Design-A-HHN Event | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Design-A-HHN Event

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know this isn't really Universal's thing, but a couple of houses based on video games (both real and fictitious) would be pretty cool. Horror games such as Dead Space, perhaps? I dunno, just pretty much thinking out loud here.

so this forums...dead. so im gonna revive it with the weirdest house idea i ever did,a house themed to black Friday. basically it’s a typical convenience store during black Friday, you’re shopping there but a lightning struck the place making all of the objects become sentient and hostile, oh and every customer besides you are insane, good luck.

title - [ i honestly can't think of a good title, so maybe you guys can come up with one.]

location - soundstage 24

Facade - a basic store with various tents set up, multiple people with broken bottles will sometimes jump out of the tent, there will be mirrors on the wall to make the building look bigger.

Scene 1 - pharmacy - the room will look disgusting, with multiple snot and vomit stains on a couple of the seats and walls, hinting that multiple sick people are here. a man will come out from behind a shelf, he looks sick and has sunken eyes and a couple of vomit stains on his shirt, he will then sneeze [ water effect through the mask ] on you.

Scene 2 - garden equipment - you can see multiple tools are on the ground now, you notice that a employee is being chewed up by a haunted lawnmower, [ effect will be on the table so the performer can hide their legs, and there will be a water spray effect ] a man with a rake will then scare you into the next room.

Scene 3 - electronics/tvs - there will be multiple tvs playing static on the walls, some tvs will have secret doors for multiple insane customers to jump out of,

Scene 4 - toys - you notice that surprisingly there’s only a few toys on the shelves. maybe they were already brought, nope they're actually possessed and active. a man with a demonic teddy bear biting on his arm and a small killer cabbage patch kids doll will pop out from behind the shelves.

Scene 5 - grocery section - you see that most of the fruits on the shelves are empty, you can also hear some strange rustling behind some shelves, you turn a corner and you find yourself in the middle of a human fruit and meat making process, people's bones getting stretched and broken, removing their brain and other bone fragments, as you are distracted by this a man with a tomato biting on his nose jumps out behind you.

Scene 6 - checkout line - now it’s a mess, multiple customers reaching behind the candy shelf, multiple sugar high kids from the candy jump out from under the table, and you notice an employee smashing a mans head into a checkout counter. as you exit the maze a horde of black Friday shoppers [ animatronics that are wheeled back and forth ] will rush towards you.

I had this idea for the past week but I felt like showing all y'all and getting your thoughts, but I designed an original house called "The Awoken: Decay and Destruction."
Link: The Awoken: Decay and Destruction

Please let me know what you all think, this is my first house design!
That was really fun; I've definitely always wanted a meta house like that! The idea the black goo is filling them up and choking them from the inside is a horrifying visual...I love it, haha

Since my last post on this forum I've been working on an event that I've called "HomemadeHHN." Like HHN, this event features 10 houses, 5 scarezones, 2 shows, and a brand new icon!
I used the RIP Tour's map layout to design my own map for the event: HomemadeHHNMap.png

It will feature 5 IP houses, 5 Original houses, and 5 scarezones.

Here's a rundown of the event:

ICON: EVORSOR

Evorsor is a demon of corruption that has been trapped for years and stored in the Universal Prop Warehouses. One night, while transporting stuff by SoundStage 24, a cart of props that happened to be holding Evorsor’s container was knocked over and Evorsor was released from his prison. He escaped into the SoundStage and took over the haunted house built inside, corrupting the actors, staff, and house itself to serve him and attack the guests. He later escapes the house and takes over the New York scarezone, once again corrupting the actors to serve him, with plans to take over the rest of the park. Everything looks bleak until Legendary Truth shows up. They ask for parkgoers to help them by walking around the park looking for clues in the other various scarezones to defeat Evorsor (which will be completed via the Universal App). On the final night of the event, a member of Legendary Truth is able to use all the guests’ help to capture the demon. “We did it to Fear, we can do it to you too!” she screams as she traps him back into his prop. They take Evorsor back to the Legendary Truth headquarters for safekeeping.

The Houses (Originals):

Animated Terror - Step into a world where children’s cartoons go violently wrong. In this world the supervillain prevails, animals go feral, and demons and ghosts aren’t just people in masks.

The Awoken: Decay and Destruction - The demon of corruption, Evorsor, has been released from his prison and has taken over Soundstage 24’s haunted maze, which was supposed to be a zombie apocalypse set in the 1950s. Not even the house, the actors, or the staff are safe from Evorsor’s corruptive properties.

The Seven Deadly Sins - The seven deadly sins have attacked a city after a group of cultists bring them into reality. Can you survive their influence as you roam around the city that has been plunged into deadly chaos?

Pantocrime: Last Bow - At Madame Blanchet University, a school for the performing arts in France, the headmistress decided to teach her students the art of Pantomime...by making sure they never speak again.

Slaughter Sinema: Double Feature - A direct sequel to Slaughter Sinema, with all new movies! Can you survive the wrath of a child’s forgotten toys, a radioactive pet shop, or a group of murderous furries?

THE SCAREZONES:

Antique Boneyard - Carey’s Antique Boneyard is infamous for being where families go to dump old artifacts they find no use for. However, these item’s long history on earth has almost given them a life of their own.

The Awoken: Overlord - Evorsor has escaped and has taken over the New York located scarezone: Vamp ‘75. Scareactors stumble around as their minds are corrupted by the demon, and their only hope is a group of paranormal investigators that have arrived on the scene...and just might need your help. (This zone includes a park-wide scavenger hunt done on the Universal App to help Legendary Truth take down Evorsor, which happens the final night of the event)

American Crypt - We’ve all heard the legends of Mothman, Bigfoot, and cow-abducting aliens and this roadside tourist trap claims to have evidence of all of them...that is, until they break free from their cages and escape into the streets outside.

Sinister Swamp - A group of poachers invade a Florida swamp looking to find an animal to take home as a new prized possession. The Swamp Goddess, Dilius, protects the animals by mutating them into terrifying and violent monsters, willing to attack everything in sight, even you.

Carnival Graveyard: Golden Years - Sal’s Funtime Carnival used to be one of the most beloved attractions, drawing in guests from around the state. That is, until one fateful night in 1976. Nobody knows what happened, but rumour is that a group of rowdy teens caused the carnies to finally snap. However, the truth is much darker than that... Carnival Graveyard: Golden Years invites you to come and experience what really happened on the night that ruined Sal’s Funtime Carnival.

Here are the links to the houses and scarezones currently finished:
Coraline
Shaun of the Dead (This house is currently being reworked)
The Awoken: Decay and Destruction (This house is currently being reworked)
Slaughter Sinema: Double Feature (This house has some unfinished dialogue)
Pantocrime: Last Bow
Sinister Swamp

Let me know your thoughts on this! I've put quite a bit of work into this and I know it has a ways to go but I'm gonna keep at it until this thing is the ultimate HHN event. Let me know your suggestions, any changes, etc. If you wanna help, feel free to! A whole HHN event is too much for just one person.

Last edited:
Since my last post on this forum I've been working on an event that I've called "HomemadeHHN." Like HHN, this event features 10 houses, 5 scarezones, 2 shows, and a brand new icon!
I used the RIP Tour's map layout to design my own map for the event: View attachment 14327

Evorsor is a demon of corruption that has been trapped for years and stored in the Universal Prop Warehouses. One night, while transporting stuff by SoundStage 24, a cart of props that happened to be holding Evorsor’s container was knocked over and Evorsor was released from his prison. He escaped into the SoundStage and took over the haunted house built inside, corrupting the actors, staff, and house itself to serve him and attack the guests. He later escapes the house and takes over the New York scarezone, once again corrupting the actors to serve him, with plans to take over the rest of the park. Everything looks bleak until Legendary Truth shows up. They ask for parkgoers to help them by walking around the park looking for clues in the other various scarezones to defeat Evorsor (which will be completed via the Universal App). On the final night of the event, a member of Legendary Truth is able to use all the guests’ help to capture the demon. “We did it to Fear, we can do it to you too!” she screams as she traps him back into his prop. They take Evorsor back to the Legendary Truth headquarters for safekeeping.

The Houses (Originals):

Animated Terror - Step into a world where children’s cartoons go violently wrong. In this world the supervillain prevails, animals go feral, and demons and ghosts aren’t just people in masks.

The Awoken: Decay and Destruction - The demon of corruption, Evorsor, has been released from his prison and has taken over Soundstage 24’s haunted maze, which was supposed to be a zombie apocalypse set in the 1950s. Not even the house, the actors, or the staff are safe from Evorsor’s corruptive properties.

The Seven Deadly Sins - The seven deadly sins have attacked a city after a group of cultists bring them into reality. Can you survive their influence as you roam around the city that has been plunged into deadly chaos?

Pantocrime: Last Bow - At Madame Blanchet University, a school for the performing arts in France, the headmistress decided to teach her students the art of Pantomime...by making sure they never speak again.

Slaughter Sinema: Double Feature - A direct sequel to Slaughter Sinema, with all new movies! Can you survive the wrath of a child’s forgotten toys, a radioactive pet shop, or a group of murderous furries?

THE SCAREZONES:

Antique Boneyard - Carey’s Antique Boneyard is infamous for being where families go to dump old artifacts they find no use for. However, these item’s long history on earth has almost given them a life of their own.

The Awoken: Overlord - Evorsor has escaped and has taken over the New York located scarezone: Vamp ‘75. Scareactors stumble around as their minds are corrupted by the demon, and their only hope is a group of paranormal investigators that have arrived on the scene...and just might need your help. (This zone includes a park-wide scavenger hunt done on the Universal App to help Legendary Truth take down Evorsor, which happens the final night of the event)

American Crypt - We’ve all heard the legends of Mothman, Bigfoot, and cow-abducting aliens and this roadside tourist trap claims to have evidence of all of them...that is, until they break free from their cages and escape into the streets outside.

Sinister Swamp - A group of poachers invade a Florida swamp looking to find an animal to take home as a new prized possession. The Swamp Goddess, Dilius, protects the animals by mutating them into terrifying and violent monsters, willing to attack everything in sight, even you.

Carnival Graveyard: Golden Years - Sal’s Funtime Carnival used to be one of the most beloved attractions, drawing in guests from around the state. That is, until one fateful night in 1976. Nobody knows what happened, but rumour is that a group of rowdy teens caused the carnies to finally snap. However, the truth is much darker than that... Carnival Graveyard: Golden Years invites you to come and experience what really happened on the night that ruined Sal’s Funtime Carnival.

Coraline
Sinister Swamp

Let me know your thoughts on this! I've put quite a bit of work into this and I know it has a ways to go but I'm gonna keep at it until this thing is the ultimate HHN event. Let me know your suggestions, any changes, etc. If you wanna help, feel free to! A whole HHN event is too much for just one person.
The Mist (Black and White version) is in my top horror films...would LOVE to see it as a house someday

Reactions: PlatinumFate
The Mist (Black and White version) is in my top horror films...would LOVE to see it as a house someday
Thanks! I was going to base it off the color version but I think it'd be pretty damn cool to have one section of the house be in black and white, since that is such a cool feature of the film. Thanks for your interest man, I'll try my best to do the movie justice!

Thanks! I was going to base it off the color version but I think it'd be pretty damn cool to have one section of the house be in black and white, since that is such a cool feature of the film. Thanks for your interest man, I'll try my best to do the movie justice!
I'm interested to see your write up about it...I love seeing what sticks out in people's minds when they watch a film I also enjoy

As long as there are no spiders...they scare the piss out of me and that scene legitimately unnerved me lol

I'm interested to see your write up about it...I love seeing what sticks out in people's minds when they watch a film I also enjoy

As long as there are no spiders...they scare the piss out of me and that scene legitimately unnerved me lol
Well, I can't promise no spiders lol but I'm with you on how unnerving that scene was. Spiders and insects scare the hell out of me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: shiekra38
Hey, there. It's cool to see the passion for Halloween Horror Nights that's here, so I thought I'd start this thread as a space for any of us to share ideas for HHN houses or scare zones. Whether it's something as simple as a logline description or a full write-up going through a house, this can be a space for us to share our ideas.

For instance, on a previous forum, I had thought about some ideas for sequels or reimaginings to earlier houses. The thought came back to me with HHN 30 on the way, so I figured I'd throw out some of these ideas to kick this thread off.

Night of the Atomic Creatures!
Tear open the pages of AtomiComics’s latest issue, for a spine-tingling tale of nuclear monstrosities! Radiation from the local nuclear plant has mutated some of the local wildlife, transforming once tiny creepy-crawlers into massive mutants, hellbent on feasting from human flesh beneath the green glow of the atomic reactors!

Frightanic: Port of No Return
Out on the Pacific Ocean lies the Port of No Return, a stretch of sea where ships are said to vanish. A horrible storm has diverted the path of your cruise liner, sending you to this cursed patch of ocean. Now, ghosts from previous wrecks seek to drag you and all the other passengers down to a watery grave.

Hotel Hell: Open for Business
Once a crumbling hotel in New York City, the Guignol has been restored to its Art Deco glory by the new management. However, the management now has an exclusive policy for its wealthiest guests, giving them the chance to hunt and torture unsuspecting patrons. Once you check in, there's no checking out.

Terror Underground: End of the Line
A recent earthquake has done some serious damage to the H Line subway track, and you have been sent down to help inspect the damage. Unfortunately, there’s more than just rubble and fissures to worry about. The damage has cracked open a portal to the depths of Hell, and lurking demons seek to bring you to the end of the line.

Reactions: shiekra38
So, I had an idea about a potential house. This may be a bit of a more out-there idea, but you know what old story I could see given a more horror-centric spin for a house? A Christmas Carol. I mean, it already is a ghost story and concerns the idea of these ghosts basically scaring Ebenezer Scrooge into being a good person, not to mention elements like Jacob Marley's haunting early on. It's not too hard to see how it could be further heightened for an HHN house. I've got some rough ideas, so sorry if this is a little thin.

Scrooge: A Christmas Nightmare
On a cold Christmas Eve, follow Ebenezer Scrooge as he faces his reckoning at the hands of three Ghosts of Christmas. Over the course of one night, he will face his pains of the past, his sins of the present...and a dark fate yet to come.

The façade would be the ominous manor of Ebenezer Scrooge, its dark atmosphere heightened by nearby Christmas decorations just off of the property. In this dark manor, we'd find Scrooge as he is being haunted by Jacob Marley, the ghost's jaw loosened as he warns that there will be three ghosts coming for him. Navigating his web of chains, we'd encounter the Ghost of Christmas Past, looking like an ethereal glowing spirit. She directs us into the past, finding a young Scrooge tormented by a schoolteacher during Christmas. We follow that with a business office, where Scrooge (as a young man) fiercely protects his stacks of coins as Belle cries in sorrow.

We go through a backroom of the office, as the large and imposing Ghost of Christmas Present bellows at us with a taunting laugh. He directs us through a doorway into a dreary street, passing by beggars hoping for some coin for Christmas. The dreariness continues as we pass through one run-down house, where Bob Cratchit sits in sorrow and Tiny Tim is plagued by a sickly cough. The scene distracts us for a moment, as we enter a dark chamber besieged by two human-like ghouls: Ignorance and Want. The Ghost of Christmas Present warns us of them, as we leave the room and find ourselves in a graveyard.

The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come (an imposing figure in black cloak with skeletal head) glares at us, pointing a bony finger to guide the way. We find Scrooge in terror as he stands before his own gravestone, the ground distorted and risen up for us to walk into the grave. Inside is a hellish scene, as demonic versions of Belle and Bob Cratchit wrap Scrooge in chains and taunt us. We manage to escape, finding ourselves in an insane asylum. Scrooge is here, thoroughly a changed man as he yells "God bless us, everyone!" with a mind that is broken. Leaving the raving old man behind, we head down the hallway towards the house's exit, given one last scare by Jacob Marley who warns us to remember this lesson.

I used the RIP Tour's map layout to design my own map for the event: View attachment 14327

The Houses (Originals):

THE SCAREZONES:

Coraline
Sinister Swamp

This looks really cool! I can't wait to see how it all looks in the end, especially Little Shop of Horrors and Animated Terror.

This looks really cool! I can't wait to see how it all looks in the end, especially Little Shop of Horrors and Animated Terror.
Thank you a ton!! I'm currently working on The Awoken scarezone, The Mist, and Seven Deadly Sins. Animated Terror is currently being outlined though and I'm saving Little Shop of Horrors for last lol. I'll post them in here once they're done!

Reactions: ShapeOfMysers
I apologize for the double post in here but I wanted to go over some of the specifics of the original houses I’m designing for my event as I think it’d be fun to show of some of the new stuff I’m trying out

Seven Deadly Sins: SDS is going to be a maze in SS25 and what’s so cool about this maze is that, as the plot is that the seven deadly sins infest different buildings in a town and you walk in and out each one, the maze will have a central mini-scarezone that serves as a hub that you will exit each area into and enter the other areas from (guests will still follow a path, but they’ll be able to see the entire set, the other buildings to come, and other guests walking through). Scareactors in this area will have free reign to walk around the whole hub.

Animated Terror: AT is a case study entirely on makeup, set design, and lighting. I want to use these tactics to give the actors and environments a 2 1/2D vibe to it. There will be cutouts, animatronics, actors, etc. each with unique art and makeup to make their appearance seem both 2D and 3D at the same time. (No 3D glasses though lol)

The Awoken: A meta house. The plot of this house takes place in a HHN house, where a demon has infested it. This leads to a scarezone outside that is also meta. It is going to have a parkwide scavenger hunt where you search for clues (Think the Kim Possible/Phineas and Ferb thing in EPCOT)

Slaughter Sinema 2: Located in the New Parade Building. It’s going to be huge, impressive, and all around gorgeous. And like the original, it ends with you being chased through the forest by fluffy creatures. However, it has a full indoor facade and a clear ending where you escape the movies and exit through the concession area.

Pantocrime: This is going to to be entirely in Greyscale with the exception of blood. It will be a very narrative house while keeping a focus on the visual beauty and horror.

A lot of the scarezones (except The Awoken) will be about what you expect from scarezones.

American Crypt, Antique Boneyard, and Sinister Swamp will all be your classic creatures, monsters, and other horrors stalking you around the Plaza, Central Park, and San Francisco.

Carnival Graveyard’s scarezone will be interesting because it’s my take on the backstory of the carnival. I don’t know the official backstory to it so I made it up and it ain’t half bad. Probably the hardest scarezone for me to design thus far.

There will be two shows: A lagoon show (of course) and a Carnival of Carnage style show featuring the one and only Paulo Ravinski! (and of course some audience participation. After all, every film needs a director’s assistant.)

Biggest update of all!!!
I now have a trio of people helping out with HomemadeHHN! We hope to have it complete in a year or two (who knew designing a full HHN event on top of maintaining schoolwork and jobs would be hard lol). I’m going to hopefully start a podcast or YouTube channel this Summer documenting the progress, processes, and further information about this fanmade event.

Shoot me a message if you wanna get involved, we’ll need the help lol. But other than that, stay tuned because The Mist is getting closer to completing with every day!

Last edited:
I got bored and decided to make a Internet themed hhn event, where each house is themed to a certain online thing.
A. Crypt tv
B. Creepypasta (no Jeff or any of the jacks, just classic spooks)
C. Don’t hug me I’m scared
D. Scp
E. Cyanide and happiness (dark comedy maze)
F. Deep web into the void (experiments, red rooms, cannibals, standard deep web stuff)
G. Dead Meat: Golden Chainsaw (sorta similar to holidays of horror with James hosting various displays of the golden chainsaw kills. Basically the gore house. Also put this here because we gotta draw in some of the horror movie fans in to)
H. The backrooms
I. This House Has People In It
J. Local58

I only have 2 scarezones rn, but I have The Sun Vanished in NY and Gemini Home Entertainment in Central Park
unnamed.jpg

DP, sorry, but just made a Video Game themed haunt, hope you guys enjoy!
Gaming.jpg

Resident Evil: Biohazard - Soundstage 22 (based on RE 7)
Dead Space - Soundstage 24 (A mix of the first and second game)
Outlast - Soundstage 24 (The first game with a bit of Whistleblower)
Bioshock - Soundstage 25 (Mix of the first and second)
Spooky's Jump Scare Mansions - MIB Tent (Was gonna be FNAF, but changed it to Spooky's since I think it can be more scary)
Condemned: Criminal Origins - Sprung Tent 2 (The first game, with some elements from Bloodshot like the bear and dolls)
Dead Rising - Sprung Tent 1 (Sort of a mashup maze of the first 2 games, with it being the comedy maze of the year)
Doom 3 - Second Parade Warehouse (I was gonna pick Doom 2016/Eternal, but Doom 3 has a better atmosphere for hhn)
The Last Of Us - Parade Warehouse (Would only be the first game, but they'll be a little cameo from the Ratking)
Carrion - Shrek Queue (The Thing Assimilation 2.0. This time though, you'll not only have animatronics, but in some rooms, you'll actually have the humans attack you)

Anarch-Cade Rebooted - Plaza Of The Stars (It's Anarch-Cade...I mean it speaks for itself)
Prototype - New York (Based off the first game, with some creatures from the second)
War Of The Monsters - Hollywood (Invasion but now it's kaijus!)
Don't Starve - Central Park (Have several characters from the game wander about, all in costumes mimicking the art style)
Half Life 2: Ravenholm - Hollywood (If anyone here played Half Life 2, you can understand how terrifying this level was. Now you get to see it in person)

Reactions: Nick
Alright I can’t actually copy and paste it here because it goes over the 10000 word count by just the backstory alone so here’s a link to Fear the Reaper by HHNVAULT member “Fallow”. The lineup went as follows:

*Grim Reaper's Harvest of Souls (Soundstage 23)
*Winchester Mystery Mansion (Soundstage 20)
*Mars Attacks! (Soundstage 20)
*PyroManiacs (Disaster Queue)
*Gorehouse (Jaws Queue)
*Labyrinth of the Underworld (Sprung Tent 2)
* ??????? (Sprung Tent 1)
*Scary Tales: Arabian Frights (Parade Showbuilding)

And the scare zones -

*Candy Land Hell (Central Park/Mel's Plaza)
*Blood Red Carpet (Hollywood Boulevard)
*Pyro Park (San Francisco)
*Martians take Manhattan (New York)
*Zombie Outbreak: Under Construction (Plaza of the Stars)
*Gorewood Village (Shrek Alley)
* ??????? (KidZone Plaza)
* ??????? (World Expo Plaza)
* ??????? (Entrance Plaza)

Unfortunately the OP only wrote descriptions for Harvest of Souls and Candy Land Hell; so I guess either the writer gave up or it just wasn’t archived.

The Dentist Society

We all know it, your dentist is a sadistic bastard. Who ever would choose that profession if torcher wasn't your thing. During the daytime these dentists are a respected breed but at night they come together in a secret, sinister location where they can live out their deepest desires.

Exterior is a nice looking façade of an Victorian home but at night it looks off.
We walk trough the entrance and enter a Victorian living-room. It all looks fine but bloody syringes, drills and more bloody tools a dentist uses.
We move trough the "waiting room" where future victims are held in cages plea to get set free.
The first treatment room has someone strapped to a dirty chair smeared with blood, blood streaming out his mouth while the dentist is doing his thing.
Next room is more filthy, a young woman has a huge brace in her mouth but it doesn't stop there. It goes over her face, eyes and weaves in and out her skin all over her body. The brace is like a web nailed to walls, floor and ceiling as if the is captured in her own web.
In a room filled with teeth and tongs another patient is taken his tong out.
When you enter the fourth room a jaw is removed from a victim. They all had to go and his is so much quicker.
We end up in the trophy room where the best projects of these dentists are held, chained to the wall when they are alive or dead. The once who are alive will try to grab you.
We escape trough the backyard that is a disposal area where gruesomely mutated corpses rot away.