What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

DisneyForward Expansion Project

Aug 15, 2014
--Classified--
Huge announcement of future expansion plans for Disneyland Resort.
Disneyland Announces Plans for Major Expansion (themeparkinsider.com)

dl-forward-map1.jpg

So a very blue sky concept of what the future of the resort could hypothetically look like if the city gets on board.

looking at the concept art it’s not so much a third park but a hybrid hotels and expansion to the current parks under this proposal.

I have been asking for this since DCA was ten years old...the Parks ARE PACKED and have been for 5 years. Literally made zero sense not to have something new open.

Sure its kinda small for some but think this is going to be very busy and loved within no time.

Yeah, I think it's way too soon to peg this as actual theme park expansion. There doesn't seem to be enough practical space for a real third gate, so if anything, this will likely be limited to large expansions to the existing parks. (Which would also be welcome!)

Yeah, I think it's way too soon to peg this as actual theme park expansion. There doesn't seem to be enough practical space for a real third gate, so if anything, this will likely be limited to large expansions to the existing parks. (Which would also be welcome!)
Its basically a third park. There is a lot of land from the picture and hopefully Disney make Tron have some sort of games like Nintendoland. That would be very good use of the smaller space they have.

But honestly to me this all sounds great....going to just be more rides and since its not in Disneyland don't have to worry about taking way lands/rides we love for new stuff.
I would hate living five feet from that proposed expansion.

Honestly moving into that town for the last 30+ years you knew what you were getting into. Disney in my opinion helps the city make that town look great and pretty clean at least when i walk around the area its nicer than most of LA

I would hate living five feet from that proposed expansion.
How this would even work is beyond me. Would access be only based on park hoppers? This is nuts.
Me? Tons of Disney fans

If you see the people going to Disney...its like a religion or part of their culture. You give the people lands based off movies they love....they will come

It’s very specifically called out as expansions to DCA and DL.

Also none of the properties in it should be seen as anything but examples of what could come. This thing is a vision plan, not an actual plan.
Has its own gate, doesn't have to fit Disneyland/DCA themes and cost money to enter

Its basically a third game...but sure expansion who cares the name more rides and lands are never a band thing. They can LITERALLY do what ever they want here and no one can complain..."Walt would not want a one movie land in this park...or no don't get ride of that ride I love it more than my children"

No, just expansion for the existing parks

Also it’s basically just theoretical
If it's theoretical, then why announce it this early. You're setting people up for dissapointment.

EDIT: Also why do this when so many other attempts to make Disneyland a global resort destination have fallen short, any especially when you still have important pre-existing areas to grow in like
A. The unused areas of Fantasyland
B. The area behind Pixar Pier
C. Hollywoodland
D. The rapidly aging Tomorrowland

Sorry for the double post, thought it was warranted given it's separate from the topic above.

I love the idea of essentially creating a loop between the two parks. I am curious how they connect Disneyland to this odd new plot.

EDIT: The forward facing arm of this expansion is here:

If it's theoretical, then why announce it this early. You're setting people up for dissapointment.

EDIT: Also why do this when so many other attempts to make Disneyland a global resort destination have fallen short, any especially when you still have important pre-existing areas to grow in like
A. The unused areas of Fantasyland
B. The area behind Pixar Pier
C. Hollywoodland
D. The rapidly aging Tomorrowland
The same reason every company ever releases the “this could be us but you taxing us too much” plan: to strongarm the local government