Dead Exposure: Death Valley (HHN 2024) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Dead Exposure: Death Valley (HHN 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Occam's razor, guys. I'm guessing that suit was just too much.
That was my guess. I've done DE 3 times now and did not see the gorilla once. If I had to speculate, they either didn't have a tag out from the start, or the tag out was overwhelmed by the suit and the heat very early on, and it was probably recognized shortly after by supervisors or whoever that the suit for the remaining performer was unworkable in the heat as well, despite them managing to persist for week 1.

I remember hearing back in 2018 that a bunch of Demogorgons were passing out in the break room from how not breathable those suits were, and I've had a friend recall a few years back a very similar issue in Origins over at Knotts where one tag out for the Catawampus switched roles very early on due to how cumbersome that suit was, and the other tag out did shortly after that, requiring them to recast mid-season and only have 1 catawampus the rest of the year.
Big creature suits are hard as heck to work in let alone in these conditions.