Console Gaming (General) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Console Gaming (General)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"fun little projects" as you called them are fine, but that's all they are. Little projects. The little projects are fine as an appetizer, but you gotta have an entree and they don't have anything besides Halo that's even worth taking a look at right now. Also, most of their exclusives end up on PC anyway.

They lost this upcoming generation by losing all momentum they had built up through the 360 era and wasting it by botching the Xbox One launch. Now more Xbox users have adopted PS then would have otherwise and it's just not as enticing of a product anymore. I want to play where my friends are at and overwhelmingly they're on Playstation now. That didn't used to be the case.

Here's the thing though, Microsoft is not at the angle as of right now of going to town on consoles and console exclusives.

XCloud and what they've done with XBOX Game Pass, comes to mind really quick. They're pushing XBOX to become a "brand", of where they can have technological hardware like consoles, but to also enrichen and grow their PC and streaming abilities. And at the end of the day--I'd absolutely pick a PS5. But I would also pick Game Pass Ultimate--so I can play XBOX games on the cloud.

Here's the thing though, Microsoft is not at the angle as of right now of going to town on consoles and console exclusives.

XCloud and what they've done with XBOX Game Pass, comes to mind really quick. They're pushing XBOX to become a "brand", of where they can have technological hardware like consoles, but to also enrichen and grow their PC and streaming abilities. And at the end of the day--I'd absolutely pick a PS5. But I would also pick Game Pass Ultimate--so I can play XBOX games on the cloud.
I have Game Pass and it's... fine. It gives me a chance to play some games I otherwise wouldn't, but tbh, the selection of games isn't all that great. Also, my Xbox One seems to have died, so I can't even turn the console on. And i'm totally fine with it.

Xbox will do fine.....will I buy the next Xbox? Not until its on a deep sale

Why? Because I can play games on my Xbox one and X Cloud, its great for consumers but makes no sense why I'd buy it over a PS5 when Consoles are going to cost 500-700 bucks.
I also just like Sony games better, I liked Gears 4 a lot and was hoping Gear 5 would be another step up...but no it went open world and has just a ton of wasted time going around empty maps and when you do run into something its just another fight with no story impact.

I think most people wanted Halo to be like God of War and change into something more Mature and just different...but its more the same kill the same things you have a million times and the story wont matter.
If I was 343 I would have made the Campaign Next Gen only and blown people's socks away with one of the best roller coaster rides of a story for ten hours anyone has ever seen....make the MP/Horde/Battle Royale and Warzone modes playable on Xbox one. But the Story needed to really make up for Halo 5 and it looks like more of the same...if I wanted an open world game I'd play the 1,000 of others that will most likely do it better

Xbox will do fine.....will I buy the next Xbox? Not until its on a deep sale

Why? Because I can play games on my Xbox one and X Cloud, its great for consumers but makes no sense why I'd buy it over a PS5 when Consoles are going to cost 500-700 bucks.
I also just like Sony games better, I liked Gears 4 a lot and was hoping Gear 5 would be another step up...but no it went open world and has just a ton of wasted time going around empty maps and when you do run into something its just another fight with no story impact.

I think most people wanted Halo to be like God of War and change into something more Mature and just different...but its more the same kill the same things you have a million times and the story wont matter.
If I was 343 I would have made the Campaign Next Gen only and blown people's socks away with one of the best roller coaster rides of a story for ten hours anyone has ever seen....make the MP/Horde/Battle Royale and Warzone modes playable on Xbox one. But the Story needed to really make up for Halo 5 and it looks like more of the same...if I wanted an open world game I'd play the 1,000 of others that will most likely do it better
Yeah, Halo being Xbox's crown gem is getting sad at this point since they refuse to evolve. People like story driven games and games that are just plain fun for online play. Warzone is proof of something that can make an entire franchise relevant again as CoD had really gotten to the point of being too much of the same thing with a shorter and shorter story mode every game. But Warzone alone brought them back to being the hot thing to play.

Yeah, Halo being Xbox's crown gem is getting sad at this point since they refuse to evolve. People like story driven games and games that are just plain fun for online play. Warzone is proof of something that can make an entire franchise relevant again as CoD had really gotten to the point of being too much of the same thing with a shorter and shorter story mode every game. But Warzone alone brought them back to being the hot thing to play.
While I'm sure Halo will look fine when it's out....it's just weird to me that Ratchet and Clank looks more next gen then this....like that game is doing things you can't do on current gen systems

Halo is like you can slowly grapple people....lol

I have Game Pass and it's... fine. It gives me a chance to play some games I otherwise wouldn't, but tbh, the selection of games isn't all that great. Also, my Xbox One seems to have died, so I can't even turn the console on. And i'm totally fine with it.
I actually got it on a lark to play Disneyland Adventures and it got me hooked. I think my biggest issue so far is the lack of parity between console and PC game pass. PC has all Xbox games post-2018, lots of great indies, and many niche RPGs. But, unlike Console Game Pass, it lacks big AAA titles like Devil May Cry, Red Dead, Kingdom Hearts, Monster Hunter, NBA 2K, The Witcher 3, and Batman. PC Game pass is also lacking classic titles (Rare Replay, 360 Gears of War titles, Metal Gear Solid, Alan Wake, Fable 1-3).

I actually got it on a lark to play Disneyland Adventures and it got me hooked. I think my biggest issue so far is the lack of parity between console and PC game pass. PC has all Xbox games post-2018, lots of great indies, and many niche RPGs. But, unlike Console Game Pass, it lacks big AAA titles like Devil May Cry, Red Dead, Kingdom Hearts, Monster Hunter, NBA 2K, The Witcher 3, and Batman. PC Game pass is also lacking classic titles (Rare Replay, 360 Gears of War titles, Metal Gear Solid, Alan Wake, Fable 1-3).
I'm guess its the deal they have that you can't play some none PC games on PC...I really am wonder what X Cloud is going to look like. Hope they get a deal where all games can be played on that

Halo Was delayed to next year....Microsoft is about to have another rough console start

What game are you guying a new xbox for? PS5 has Spiderman and exclusive stuff coming to games like Avengers.

Also with Gamepass on phones/PC why would you really need a next gen Xbox system?

Halo Was delayed to next year....Microsoft is about to have another rough console start

What game are you guying a new xbox for? PS5 has Spiderman and exclusive stuff coming to games like Avengers.

Also with Gamepass on phones/PC why would you really need a next gen Xbox system?
I’m buying it for the 100 some-odd digital games I already own, plus the next-gen stuff as they come. Most of the next-gen stuff I’m really interested in so far are cross-platform anyway. The Ascent is probably the only day one purchase I’m interested in.

I’m buying it for the 100 some-odd digital games I already own, plus the next-gen stuff as they come. Most of the next-gen stuff I’m really interested in so far are cross-platform anyway. The Ascent is probably the only day one purchase I’m interested in.
As someone who has an Xbox one....I just don't see the point.

I loved Spiderman so for me even a 30 hours half game is enough to get me on board along with all my PS4 MP games moving to next gen. I just don't see why anyone needs an Xbox day one with X cloud and the old systems having all games

Alright, so, let's update shall we? XBOX Series S has been announced, as they have the full pricing now of XBOX S|X.

Series X: $499
Series S: $299

As an added thing, XBOX and Microsoft is doing financial monthly payments, where you can get an XBOX Series S|X, per month with XBOX Games Pass Ultimate in financed--for 25 dollars for Series S; and 35 Dollars for Series X. Additionally, Launching this year, EA Play will be coming to XBOX Games Pass Ultimate and XBOX Games Pass PC, for no additional cost.

PS5 is supposedly not far--as pre-orders are expected to begin tomorrow, with a 24K gold variant already listed.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I like that Xbox came in at the price that they did as that will force PS5 to have a lower price than originally expected/rumored.

Reactions: Sledge
I was shocked that MS showed Halo. Phil must have looked at it and thought it was good enough for game pass. The fans and press decided differently so they are going to work on it longer. Above that a former writer for Halo was hired so I guess the story also needs work. It's concerning that a company like MS thinks they can push this game as a service game was good enough. I hoped MS would do better this gen. I have no love for MS but I want the competition.

Although there are a lot of games released each year there are only a few that stay with you, that rise above everything and also looks stunning and have a great story. Most of those games (for me) are PlayStation exclusives.

I was shocked that MS showed Halo. Phil must have looked at it and thought it was good enough for game pass. The fans and press decided differently so they are going to work on it longer. Above that a former writer for Halo was hired so I guess the story also needs work. It's concerning that a company like MS thinks they can push this game as a service game was good enough. I hoped MS would do better this gen. I have no love for MS but I want the competition.

Although there are a lot of games released each year there are only a few that stay with you, that rise above everything and also looks stunning and have a great story. Most of those games (for me) are PlayStation exclusives.
Halo Sell well but most younger people don't care about it...and I get it the story for the last few games is very Meh. And making it open world will just make more filler.

I want a 8-10 hours amazing action movie that is like a Roller coaster but they seem to think people want more open world games when the market is flooded with games better suited for it...I think Gears 5 was good but hated the filler of having to walk around or drive in large empty area's just to fight more enemies I've already fought before

As for the New Xbox...both are amazing values and hope Sony has to drop to 500 bucks...which is a STEAL for what they can do

PS5 Will cost 499, PS5 Digital will cost 399.

God Of War 2 (Likely God Of War: Ragnarok), FFXVI, DMCV Special Edition (Capcom be Capcom), and more were revealed

EDIT: Demon Souls, Sackboy's Big Adventure are also Launch Titles. I uh, what.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tristan
PS5 Will cost 499, PS5 Digital will cost 399.

God Of War 2 (Likely God Of War: Ragnarok), FFXVI, DMCV Special Edition (Capcom be Capcom), and more were revealed

EDIT: Demon Souls, Sackboy's Big Adventure are also Launch Titles. I uh, what.

What a mess of a launch reveal. How hard is it to hire someone to whip something up in After Effects to present in the presentation? And then Demon's Souls is revealed to be on PC, except its not, but it's still a launch title. And then three of their big launch franchises (Spider-Man, Sackboy, and Horizon) are also on PS4? And at a lower price? And pre-orders are available tomorrow, except they're actually available today for some reason? And most of this information is initially being conveyed by third-party sources rather than Sony themselves?

Who approved this?

EDIT: Add the preorder issues to above.

Last edited:
What a mess of a launch reveal. How hard is it to hire someone to whip something up in After Effects to present in the presentation? And then Demon's Souls is revealed to be on PC, except its not, but it's still a launch title. And then three of their big launch franchises (Spider-Man, Sackboy, and Horizon) are also on PS4? And at a lower price? And pre-orders are available tomorrow, except they're actually available today for some reason? And most of this information is initially being conveyed by third-party sources rather than Sony themselves?

Who approved this?

EDIT: Add the preorder issues to above.
I don't think they needed a snake oil salesman, it was fine. We got a ton of games and the price and release dates.