Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney+

The revelation that the project is far enough along to have all the old cast attached is new news, though. A trade like Variety isn't going to just throw that in there if they hadn't heard as much.

Mighty Ducks dropped as the first ABC Signature production on Disney+.

It looks like it's gearing up to be a solid show.
I've heard some people say it has the potential to be a Cobra Kai type of show depending on where it goes (from critics who have seen the 3 episodes).

I've heard some people say it has the potential to be a Cobra Kai type of show depending on where it goes (from critics who have seen the 3 episodes).
I can see that. The cast of kids is probably too young to feature in plotlines similar to the Cobra Kai kids, but Estevez and Graham have a great dynamic. Plus the fact that ABC Signature is helming the show gives me hope that this will play to a slightly older audience than I had anticipated.

Thats what I would hope for...but Cobra Kai just works so dam well. Also unlike MD at least for now Cobra Kai two main characters are VERY different from when they were teens...MD at least the main guy seem to be the same as he was in the films. It was interesting to see Johnny as a no body but grow a heart.

Last edited:
Thats what I would hope for...but Cobra Kai just works so dam well. Also unlike MD at least for now Cobra Kai two main characters are VERY different from when they wereteens...MD at least the main guy seem to be the same as he was in the films. It was interesting to see Johnny as a no body but grow a heart.
I haven't watched the episode yet. I was actually rewatching the movies and wow I forgot exactly how cheesy parts of them are. Reminds me a bit of home alone in that respect. People remember it fondly, but goodness was it cheesy as hell, especially some of those sequels. :lol:

I'll probably wait until this Friday to watch any of the show so I can have two episodes to watch and then really decide if I care to watch it.

Reminds me a bit of home alone in that respect. People remember it fondly, but goodness was it cheesy as hell

giphy.gif

Anything beyond LOST IN NEW YORK is garbage, it's true, but that first movie holds up!

New Bad Batch trailer. The animation style and more importantly, the animation is absolutely beautiful. I've often found Clone Wars hard to watch which is why I don't even think I made it through one full season because of one main thing: I felt like I was watching a lesser than Star Wars product because the animation looked sort of porous, at least back when the series started. This looks top notch and I could easily see myself watching this series after that trailer.

Last edited:
New Bad Batch trailer. The animation style and more importantly, the animation is absolutely beautiful. I've often found Clone Wars hard to watch which is why I don't even think I made it through one full season because of one main thing: I felt like I was watching a lesser than Star Wars product because the animation looked sort of porous, at least back when the series started. This looks top notch and I could easily see myself watching this series after that trailer.

Nice, looks great

I'd also recommend watching Rookies from Season 1 and the final 2 episodes of the season and skipping the rest.
Season 2 is better and if you can't stand it then look up the best rated episodes from that season and move to season 3 where the animation by then has very much improved.
You can watch online the making of season one episodes and they basically had to reuse a lot of the same characters and ships because of budget and from there it just gets better and better. The Maul and his brother stuff is great, Deathwatch is interesting in season 2 on, and while I don't love it like many others most find the Father, Sister Brother arc really cool.

Looks interesting and different. I like the concept of doing six individual short films with different (new) directors as that means each film will have their own flavor and style.

!!!!!!

Feige probably forced them to send over the money. Now go get The Incredible Hulk.

This is extremely weird because when the Sony-Netflix Deal was announced, I remember people saying that the titles were only exclusive for 18 months and then they could go to another streamer if they wanted and I immediately thought Disney+ was the obvious choice. I didn't think it would actually happen though!

Oh, and with Sony library content coming, i'm pretty sure that Star (or Hulu) will be integrating within Disney+ right around the time this deal starts as the Sony stuff has a lot of R material, too, along with Fox. Not to mention 2022 is when the streaming deal for Fox movies on HBO ends.

So i'm gonna firmly plant my flag that we'll be getting the R-rated content within Disney+ starting next year in the US.

This is extremely weird because when the Sony-Netflix Deal was announced, I remember people saying that the titles were only exclusive for 18 months and then they could go to another streamer if they wanted and I immediately thought Disney+ was the obvious choice. I didn't think it would actually happen though!

Oh, and with Sony library content coming, i'm pretty sure that Star (or Hulu) will be integrating within Disney+ right around the time this deal starts as the Sony stuff has a lot of R material, too, along with Fox. Not to mention 2022 is when the streaming deal for Fox movies on HBO ends.

So i'm gonna firmly plant my flag that we'll be getting the R-rated content within Disney+ starting next year in the US.

I love Hulu, they should literally put Hulu inside of D+ and have a parental control option. I don’t care how much storage the app would require, it would be beneficial for everyone to have it in one spot.

I love Hulu, they should literally put Hulu inside of D+ and have a parental control option. I don’t care how much storage the app would require, it would be beneficial for everyone to have it in one spot.
The US is the only territory that doesn't have a Hulu equivalent on Disney+ (Star). Hulu Originals are even called Star Originals for International distribution for shows like High Fidelity, Love Victor, Dollface, A Teacher, Solar Opposites, the upcoming MODOK animated show, and they also have new episodes of ABC Signature and 20th Century TV shows such as Big Sky, Grey's Anatomy, Black-ish, etc, each week after a new episode has aired in the US, much like Hulu.

Every since Star debuted, the only time I watch Disney+ is when using a VPN as there's just so much more, including R-rated movies and so on. Basically Star is their catch all brand for whatever doesn't fit within one of the other five tabs. If I had to guess, Hulu will be rebranded to Star so that there's uniformity across the globe as far as branding goes.

And as far as setting a password goes, You can choose what you want to do. You can either make it so in order to open up a profile you need a password OR you can simply limit the TV-rating that they can watch up to. So say you have an 11 ear old and your fine with whatever's in a PG-13 movie, but you don't want that kid watching any R-rated movies, you can set the maximum rating they can watch at PG-13/TV-14. That blocks out all R rated content and even some adult animation, such as Solar Opposites, which I believe is rated TV-MA.