Diagon Alley USH | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Diagon Alley USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I still think that Falls Lake, War of The Worlds, Whoville, and Bates Motel/Psycho House are not long for this world.

That is the perfect place for Diagon Alley and if you demolish Waterworld you would have enough space for the Hogwarts Express station and possibly room for another attraction for Hogsmeade.
I disagree from an operational standpoint.  You must have the ability to walk to the land without using the Hogwarts Express.  Falls Lake is too far away and Supercharged needs trams to enter and exit the area.

I also believe we would see Sound Stages moved to the Falls Lake area to make additional space for a Lower Lot expansion.  The Sound Stages can be state of the art and this would eliminate outdoor filming activity near the residential homes and keep noise levels down.

Mummy has already lived its 10 year lifespan and the property is being rebooted.  Eliminate one coaster (Mummy) with another coaster (Gringotts!).  I believe this makes much more sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mummy has already lived its 10 year lifespan and the property is being rebooted.  Eliminate one coaster (Mummy) with another coaster (Gringotts!).  I believe this makes much more sense.
I agree with you 100%. If DA comes to USH, Mummy would be the best location. However, since they'd be removing one attraction and replacing it with a similar (thought greatly, greatly improved) attraction. They would need some sort of Hogwarts experience or something to keep the attraction count up. Maybe a Hogwarts simulator, themed dinning, Ministry of Magic ride? ANYTHING in that spot!

I think if DA went to the Lower Lot, there would have to be a great deal of changes to accommodate the space.  Why have 2 Ollivander gift shops in one park?  Although, it would be better to keep the DA version and remove it from Hogsmead.

I think if DA went to the Lower Lot, there would have to be a great deal of changes to accommodate the space.  Why have 2 Ollivander gift shops in one park?  Although, it would be better to keep the DA version and remove it from Hogsmead.
As wrong as it may be, I can see DA still have a Ollivanders just for the sake of keeping capacity at bay. Although, that's just a guess and I can be entirely wrong, even if it is the same thing just in two locations.

Removing Ollivander's from Hogsmeade wouldn't happen due to the fact that they purposely made it TWO show rooms rather than one like Orlando's Hogsmeade. So technically... from a certain point of view.... there already will be TWO in the park. And it will help with capacity/demand.

"IF" DA gets built, due to space, they may just make it one show room opposed to the two, depending on how large the demand is.

I disagree from an operational standpoint.  You must have the ability to walk to the land without using the Hogwarts Express.  Falls Lake is too far away and Supercharged needs trams to enter and exit the area.

I also believe we would see Sound Stages moved to the Falls Lake area to make additional space for a Lower Lot expansion.  The Sound Stages can be state of the art and this would eliminate outdoor filming activity near the residential homes and keep noise levels down.

[SIZE=12.8px]You could have guests walk between lands if you were to link Diagon Alley with Citywalk. Linking the land with Citywalk would also help spread out crowds across the property.  It would be Hollywoods take on park hopping.   Also building DA in the Falls Lake area would minimize the impact of construction on the rest of the park.  I can't even begin to imagine the impact of construction would have on the Lower Lot.[/SIZE]

Not sure how having trams entering and exiting the Falls Lake area is any kind of issue, since tram routes can easily be re routed.

Calling Gringotts a coaster is like calling Journey to Atlantis in Orlando or Splash Mountain coasters simply because they feature one or two coaster-like elements. Gringotts is Transformers/Spider-Man with a very small coaster drop and quasi launch.

In fact, Orlando doesn't market Gringotts as a roller coaster! The only mention of Gringotts being a coaster is in the safety video and warning signage and even then, they loosely describe the ride as a coaster.

Gringotts is a great ride, but it is not a suitable replacement for this parks only true "big" coaster.  There is also no doubt in my mind that USH would market this ride as a coaster, leading to the possibility of guest backlash after they get to ride Gringotts and find the coaster portion to be so incredibly short and forgettable.

Mummy is still an incredibly popular ride and with the reboot of the franchise coming, there is absolutely no reason to get rid of it any time soon.

Hollywood needs to stop removing and replacing rides and continue to expand its footprint and ride count.

Reactions: Stylowtrix
If you think for once second USH wouldn't remove a dated attraction and some additional Soundtages for Harry Potter, I've got some bad news for you. I don't know about specific placing but I'd place good money on The Mummy and Soundstages 33-37.

Reactions: Opie
As stated in the Mummy section: Sources are telling me Mummy and surrounding sound stages are to be replaced by Diagon Alley. We'll find out soon enough.

God forbid USH get something that isn't already in existence at Universal Orlando or won't be cloned there at some point (aka- "PETS"). DA still only adds one new ride to the park, I'm not including Hogwarts Express because 1- its a glorified monorail, 2- I'm not entirely sure its possible (unless they built Hogsmeade with it in mind, but I doubt that). IF we must have more Potter, it'd be nice if they created something completely NEW that Orlando doesn't have. *looks at Fantastic Beasts*

Begun, the Clone Wars, has... (a few years ago)

Reactions: Alexshow.
I'm hearing we will be getting a modified version of Hogwarts Express with our rumored version of wagon Alley... Let's see how this works out.