Dead Exposure: Death Valley (HHN 2024) | Inside Universal Forums

Dead Exposure: Death Valley (HHN 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 29, 2022
"A secret lab’s attempts to create super soldiers takes a turn for the worse, creating radioactive zombies who escape just as you arrive!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Dead Exposure DV.png

Dead Exposure HHN18 was hearlded as one of the scariest houses they have ever made in Orlando due to the space they had it in combined with the techniques if they did. If Murdy's gonna take a story approach to this combined with making it as intense as it can; I think we are in for a hell of a treat.

From the art, sounds, announcement, and logo, it feels like a KSF maze from 2010. I don't know if the desert location will necessarily hinder or enhance the experience, but my gut feeling is that most of the event is at night so...? I feel like there's been other desert IPs that Creative has always thwarted simply because it is the desert. Hills Have Eyes anyone? I know it's the second announcement, but I see this low on my ranking. I had hype for the original properties, but something about this doesn't click for me. Seems like a last minute scramble replacement for something else, but fairly certian this was baked in.

I'm not trying to talk smack, I'm just trying to be matter of fact lol

Reactions: chris.g
I think being a simple zombie maze means they can really hone in on the scares and grotesque atmosphere, it'll be fun regardless. It would be a real shame if there wasn't some usage of the blacklight strobe effect, which is the entire gimmick the Orlando mazes hinged upon.

From the art, sounds, announcement, and logo, it feels like a KSF maze from 2010. I don't know if the desert location will necessarily hinder or enhance the experience, but my gut feeling is that most of the event is at night so...? I feel like there's been other desert IPs that Creative has always thwarted simply because it is the desert. Hills Have Eyes anyone? I know it's the second announcement, but I see this low on my ranking. I had hype for the original properties, but something about this doesn't click for me. Seems like a last minute scramble replacement for something else, but fairly certian this was baked in.

I'm not trying to talk smack, I'm just trying to be matter of fact lol
I think the nuclear blast, exposed brain and military setting is making people think cheesy. Idk, I'm intrigued though. If the facade is any indication, they're at least spending money here.

I think being a simple zombie maze means they can really hone in on the scares and grotesque atmosphere, it'll be fun regardless. It would be a real shame if there wasn't some usage of the blacklight strobe effect, which is the entire gimmick the Orlando mazes hinged upon.
Reminds me when they did a 'simple clown maze" literally just called Clowns -- easily one of the worst HHN mazes I've ever been through.

I agree with the sentiment that this seems a bit cheesy. Even after reading the tweets, I'm still not sold. Here's to hoping the rest of the announcements really go for the jugular because the first two are lackluster.

Reminds me when they did a 'simple clown maze" literally just called Clowns -- easily one of the worst HHN mazes I've ever been through.

I agree with the sentiment that this seems a bit cheesy. Even after reading the tweets, I'm still not sold. Here's to hoping the rest of the announcements really go for the jugular because the first two are lackluster.
What announcements would you like to hear that would make you do backflips?

I think it 100% makes sense theyre taking a more lab-experiment and nuclear focused look at this given covid really isn't *that* far out of the public consciousness at this point, so I can get down with that.
My big hope is that we still retain some of the camera flash/temporary blindness stuff that the orlando iterations had, thats whats always set apart Dead Exposure from just being any other zombie maze to me so I do feel that that could kinda be a make or break for me.
That said, very glad I and others were super wrong about it being toxic tunnel lmao, getting actual sequels to orlando concepts on top of getting orlando concepts at all is very much preferable to me.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Im assuming the strobe/ blacklight photo effect (that the name literally references) is not a part of this as it hasn’t really been mentioned and is a pretty unique feature not to speak on if it was present.