Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cowfish

Weird don't remeber Vivo doing that. I'll have to check if I have the receipt. Those heaters are wonderful.

Ok, I'm torn when I get here as there are so many things to order...what is everyone's favorite Sushi and favorite burger here?

I like the Jalapeno Popper Show Stopper for a burger. I only tried one Sushi roll and didn't think it was anything special...can't even remember the name of it.

I've only had the Cowfish Bento Box and the Burgushi. The slider and spicy tuna sushi was really good in the Bento Box and I would wholly recommend that.
The Burgushi (Taste Explosion and I think Doug's) my wife and I were not as happy as with the more standard fare. It was just weird especially the Taste Explosion, the closest thing I could compare it to was a taco roll-ish.

I look forward to your reviews JungleSkip and HockeyMann. I have not worked up the courage for the Elvis Burger yet.

I can't stand seafood at all, any of it. With that being said, its all about the burger for me :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I love seafood gently cooked, raw just leaves me cold and icky. Lobster, Crab, Haddock, Basa, Flounder, freshwater Bass, Scallops, Clams, Shrimp, I love it all. Just not the dense fish like swordfish, tuna, salmon even. So, if it is a bottom feeder, I love it. :stunned:

I've only had the Cowfish Bento Box and the Burgushi. The slider and spicy tuna sushi was really good in the Bento Box and I would wholly recommend that.
The Burgushi (Taste Explosion and I think Doug's) my wife and I were not as happy as with the more standard fare. It was just weird especially the Taste Explosion, the closest thing I could compare it to was a taco roll-ish.

That's what I got as well (Bento Box)...I want to try more of their sushi but 8 pieces is not enough for me

Don't get me wrong, I love seafood gently cooked, raw just leaves me cold and icky. Lobster, Crab, Haddock, Bass, Flounder, freshwater Bass, Scallops, Clams, Shrimp, I love it all. Just not the dense fish like swordfish, tuna, salmon even. So, if it is a bottom feeder, I love it. :stunned:

I love seafood of all kinds, but it's gotta be cooked. Raw oysters look like boogers, and raw fish, well, yuck, tried it once, hated it.

Had the Spicy Crunchy Sushi last night...amazing

Also got to sit on the third floor and the view is incredible...request when/if you go

Ate there on Sunday.

First, didn't have a problem with the service. It was about what I expect from theme park dining.

Second, I would agree that the ambiance isn't anything to write home about, but I sat at the balcony with Hogwarts in the distance, so I was happy.

Third, the three of us really liked our food. I had the Fusion Specialty Bento Box. I really enjoyed it, though I'd probably get a burger next time. My sister got an awesome sushi roll she really enjoyed, and my mom got the pulled pork sandwich that was really, really good.

All-in-all, I'd rank Cowfish below Antojitos for my favorite CityWalk addition, though I've yet to eat at Vivo yet.

Ate there Saturday night around 6:30PM.

Food was good, had the Crab Rangoon Dip and a custom burger (Beef, Smoked Gouda, LTO, Jalapenos, Cowfish Sauce, Applewood Smoked Bacon on Brioche). Appetizer came out less than 5 minutes after we ordered (i.e. it was already prepared). My whole table ordered burgers and we waited almost 45 minutes after the appetizer came which was kind of outrageous for a relatively simple order. Maybe they're still working out kinks. Definitely the best of the new additions (still haven't had Vivo yet).

Looking forward to trying some Nigiri from here though next time, it looked really fresh and isn't too expensive for what you get.

Ate there Saturday night around 6:30PM.

Food was good, had the Crab Rangoon Dip and a custom burger (Beef, Smoked Gouda, LTO, Jalapenos, Cowfish Sauce, Applewood Smoked Bacon on Brioche). Appetizer came out less than 5 minutes after we ordered (i.e. it was already prepared). My whole table ordered burgers and we waited almost 45 minutes after the appetizer came which was kind of outrageous for a relatively simple order. Maybe they're still working out kinks. Definitely the best of the new additions (still haven't had Vivo yet).

Looking forward to trying some Nigiri from here though next time, it looked really fresh and isn't too expensive for what you get.

How crowded was it? When I was there a bit later than 6:30 it was packed and I ended up waiting an hour for my food.

Ate here the other day, excellent burger! Loved the bacon. However, service was slow. It took 30 minutes for my order to come and the fries were cold. I'll definitely return when it's not as busy or when service improves.