Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cowfish

We stopped in for lunch when we arrived at UNI as the wife and I had really been waiting to try a meal here. We were both very happy with our lunch (and it carried us so that we skipped dinner that night).

Our daughter enjoyed here kids cheeseburgers:

My wife had a Bento Box w/ a spicy roll:

and I had the Prime Time filet and lobster roll:

I am certain that we shall eat here again!

I ate at Cowfish for the first time on Thursday, so I can now say I have eaten at every venue in CityWalk!

I thought it was good to very good. My friends ordered the parmesan truffle fries, which were pretty delicious, and something I could eat as a meal, with a salad. I had the turkey brie cranberry burger, quite delicious, if a wee bit dry (turkey burgers tend to be dry), but I loved the apple slices, brie, and cranberries on top, and the homemade bun was great. I substituted sweet potato fries, and they were fantastic! Not the frozen kind, either, clearly hand cut there, and fried and topped with sea salt. One of my friends has some kind of burger that was almost as big as his head (sorry, don't remember which one), and my other friend had the Hillbilly thingys-little circles of pork barbeque, encircled with pastry, I believe, and topped with cole slaw. Shoestring fries sat in the middle of this dish of about 6 little portions of pork. The presentation was beautiful, and he absolutely loved it!

The table next to us had milkshakes, and I have never seen such delicious looking milkshakes in my life! One had graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate syrup, and the other had fresh strawberries. I could never, ever consume more than 1/4-1/3 of these alone, so I am dying to go with someone who will share a s'mores milkshake with me.

I'd go again, and next time, I want to try some of the bento boxes. I am not a burger lover, and I can't stand sushi, but they had California rolls and some other interesting concoctions that sounded good. And maybe I'll try an alcoholic beverage too!

Only restaurant in the new phase of CityWalk venues that I thought was actually noteworthy. Great food, great beer selection, and definitely unique. Left a lot less to be desired than the other new places. Definitely recommend Burgushi!

We ate here again for a late lunch/early dinner. We have loved our meals the two times we have eaten here. We started off with some sushi by getting a king roll as an appetizer. We had started on it before I thought of snapping a photo. The wife and I enjoyed this.

For our meals, we went to the burgushi (or whatever they call the non-sushi rolls). My wife had the filet which she loved (she did make some changes as she wanted a different sauce and she left something off like bacon or something)

Me, I tried the Fancy Hillbilly...wow, this was so tasty!! I couldn't finish it but it was such a great mix of flavors and such a nice presentation. We really do dig this place!

What is that orange stuff on the beef? It looks like (or is intended to) fish roe.

filet_zpstnvauywy.jpg

Anyone know what the present hours for Cowfish are? I keep meaning to stop there, but we end up forgetting. Wanting to catch it this trip.....Any food recommendations?

Anyone know what the present hours for Cowfish are? I keep meaning to stop there, but we end up forgetting. Wanting to catch it this trip.....Any food recommendations?

From the UO Website:

Monday–Thursday: 11 am–11 pm
Friday–Saturday: 11 am–midnight
Sunday: 11 am–11 pm
(hours subject to change)

This just reminded me.

I've heard rumors that the food at Cowfish has gone downhill since opening. Any truth to this?
Someone here, I think it was Joe, said Universal took over management due to poor service. I'd be interested if anyone here has eaten there in the past year, and their opinion of the food.

Someone here, I think it was Joe, said Universal took over management due to poor service. I'd be interested if anyone here has eaten there in the past year, and their opinion of the food.

We ate at Cowfish in October and all enjoyed our meals. I got the bbq burgushi, my wife had the sashimi plate, my friend had a bento box, and my other friend had a burger. Good portions, good pricing, and we thought the quality was good. That being said, it was our first time there, so I have no basis for comparison.

We ate at Cowfish in October and all enjoyed our meals. I got the bbq burgushi, my wife had the sashimi plate, my friend had a bento box, and my other friend had a burger. Good portions, good pricing, and we thought the quality was good. That being said, it was our first time there, so I have no basis for comparison.
Thanks much. That's helpful.