Disneyland Resort | Page 133 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Looks like Splash is closing at the end of May

• A brand-new cast of original Disney characters with distinct names and personalities
  • Dozens of entirely new Audio-Animatronics® figures
  • Adorable critters with incredible talent, bringing the diverse flavors of musical gumbo found in New Orleans
  • New, original music alongside favorite tunes from the film
  • The alluring scent of beignets being prepared for the party in the attraction queue
  • Familiar faces from the film such as Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen, Mama Odie, Louis, Eudora, Charlotte, “Big Daddy,” the King and Queen of Maldonia, and Prince Ralphie
  • Additional talent voices from the film reprising their roles, including Bruno Campos as Prince Naveen, Michael Leon Wooley as Louis, and the one and only Disney Legend Anika Noni Rose as Princess Tiana

Reactions: Grabnar
Here are some key points of that DL Forward event today. The points that stuck out to me is that Disney is eyeing approval in early 2024 and the Eastern Gateway has been revived. Below is a link to a thread of tweets detailing the event in full. Feel free to read it.

I'm somewhat amused by the tweet about Garden Walk not wanting to sell. One, that means Disney likely reached out to more than just them about selling. I wonder who else they talked to? Two, I'm not necessarily sure how a Garden Walk purchase benefits them other than parking. If that's the only parcel you've picked up and you build over Toy Story lot, I don't see any theme park expansion there because you'd be awkwardly bridging a huge road with a super wide bridge, so the only logical thought is parking.

Ultimately I would love to see them pick up a few properties, build a a California Adventure sized third gate and get some new unique attractions in there.

It’s funny that a little of ten years ago garden walk would have been a steal but rumors are Disney says no

Though I’ve seen recent videos I’d garden walk and many restaurants spots are open and some open pretty late so who knows maybe it’s still in the cards

I'm somewhat amused by the tweet about Garden Walk not wanting to sell. One, that means Disney likely reached out to more than just them about selling. I wonder who else they talked to? Two, I'm not necessarily sure how a Garden Walk purchase benefits them other than parking. If that's the only parcel you've picked up and you build over Toy Story lot, I don't see any theme park expansion there because you'd be awkwardly bridging a huge road with a super wide bridge, so the only logical thought is parking.

Ultimately I would love to see them pick up a few properties, build a a California Adventure sized third gate and get some new unique attractions in there.
The benefit of GardenWalk is that you can move backstage space off site.

I wonder how they're going to deal with the tram from Eastern Gateway to Toy Story Lot. Have to imagine that's a key discussion towards the element of the Garden Walk, and why they could've approached them when they did.

Here's to hoping they finish AC and fix Tomorrowland and Hollywoodland before starting on exansion...
They need the Eastern Gateway to make any movement on HL. When the transportation hub behind Monsters is freed up thanks to the EG, the monorail can be rerouted to get it out of the way for whatever Disney has planned for the area. My guess is a Large E ticket family dark ride on par with Rise will go in that spot.

I should be excited for Eastern gateway but I’m not really am. Probably because if they go forward with this immediately, they’re not gonna fix TL or AC first, which should be critical to fix now. Plus, it will likely be just a bunch of clones and nothing unique or fresh.
So if DL forward gets the green light in early 2024, how likely do you think it would be they would go ahead with the EG the moment it (DL Forward) gets approved, shutter Hollywoodland shortly after and fast track a HL replacement to be announced at D23 2024? I can't really complain as Hollywoodland needs something, anything to put it out of it's misery. And Disney can find two sets of construction crews they can build the Avengers E ticket and a revamped HL land at about the same time as they did back in 2019 with MMRR and AC. The Avengers E ticket could be completed first as it is just the ride building. IMO DCA needs a lot more attention and work before they turn back to DL park proper.

It’s funny that a little of ten years ago garden walk would have been a steal but rumors are Disney says no

Though I’ve seen recent videos I’d garden walk and many restaurants spots are open and some open pretty late so who knows maybe it’s still in the cards
I walked through Garden Walk when in Anaheim this past week and it was dead as a doornail. Coffee places didn't even open until 10:30am and the whole mall was pretty much a ghost town with almost everything closed by 11pm. We stayed next door so I was hoping we could maybe go in and grab something for breakfast there but nope.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I walked through Garden Walk when in Anaheim this past week and it was dead as a doornail. Coffee places didn't even open until 10:30am and the whole mall was pretty much a ghost town with almost everything closed by 11pm. We stayed next door so I was hoping we could maybe go in and grab something for breakfast there but nope.
it has been a long, long time since I knew someone who went to gardenwalk — and I live 15-20 minutes away. I don't doubt tourists and anaheim residents visit, but ... this has been the case for quite some time.

genuinely the only thing garden walk has going for it is house of blues and even then i feel like they get "bigger" acts only here and there. i'm 28 and i don't know a single person in my age group, even my cm friends, who are jumping at the chance to go to garden walk. even several years back when i worked at the park and it would've been convenient to go to garden walk it was still "want to drive to packing house?"

So what are people interest levels in Disney Forward?

I'm not against more land for the theme parks but this current plan seems pretty meh compared to how they tried to sell it back a few years ago.

genuinely the only thing garden walk has going for it is house of blues and even then i feel like they get "bigger" acts only here and there. i'm 28 and i don't know a single person in my age group, even my cm friends, who are jumping at the chance to go to garden walk. even several years back when i worked at the park and it would've been convenient to go to garden walk it was still "want to drive to packing house?"
With our hotel literally right next door we used GardenWalk as a cut through so we could stay off the main tourist path and enjoy a larger path with no one on it! :lol:

Reactions: peasoupprincess
You didn't have breakfast at Huckleberries? That's open at 7am for breakfast.