Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Springs Discussion

House of Blues leaving doesn't surprise me. From what I heard in 2007 they started telling them who they could and couldn't book as far as certain bands go because they didn't want to tarnish the Disney image. IDK if that's true, but if it is I can see why they would want to leave.

You'd think they'd come up with a more catchier named then "Harpoonionon Warf" as I read it the first time I saw it.
But the concept art looks like it's going to be quite interesting, and a nice way to spend the evening. I'm a sucker for lights.

From Screamscape:

General Resort News - (12/7/10) Are there plans to bring back the Adventure’s Club as part of the Hyperion Wharf plan? There are a few rumors and theories going around, but unfortunately nothing solid. You can read up on some of it over at the Save Pleasure Island Blog, though near the end they also mention bringing it back as part of Animal Kingdom. I believe this idea may have been part of the old rumor attached to linking the Adventure’s Club and the old Night Kingdom premium experience park concept. Depending on who you talked to and where in the development of Night Kingdom Disney was at the time, the Adventure’s Club was pitched to serve as part of the experience in a few different ways. Everything from using the site as a check in point for the guests to start their adventure, to creating an all new version of the club inside Night Kingdom itself. Most Night Kingdom proposals were linked to Animal Kingdom as well, so it’s hard to draw a line in the sand about who had what. Despite the fact that so many Disney fans are begging for the club to be brought back, I know I’ve heard no peeps of hope at all myself. Until I hear otherwise, I’m assuming it’s all just a big fanboy dream… a nice one, but still just a dream. Kungaloosh!

I wish Disney would take one of the islands they don't use and just replace pleasure island, that way they could card before you boarded a boat, the kids wouldn't be involved and we wouldn't lose a great nighttime adult Disney venue. They have a few islands that the boats could get too. They might need to expand some of one. But even if it were just a few clubs, it would be better than nothing. And they could transplant jelly rolls, a great club on boardwalk that not too many people go too anymore, including some of the really big ones from original PI.

I ended up heading to Downtown Disney today and grabbed some updated shots of the construction:

1059.jpg

1060.jpg

1061.jpg

1064.jpg

According to a friend, Hyperion Wharf could very well be a four year plan, and Disney still has no idea what's actually going into it.

AKA, don't expect anything new there anytime soon.

According to a friend, Hyperion Wharf could very well be a four year plan, and Disney still has no idea what's actually going into it.

AKA, don't expect anything new there anytime soon.

So in other words, this is what WDW management is thinking:

"Lets demolish the old area, slowly, little by little, so it looks like we are doing something...and lets stretch it out as much as possible... Then we'll announce the name of the new area, to keep people excited, but later on we'll figure out what exactly we're going to put in it. Paradiso will stay, but anyone have ideas on what else to put in there?"

Thats when I'd stand up in the back of the room and scream PLEASURE ISLAND!!!!!

^ Andddd that's depressing. Has there ever been anymore info on whether or not the Adventurer's Club might be staying? I remember reading somewhere that you could see its roof in some concept art.

Nope the whole area is going to get razed, its alllll gone as you can see in the plans, to be replaced by grass....:faint:

I don't know what they were thinking by replacing a great nighttime venue making A LOT of money on alcohol, with ...grass.

Getting reports from all across the interwebz that Hyperion Wharf has been outright canceled, no further demolition will be done, and the clubs will be leased out to third party vendors. No word on the Adventurers Club as of now.