D23 Expo 2022 - News & Rumors | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2022 - News & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
@Nick thanks for all of the updates today!
Thankfully the Parks panel is being live streamed by Disney tomorrow so no need to constantly search through twitter to see what's going on.

Hulk might not be on the planet, lol

I hope so to but who knows
I feel like if Hulk was going to be in the movie, he would've came out with the cast today, but maybe he just won't have a huge role?

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Thankfully the Parks panel is being live streamed by Disney tomorrow so no need to constantly search through twitter to see what's going on.
If only Disney has Twitter, lol

I joke but do wish they paid someone to do live updates

I don't mind not getting a cast for F4. It's a movie that's still awhile away from starting filming and they may still be working out contracts for the cast.

What I am a bit disappointed in is absolutely no mention of Deadpool 3 at all, no mention of Blade (which supposedly comes out next October), and no mention of X-Men.

Here's a quick summary though of everything that happened during the Marvel portion:

Reactions: Nico and belloq87
I mean this event is what Comic Con should have been, lol

It was great for what it was and the Wolfman trailer...looks really dam fun. 7/10 for Marvel and Star Wars....good but mostly things you've already talked about
8/10 for The Disney/Pixar animated stuff it all looks exciting except for Inside out 2...because of how they are treating the other actors

I mean this event is what Comic Con should have been, lol

It was great for what it was and the Wolfman trailer...looks really dam fun. 7/10 for Marvel and Star Wars....good but mostly things you've already talked about
8/10 for The Disney/Pixar animated stuff it all looks exciting except for Inside out 2...because of how they are treating the other actors
Yeah, it's not like this was a bad panel, it's that it has the burden of having to follow up and be compared to Marvel's SDCC panel earlier this summer.

Tbh, i'm surprised Disney let Marvel announce that much at SDCC. Imagine how hyped people would be had they only saved the two Avengers announcements and Thunderbolts for D23 instead of at SDCC. No one would care that they didn't announce a F4 cast or anything Deadpool, etc. I remember it was either 2017 or 2019 that Disney actually skipped SDCC altogether so that they could make D23 more exciting.

Reactions: Jerroddragon

I have solid hope for this show, especially with Walker Scobell (The Adam Project) in the lead role.

This will probably be absolute crap:

This show looks a lot better than expected. December 14th release.

87C1A42B-B712-4E74-8EC8-7EBDF0DB4B6A.jpeg

Was going to post this in the, why we can’t have nice things thread

anyway this comment was under the announcement trailer for Warewolf by night
The show looks amazing but Karen’s out there can’t have any fun

Meanwhile, I couldn't be more excited for WEREWOLF BY NIGHT!
Sane looking interesting and dark
But some people just want colorful, happy and predictable
I'm looking forward to Werewolf By Night as well, definitely looks different and like campy fun. My question is if this will be canon to the MCU in a way where we will see Werewolf By Night and Man-Thing again after this "Marvel Studios Special Presentation" (which is how they are referring to the special) or is this more of a one-off? I wouldn't mind a one-off at all, but I can't help but to wonder.

Reactions: belloq87
Here's the link to live stream the parks panel tomorrow. Panel is at 10:30a PST (1:30p EST).

Meh. All of these movie announcements are mid.....actually, Werewolf by Night looks pretty dope. Everything else is meh.

Just gimmie my People Mover announcement.
I mean, how much could you really expect when Disney blew their load at SDCC this summer? I thought LucasFilm had a strong 75 minutes, but at the same time, it was notable that no Star Wars theatrical movie was talked about. Not Rogue Squadron, not the Feige project, not the Taika Waititi project, and not the supposed Rian Johnson project.

Most of those are probably simply not going to happen, although the Rogue Squadron concept is a good one. Tbh, after Thor 4, I don't even want a Taika Waititi SW project. I'd still be interested in Rian's project, however (given I loved TLJ, but acknowledge it doesn't fit well within the trilogy because it closed too many plot lines going into Ep 9).

I think it also needs to be noted that they were playing to the crowd in the room and not anyone else. If you were in that room, what you saw was a great panel with the casts of almost every upcoming LucasFilm and Marvel project and they were shown a ton of content that we didn't get to see at home. I do think that they should livestream these panels though on Disney+ or even give an up-charge option to watch a panel like that the Marvel/LucasFilm one. I know i'd pay (just as I have said I would with Hall H panels at SDCC) a reasonable price if I was guaranteed to be able to watch it and it would be an added revenue stream as well.

I'd temper your expectations on a People Mover announcement. If it actually happens i'll be extremely surprised.

Reactions: belloq87
Catching up with the Parks Panel. Some thoughts:

Part One:
  • HOLY CRAP HEA IS COMING BACK!
  • New Pixar show at WDSP... meh, but it's something the park needs.
  • Mando and Grogu to Disneyland SWGE. Awesome for DL, but once again, like with Boba Fett and Fennec Shand as well, WDW gets stiffed.
  • Hulk walk around character... it's cool, but also the way he walks is weird af and the mask (while necessary to make him speak), looks really goofy.
  • Avengers Campus Multiverse E-ticket... intentionally vague. Basically promising a bunch of characters and King Thanos as the villain, but saying nothing about the actual ride. The ride vehicle looks an awful lot like the scoop ride vehicle for Spidey at IOA and Transformers. Also seems they didn't want to commit to anything as they're probably still in early development.
  • Pacific Wharf turning into San Fransokyo - what a wild and out of the blue announcement. Also very vague. I'm all for it though I guess as long as they keep the bread bowls.
  • Pixar Place Hotel - looks fine.
  • New additions to DTD actually look really good. Definitely improves the area as a whole.
  • Tiana's Bayou Adventure - lol at them talking about using mist/lighting as if they just discovered it. They mostly said a whole lot of nothing. Waste of time even talking about it if this was what they were going to say. Insane amount of filler when you add in the two songs performed by Anika Noni Rose, too.

Reactions: UNIrd and belloq87
Its funny how PM would have been the best thing from this panel if it was announced, lol

We didn't even get confirmation on what the Treehouse is going to be rethemed as...lol

Reactions: Freak
Part 2:
  • LOL, they're already replacing Harmonious. I'm not gonna complain, but we already know the barges are staying though. They spent too much money.
  • Holy hell, LATE 2023 for Journey of Water? What the hell are we even doing?
  • Figment is back as a M&G character so that's nice, but it was a big fake out of an Imagination re-do. Missed opportunity.
  • Hatbox Ghost coming to WDW Haunted Mansion. Awesome.
  • Tron Lightcycle/Run not until Spring 2023. This is really unacceptable. I get they want a 2023 attraction, but it could easily open this year.
  • Disney Treasure is actually a good name for their new ship. It looks like pretty much any other DCL ship though, especially the Wish. I am looking forward to Lighthouse Point though.
  • Zootopia looks interesting. Vague talk about the land, but I liked the concept art and the AA they showed off so we'll see.
  • Duffy stuff.... could not care less. Stop trying to make Duffy a thing outside of Asia. It didn't work the first time, what makes them think it'll work this time?
  • Tangled ride coming to WDSP. Might be the rumored carousel? Not expecting much.
  • All of the Frozen areas at all the international areas are putting what Florida got to shame, but once again Tokyo Disney Sea is the clear winner.
  • New Tokyo DL Space Mountain continues to look amazing.