Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Crypt TV

Is it just me or does the main actress in the LookSee ones look like Julie Kavner? (I’m watching the hhn playlist)

I'm not gonna lie - outside of Sunny Family Cult, CryptTV is doing nothing for me, and I really want to like it. It'll make a dope scarezone though.

Really interested to see how this zone works out, seems like the mix of props being far out into the walk space, stages for guest to stop and watch, and guest just moving through a scare zone are going to create even more of a bottleneck than San Francisco usually gets right?

A little disappointing to see it being a pure photo-op. At least the Klowns in 28 attempted scares, I only saw some of the cult members try to do anything but stand there. Costumes and sets are neat but could be so much more.

This has to be the worst scare zone in the history of the event. They really should just list it on the map as a Selfie Spot.

Was the aggressor from The Door In The Woods ever there/is there a cast change moment where different characters come out? I thought it was interesting that the “hero” of that show was chosen.

I never saw NightMaze, but I do think Altars of Horror commits to the bit slightly more than this zone does. I mean, at least you get Scareactors on the streets that are able to spook Shrek queue and have mobility, and the characters are ones you really want to see because they are house-centric. I know your mileage may vary on this show, but I hardly ever saw people taking pictures here.

I imagine the reason they can’t leave the stages is because their “triggers” are tied to musical cues rather than, I think, being foot-pedal triggers, though I could be wrong.

I imagine it could be quite demoralizing to be in this zone, considering that only the LookSee and the one cultist are actually able to get off their box and scare.The actors were really embodying their role and trying their best (and the costumes are spectacular), but they looked like sad animals in cages pacing back and forth, unable to really get out at any point.

I don’t think it’s hyperbole to say this could be one’s least favorite zone of all time, but I have to admit that each of the characters is doing their absolute best with the very limited amount of scare-power they are given. Big shout-out to the monsters especially, who really have to act as they do on-screen due to the amount of inspection they have to endure.

Last edited:
I made a day trip up yesterday to visit for the first time, enjoy the food and walk around. I walked through this zone easily about 4 times and the entire zone was absolutely dead each and every time. Agreed with what was said above, great set pieces in this zone but probably worst ever I've been through. Hopefully it's better next weekend.

well....any zone is better than no zone. 2007 always taught me that. even if i complain about any zone, a bad zone is better than nothing, Simpsons area proves this.

but having said that, this area is more like a display area. is basically like a promotional show display area.
it reminds me of Cirque Du Freak, but Cirque du freak had minions and evil vampires while this doesnt. it is definitely missing minions. the stages are nice and the creatures are cool, but its tame. i dont hate this zone, but compared to rob zombie in 2019, it hurts this area a lot. rob zombie showed how incredible this area can turn out and it still had stages. this zone is very passive, its not loud too. its kinda comfy

this zone is still better than nothing, (imagine this area empty... not bueno) it really is just missing victims or minions or something. Crypt tv would have worked better as a house.
they should have made a chucky zone in here...

HHN 28 had the right idea... use this area as a chainsaw hoard and have a main zone be over across from Transformers (where Klownz was). This street gets pretty busy during day hours because of how tight it is here. Add in props that make a tight walkway even more of a squeeze and it's just a recipe for disaster.

HHN 28 had the right idea... use this area as a chainsaw hoard and have a main zone be over across from Transformers (where Klownz was). This street gets pretty busy during day hours because of how tight it is here. Add in props that make a tight walkway even more of a squeeze and it's just a recipe for disaster.

is the area in front of transformers smaller than this area? are they equal length?

is the area in front of transformers smaller than this area? are they equal length?
It's slightly bigger. It's also off the main path (assuming guest are walking a circle around the park), so it forces guests to divert if they want to see it and those that are passing through San Fran can do so without being squeezed due to the scarezone. The zone was extremely tight tonight and actors weren't even on set, it's just an incredibly tight walkway, especially with huge props/stages placed there creating an arguably worse choke point than the Terra Queen does.

Like I said, I like the idea of going back to Chainsaws in this area, so there'd still be a bit of something here, but there'd be more room for everyone to walk.

I agree that this area felt super tight walking through and it was a constant stop and go through it. Walking through where Klownz was and around just felt so empty and the same goes for Simpsons.

It's slightly bigger. It's also off the main path (assuming guest are walking a circle around the park), so it forces guests to divert if they want to see it and those that are passing through San Fran can do so without being squeezed due to the scarezone. The zone was extremely tight tonight and actors weren't even on set, it's just an incredibly tight walkway, especially with huge props/stages placed there creating an arguably worse choke point than the Terra Queen does.

Like I said, I like the idea of going back to Chainsaws in this area, so there'd still be a bit of something here, but there'd be more room for everyone to walk.
I agree in theory, but in practice we now have the lagoon show which uses those buildings for projections. People already complain about the lagoon show ruining the ambiance of Terra Cruentes, imagine how they would complain when the show is actually happening all around them

I agree in theory, but in practice we now have the lagoon show which uses those buildings for projections. People already complain about the lagoon show ruining the ambiance of Terra Cruentes, imagine how they would complain when the show is actually happening all around them

ok....yeah that would be pretty bad lol.

ok....yeah that would be pretty bad lol.
It would suck for the actors too

That being said, I don't love the San Fran location for zones and haven't since HHN 25. If I can avoid walking that way, I do.

This year, I remember seeing videos of them setting up the props around San Fran and all I could think was "bottleneck"

It would suck for the actors too

That being said, I don't love the San Fran location for zones and haven't since HHN 25. If I can avoid walking that way, I do.

This year, I remember seeing videos of them setting up the props around San Fran and all I could think was "bottleneck"
It makes no sense why they creep so far up on the walkway to create the bottleneck when there's quite a bit of space to push back some of the props more towards the F&F exit.