Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Cruise Line

Id think hump cabins are two rooms- one for the kids and a seperate for adults. Or am I mixing up the terminology... :D

I used to go on a yearly cruise with a group and, every year, the group leader always had an extra cabin booked that no one actually stayed in. It was always a hump cabin..

I am glad to see this thread. I've never been on a cruise but I've always wanted to go on one. Hopefully this thread can provide lots of good information.

To me a Disney cruise is something I'd like to say I've done just to experience it but I think after it, I'll probably never do it again.

Yes, everyone should do at least one cruise to Castaway Cay. I've been on four Disney cruises but they are so overpriced now, we are done with them. I can go on either Royal Caribbean or Celebrity for about half the price of a Disney cruise. The ships are just as nice, the service almost as good (Disney really ranks high in that department), and I don't have to deal with all the brats on board the Disney ship whose parents think are so special they don't have to follow the rules. The best part of the Disney cruise is Castaway Cay. The worst part is the lack of respect by certain families of the adult only areas. The food is equally bad on all cruise ships, lol.

Or bigger lobby/atrium/interior facilities area behind those rooms which pushes the rooms out a bit more in that area but doesn't make the rooms any bigger.
That's a good point. Could be something like larger elevator/stair hubs that force the hallways to curve outwards. We'll see. I'm very intrigued.

It was revealed at D23 that the next ship to join the Disney Fleet will be the Disney Wish. Sailings will start in 2022. They also announced their second private island in the bahamas, Lighthouse Point. Joe Rohde will be the lead Imagineer on this project.

dcw12371928371923870139482039472938472342-1024x576.jpg

lighthouse-point-d23-1024x576.jpg

The delay for the Wish is pretty unsurprising given that ~6 month delays had already been announced for ships both before and after it in Meyer Werft's build order. At this point I would expect that all of the new Disney ships will be delayed by at least 6-8 months, if not more.

The delay for the Wish is pretty unsurprising given that ~6 month delays had already been announced for ships both before and after it in Meyer Werft's build order. At this point I would expect that all of the new Disney ships will be delayed by at least 6-8 months, if not more.

It’s not like the demand is there. Disney are probably looking at this as a blessing.

Not surprising, maybe this period allowed them to make any needed adjustments to the design/theming plans. Last video I saw didn’t show it to be very far along at all.

During Thursday's earnings call, Bob Chapek announced that the launches of DCL's 6th and 7th ships have been pushed from late 2022 and 2023 to 2024 and 2025.

He went on to describe it as "a slight delay of roughly six months on those ships."

I guess measurement of time isn't as well defined as I thought.

During Thursday's earnings call, Bob Chapek announced that the launches of DCL's 6th and 7th ships have been pushed from late 2022 and 2023 to 2024 and 2025.

He went on to describe it as "a slight delay of roughly six months on those ships."

I guess measurement of time isn't as well defined as I thought.

I know they were well into construction on the Wish, but do you know if they had even started 6 and 7?