Console Gaming (General) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Console Gaming (General)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What got me just fricking going, was actually Kena. Because if you remember the name of who's developing it..it's the same people who made the outstanding short film, Terrible Fate (Which is a fan-created short based off of Majora's Mask).

Coupled with Theopany, I am watching this freaking game like a hawk. I am so on-board for it.

What got me just fricking going, was actually Kena. Because if you remember the name of who's developing it..it's the same people who made the outstanding short film, Terrible Fate (Which is a fan-created short based off of Majora's Mask).

Coupled with Theopany, I am watching this freaking game like a hawk. I am so on-board for it.

This and Ratchet and Clank were the most graphically impressive for me.

Definitely most hyped for the Miles Morales game!

The first Spider-Man game was incredible. Looking forward to the Miles Morales expansion. I am a Gran Turismo fan and have been playing since the A-Spec days so that one is a given. Stray looked interesting. Aside from that, not much excited me game wise. Hoping some more things are announced between now and launch.

Since there's game sales still going, snagged Street Fighter V and LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens on PS4 while getting Soul Calibur VI on Xbox.

XBOX will be having a Summer Game Fest Demo showcase--allowing people to have a hand's on experience with a handful of games.

This will include demo's that would usually be reserved for those only attending proper show-floor's.

If Xbox really get X Cloud on most devices and my friends can Play Halo Infinite with me this fall then I'll be ok with Gold being taken away for only GamePass Ultimate.

My group of friends haven't played a Halo game since Halo 3 and most want to...they just don't see the need to own three consoles (they own PS4/Switch...and I get it why get an Xbox one as well for one game) So fingers crossed that the next halo is playable on basically any PC with "good" internet

It's a better computer when you look at the numbers and everything, but what makes a great gaming system is really the ability to play the best games. At this point, they're both going to be great and will look similar, but Xbox has nothing besides Halo and Gears that is even a decent excuse for an exclusive (I guess since Microsoft owns Minecraft, they could make Minecraft a Series X exclusive for the next gen). Meanwhile, just in the last two months PlayStation has had TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima come out and I couldn't play those if I only have an Xbox.

Maybe I get a Series X sometime down the line after PS5, but no way is it my first of the new generation. Especially with the Miles Morales game being PS5 exclusive (meaning not on PS4, either).

It's a better computer when you look at the numbers and everything, but what makes a great gaming system is really the ability to play the best games. At this point, they're both going to be great and will look similar, but Xbox has nothing besides Halo and Gears that is even a decent excuse for an exclusive (I guess since Microsoft owns Minecraft, they could make Minecraft a Series X exclusive for the next gen). Meanwhile, just in the last two months PlayStation has had TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima come out and I couldn't play those if I only have an Xbox.

Maybe I get a Series X sometime down the line after PS5, but no way is it my first of the new generation. Especially with the Miles Morales game being PS5 exclusive (meaning not on PS4, either).

I mean--they have developers.

With Ninja Theory handling Hellblade, Playground with Fable, Obsidian in general has a lot of fun little projects; and whatever The Initative is cooking up (which is still being kept as hush-hush).

Is it to the same level as the PS5? No. But I honestly don't see XBOX..really playing ball in the terms of it being console wars.

I mean--they have developers.

With Ninja Theory handling Hellblade, Playground with Fable, Obsidian in general has a lot of fun little projects; and whatever The Initative is cooking up (which is still being kept as hush-hush).

Is it to the same level as the PS5? No. But I honestly don't see XBOX..really playing ball in the terms of it being console wars.
I had been a hardcore Xbox guy pretty much since the Original launched. I had an original PS, but I actually remember selling it on ebay. Never got a PS2 and only my brother had a PS3 which I rarely played because I had my xbox. I don't think I realized what I was missing out on until TLOU came out in 2013 and even after that, I was in line at a Walmart to buy an Xbox One on launch night. I got a PS4 a year or so later and have fewer games on it than I do on my Xbox, but there's just some games that are wayyyy out of anything in Xbox's league on PS.

All i'm saying is I play for games, not specs. If you truly care about specs, you wouldn't even be playing console, you'd have a gaming computer. I play Xbox more with dual console games because I like the controller better, but the PS5 controller looks exactly like the Xbox One controller, so I may not even need to worry about that anymore.

I had been a hardcore Xbox guy pretty much since the Original launched. I had an original PS, but I actually remember selling it on ebay. Never got a PS2 and only my brother had a PS3 which I rarely played because I had my xbox. I don't think I realized what I was missing out on until TLOU came out in 2013 and even after that, I was in line at a Walmart to buy an Xbox One on launch night. I got a PS4 a year or so later and have fewer games on it than I do on my Xbox, but there's just some games that are wayyyy out of anything in Xbox's league on PS.

All i'm saying is I play for games, not specs. If you truly care about specs, you wouldn't even be playing console, you'd have a gaming computer. I play Xbox more with dual console games because I like the controller better, but the PS5 controller looks exactly like the Xbox One controller, so I may not even need to worry about that anymore.

And I'm not saying that I care about specs more than the games.

I'm just saying, there are certainly..other way's of looking at Microsoft's strategy.

Reactions: awhen
And I'm not saying that I care about specs more than the games.

I'm just saying, there are certainly..other way's of looking at Microsoft's strategy.
"fun little projects" as you called them are fine, but that's all they are. Little projects. The little projects are fine as an appetizer, but you gotta have an entree and they don't have anything besides Halo that's even worth taking a look at right now. Also, most of their exclusives end up on PC anyway.

They lost this upcoming generation by losing all momentum they had built up through the 360 era and wasting it by botching the Xbox One launch. Now more Xbox users have adopted PS then would have otherwise and it's just not as enticing of a product anymore. I want to play where my friends are at and overwhelmingly they're on Playstation now. That didn't used to be the case.