Diagon Alley USH | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Diagon Alley USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have a big question to ask guys ? Ever since Disney announced Star Wars Land will be built . You guys think USH has plans on building Diagon Alley ????

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I've been told - yes, and no later than 2022. However I do not think our version will include Hogwarts Express. 

Reactions: Alexshow.
From what I've been told - yes, and no later than 2022. However I do not think our version will include Hogwarts Express.
Checking from Nearmap, I couldn't agree more.

If anything; we might have to see more soundstages get demoed soon if they want to place a big Lower Lot expansion over around the CSI stages.

Reactions: chris.g
Screams cape is saying that plans are on for Diagonal as we've heard. Apparently, they're wanting it to replace Water World, according to Screamscape. They also want to open it in 2018.

I'm excited, but not a fan of the location. That would mean no Hogwarts express.

Screams cape is saying that plans are on for Diagonal as we've heard. Apparently, they're wanting it to replace Water World, according to Screamscape. They also want to open it in 2018.

I'm excited, but not a fan of the location. That would mean no Hogwarts express.
Keep in mind that last year, WW got a major retooling in the shows quality, both in sound design; and the redoing of the shows lagoon. If anything; we're still looking at the lower lot for this, and for this to be much later than 2018.

As I stated in the Waterworld thread.... it doesn't matter what upgrades, retooling or refurbishments they have given Waterworld.... if they want to use that area for DA or something else entirely, they will not hesitate to bring in the wrecking ball to demolish it. SS28 had major historical significance to USH & Universal's legacy, but they had no issue with ripping that out for, as far as we know, a stupid ride (which may or may not be good) based on an upcoming animated animal movie.

Also, this rumor isn't new, but I'd still "believe it when I see it", and that goes for DA on the Lower Lot as well....

I've always said that the Hogwarts Express photo-op area would make a great façade/ride entrance for a HE simulator attraction. But that is another discussion for another time.

As I stated in the Waterworld thread.... it doesn't matter what upgrades, retooling or refurbishments they have given Waterworld.... if they want to use that area for DA or something else entirely, they will not hesitate to bring in the wrecking ball to demolish it. SS28 had major historical significance to USH & Universal's legacy, but they had no issue with ripping that out for, as far as we know, a stupid ride (which may or may not be good) based on an upcoming animated animal movie.
Soundstage 28 obviously didn't have major historical importance to Universal or the theme park if they ultimately ended up demolishing it. In many cases, I can't recall Universal relying much on its past or history as a primary motivator to keep something running. This is Hollywood after all, and history has little importance in this community.

I'm sure Universal Studios Hollywood has been eyeing Diagon Alley for some time. That being said, it makes little sense to me as to why they would retool WaterWorld only to remove the show so soon. Could the show close down in 2018? Absolutely. Could they close it so soon in an effort to open Diagon Alley in 2018? I'm skeptical.

Don't put that much weight into Screamscape. They're not a reliable source of information.

Soundstage 28 obviously didn't have major historical importance to Universal or the theme park if they ultimately ended up demolishing it. In many cases, I can't recall Universal relying much on its past or history as a primary motivator to keep something running. This is Hollywood after all, and history has little importance in this community.

I'm sure Universal Studios Hollywood has been eyeing Diagon Alley for some time. That being said, it makes little sense to me as to why they would retool WaterWorld only to remove the show so soon. Could the show close down in 2018? Absolutely. Could they close it so soon in an effort to open Diagon Alley in 2018? I'm skeptical.

Don't put that much weight into Screamscape. They're not a reliable source of information.

Yes they are. 

Lance is right more than he is wrong.   He's the one that confirmed that Wizarding World was a very real possibility for Hollywood back in 2010. 

Yes they are. 

Lance is right more than he is wrong.   He's the one that confirmed that Wizarding World was a very real possibility for Hollywood back in 2010. 
He also said that Avatar was in play in 2011, that Universal would purchase the Lakeside Golf Club in 2012, and that Universal Plaza would look like Carthay Circle in 2013. Did I also mention that he speculated that there would be a Zorror themed stunt show going into the Wild West theater in 2005 alongside the premature closure of WaterWorld in 2006?

Oh, and I forgot to mention that he also stated as recently in 2012 that WaterWorld would make way for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

My point stands.

He also said that Avatar was in play in 2011, that Universal would purchase the Lakeside Golf Club in 2012, and that Universal Plaza would look like Carthay Circle in 2013. Did I also mention that he speculated that there would be a Zorror themed stunt show going into the Wild West theater in 2005 alongside the premature closure of WaterWorld in 2006?

Oh, and I forgot to mention that he also stated as recently in 2012 that WaterWorld would make way for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

My point stands.
I remember about the avatar and it wasn't true so jon does have a point

I remember about the avatar and it wasn't true so jon does have a point
In the end, Screamscape is a rumor site. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's important to keep that into account when we have these types of discussions.

From my perspective, their track record is mixed at best. That's expected when you take reports from various sources, but it also means their reliability isn't ensured.

Screamscape is very mixed, and Lance knows that. Why do you think there's a bajillion updates almost everyday?

Regardless, Waterworld for Diagon Alley makes absolutely zero sense. That's what? A third of the size of USF's DA? Behind there are numerous employee locations, including Take 5 cafeteria which was just expanded. Why would they spend money on all of this just to rip it out a few years later? Why would JK even be fine with Diagon Alley being right next to Hogsmeade? Why would anybody in their right mind when designing a theme park put the most popular attraction literally at the exact front of the park?

As you can see, I uh, I don't believe this rumor. Good day.

Every few months we come back to this rumor and almost every time it's disproved. I noticed someone in another thread tried photoshopping DA over WW and Take 5. WaterWorld is 2 acres in size and factoring in Take 5 and some of the entrance pathway buildings it's around 3.5 acres. Diagon Alley is almost 8 acres in size. Just becuase we have two stores from DA in our Hogsmead doesn't mean it would be drastically smaller. Wiseacre's and Gladrags are relatively small stores. It's not going to fit anywhere in the Upper-Lot regardless if you remove some shops and the Hogwarts Express. I entirely believe Diagon Alley is planned for the future. Is it going in the Upper-Lot? No. 

Remember this as well, the Gringotts show building and ride take 6 months longer to build then the land itself. So construction of the building will more than likely begin before the land. So WaterWorld doesn't work for Diagon.

One of the biggest reasons for the WaterWorld upgrade was specifically for the incoming crowds due to Potter. It would make zero sense for them to take out WaterWorld right before summer and begin construction. Is 2018 possible for Diagon....well something would have to be torn down by the end of 2015 beginning of 2016 for that to be possible.

Reactions: Aaron and Ryan
I would be incredibly impressed if they built it by 2018. Is it possible? Sure. But it doesn't seem very likely since there doesn't seem to be any big construction going on in the lower lot. And they would need to start that asap.

Considering if Universal wants to release Nintendo In 2019 for USO, USJ and USH. I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait till 2020 for Diagon Alley to even pop up.