS but the event Microsoft showed in July was so underwhelming. With the PS5 there is just so more and that PS+ Collection is even more tempting.

As someone who dipped into Microsoft with the XBO--I've seen a bit of the error that I did. And in essence--I am perfectly fine with just getting a PS5 and the PS+. Because to me--I would be absolutely fine with playing PS4 titles as they'd be all first time experiences for me.

I do plan on getting 1 or 2 games (Cyberpunk 2077 is one of them, alongside Spider-Man), as I'm excited.

I pre-ordered mine a while ago but I'm not sure if I'm getting one as the shop doesn't know how much they get.
I go for the PS5 with the blu-ray drive so I hope most people go for short term gain (and long term overpaying for games). A bit salty Europe gets the console a week later...

I pre-ordered mine a while ago but I'm not sure if I'm getting one as the shop doesn't know how much they get.
I go for the PS5 with the blu-ray drive so I hope most people go for short term gain (and long term overpaying for games). A bit salty Europe gets the console a week later...
How is buying digital "overpaying"? lol

Wasn't able to get a preorder last night. Tried Amazon, but the preorder link was leaked on Twitter an hour earlier. :shrug:

Sony completely botched the rollout of preorders. I had one in my cart on Best Buy but never got to the checkout page because the site kept glitching out.
Same here pal. Reminds me of D23 when everything sold out. Purchasing anything worthwhile online is a pain.

I will always go with physical media whenever possible. I like collecting them and you can loan them out to friends. I still have most of my Zelda and Mario games that my kids currently play with.