Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney+

Only gotten the chance to see one episode of Monsters at Work. Overall seems completely average but the lip sync animation is so poor it distracts from everything else. I have no idea why it's this bad. Miraculous is an import so that makes some sense, but this was designed for English. Just weird.

What If Looks great

Monsters Inc Show...could get great but for sure its not Pixar quality yet...the company has slipped back in the day they literally would not let Disney make Toy Story 2 suck...but now is ok with this show? just sucks

What If Looks great

Monsters Inc Show...could get great but for sure its not Pixar quality yet...the company has slipped back in the day they literally would not let Disney make Toy Story 2 suck...but now is ok with this show? just sucks
I wouldn't necessarily say it's not Pixar qualiity. It fits in with the Monsters Inc Universe quite nicely. However, what it doesn't have so far is the heart of a normal Pixar project.

But again, this is a Pixar Show and not a movie. Pixar has done a show before - the Buzz Lightyear show from back in the day. That show certainly wasn't Pixar quality either. Both shows have a "Saturday Morning Cartoon" vibe to them.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's not Pixar qualiity. It fits in with the Monsters Inc Universe quite nicely. However, what it doesn't have so far is the heart of a normal Pixar project.

But again, this is a Pixar Show and not a movie. Pixar has done a show before - the Buzz Lightyear show from back in the day. That show certainly wasn't Pixar quality either. Both shows have a "Saturday Morning Cartoon" vibe to them.
Neither Buzz nor Monsters at Work were done by Pixar.

With Monsters At Work....it is telling

I like the call backs to MU but besides that not a fan of any of the characters outside the ones from the films
Yeah, the new characters are pretty meh. But that can be with any established franchise. It’s hard to add good, new characters to an existing franchise.

Toy Story really is one of the only animated franchises I can think of to successfully add good new and interesting characters with each new installment. It’s not like Monsters University is remembered all that fondly, either.

They have to start overlapping with the STAR WARS shows, then.
Yup, something is gonna have to overlap with Boba Fett. I thought they may try to avoid that for this year, but next year they have no choice but to overlap considering the amount of Star Wars shows and MCU shows that are scheduled for next year (and on top of that, something like Andor is 12 episodes).

I do wonder if Disney may move away from weekly releases and do something like have a 6 episode show run for only 3 weeks, with something of a 3 episodes in week 1, 2 in week 2 and hold the finale for week 3 type of a model. It'll get the shows out faster and it could save big shows from overlapping too much.

Disney+ has moved away from the strict weekly model more and more as they are growing out of their infancy. We are seeing many more shows broken into parts, that have multiple episodes debut in week 1, and in some cases, just straight up go the binge model (their first scripted show to do this in the US will be Diary of a Future President season 2 next month).

I think this will become more and more common with shows that they see as "filler". A full season drop allows people to binge, thus a show that people may not want to watch week to week but if they're bored on a weekend and there's nothing else they could binge through one of those types of shows while the other AAA content airs weekly.

I do wonder if Disney may move away from weekly releases and do something like have a 6 episode show run for only 3 weeks, with something of a 3 episodes in week 1, 2 in week 2 and hold the finale for week 3 type of a model. It'll get the shows out faster and it could save big shows from overlapping too much.

Disney+ has moved away from the strict weekly model more and more as they are growing out of their infancy. We are seeing many more shows broken into parts, that have multiple episodes debut in week 1, and in some cases, just straight up go the binge model (their first scripted show to do this in the US will be Diary of a Future President season 2 next month).

I think this will become more and more common with shows that they see as "filler". A full season drop allows people to binge, thus a show that people may not want to watch week to week but if they're bored on a weekend and there's nothing else they could binge through one of those types of shows while the other AAA content airs weekly.
It's funny. I both kinda want this and don't

I mainly wish we had an easier way to not have EVERYTHING spoiled within 20 seconds of a finale ending. But it's already hard to keep up with all the Disney shows now, let alone if you watch stuff on Amazon, netflix and apple tv.

The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers renewed

New LEGO Star Wars Halloween Special coming:

Doogie Howser spin-off debuting September 8th. I guess that show was pretty perfect for the Disney Channel "formula", so makes sense, and the intended audience will probably enjoy it as the lead actress is popular from other Disney Channel shows.

Just watched Season 2 of the Short Circuit experimental animated shorts and “Dinosaur Barbarian” is a HUGE stand-out. Has all the makings of a cheesy 80’s Saturday morning cartoon. The hand drawn art style is absolutely great and the song in the short would make for a good opening title sequence.

Also, Home Alone soft reboot (Macaulay Culkin will reprise his role in a cameo) “Home Sweet Home Alone” will release on Disney+ for this holiday season on Disney+, with a November 12th release date.

Last edited:
I question the wisdom of a new HOME ALONE movie without John Hughes, John Williams, Macaulay Culkin, Daniel Stern, and Joe Pesci all involved. Which, given that Hughes is dead, means I question the wisdom of pretty much any new HOME ALONE movie at this point.

But on the other hand, the fact that I only recognize three names in that cast list (including Culkin) means this clearly isn't made for me, despite being a pretty big fan of the first HOME ALONE.

I question the wisdom of a new HOME ALONE movie without John Hughes, John Williams, Macaulay Culkin, Daniel Stern, and Joe Pesci all involved. Which, given that Hughes is dead, means I question the wisdom of pretty much any new HOME ALONE movie at this point.

But on the other hand, the fact that I only recognize three names in that cast list (including Culkin) means this clearly isn't made for me, despite being a pretty big fan of the first HOME ALONE.
Archie Yates as the lead is a VERY solid choice (he was Jojo in Jojo Rabbit), although he's already aging out of the young role, so I hope this is a one-off. Then you have a bunch of family leaning comedic types in Kenan Thompson, Ellie Kemper, Pete Holmes, Mikey Day, etc. The thing that stands out to me as odd though is the choice at director. Dan Mazer is the director on this film, whose major credits to this point are all working with Sasha Baron Cohen directing Ali G, Borat and Bruno.

The bar for me is low, but since I know i'll be checking it out since my family watches a ton of holiday tinged movies, I do have at least a little interest in how this thing comes together.