Disneyland Resort | Page 134 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You didn't have breakfast at Huckleberries? That's open at 7am for breakfast.
Nope. Is this somewhere I should put on my list to go to for breakfast in the future? We mostly just stopped for a quick bite to eat wherever we saw food on our walk to the parks or on our drives out to LA and then got on with our day. Our main LA day did come into more focus food wise thanks to a young local couple we ran into on the trip, but this is all more for my Trip Report thread.

If they hit the ground running on Eastern Gateway, something I actually hope they do is a trackless Encanto Ride and a Pirates-level Coco boat ride. I know that may seem hypocritical to say after I just complained about this being likely a bunch of clones with talk of Encanto and Coco rides coming to MK, but DCA could really benefit from a Tokyo BatB-level ride (Or something close to it that's more "theatrical" in nature) and an elaborate boat ride with no height requirement.

If they hit the ground running on Eastern Gateway, something I actually hope they do is a trackless Encanto Ride and a Pirates-level Coco boat ride. I know that may seem hypocritical to say after I just complained about this being likely a bunch of clones with talk of Encanto and Coco rides coming to MK, but DCA could really benefit from a Tokyo BatB-level ride (Or something close to it that's more "theatrical" in nature) and an elaborate boat ride with no height requirement.
I am guessing Encanto and Coco will go in DCA. Maybe in the parking lot to the right of Pixar Pier near the Pixar Pier hotel. But I think one of the things they will hit the ground running on is the Eastern Gateway and the Hollywood Land. That lands needs to be one of first things they address under DL forward. Coco and Encanto attractions could also go in whatever replaces Hollywoodland.

A Coco Boat ride in the style of Pirates would be such a win. I also think if they can do something cool where a coco/Enanto lands would more normal during the day but at night black lights and effects make the lands almost glow like Pandora would be just so much fun.

Sadly Disney didn't even hint at what IPs would come here if they got to expands the theme parks

• Love
Reactions: DTH
A Coco Boat ride in the style of Pirates would be such a win. I also think if they can do something cool where a coco/Enanto lands would more normal during the day but at night black lights and effects make the lands almost glow like Pandora would be just so much fun.

Sadly Disney didn't even hint at what IPs would come here if they got to expands the theme parks
Because of the scale of DL forward, I bet even Disney doesn't even know yet. Though I will wager a guess in that the attractions promised in the "Beyond Big Thunder Mountain" expansion to MK (Coco, Encanto, and the Villains land) will make it to DLR. Coco and Encanto will end up in DCA while Villains will go in DL proper.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
DVC new lounge in Tomorrowland. Not much to say except I hope this doesn't mean we will never get a new TL

Also looks like Clyde's Hot Chicken is coming to DTD
BCF1DB45-2FFB-4F1A-8E04-879888597F1D.jpeg

Last edited:
From the looks of that fire, Murphy's structure is most likely completely F'd.

Doesn't sound like anyone got hurt which is always great, but it'll be interesting to see if the show is able to go into Dragon B-Mode soon or not. (That's assuming the show will continue soon, of course.)

Reactions: Clive
From the looks of that fire, Murphy's structure is most likely completely F'd.

Doesn't sound like anyone got hurt which is always great, but it'll be interesting to see if the show is able to go into Dragon B-Mode soon or not. (That's assuming the show will continue soon, of course.)
Fantasmic was already going down to one showing per day soon if not already. I’d take it fully offline right now and maybe there’s a way to run it this summer in some sort of B-mode, but as you said, they essentially are gonna need a completely new Dragon and the dock probably was damaged as well so I wouldn’t be surprised even if the island is closed tomorrow on top of no Fantasmic.

Reactions: Tobias
Disney won’t but this is why they need to invest more in maintaining attractions again

Murphy not only cost a lot to make but took a long time to get up in running, and now like that the dragon is just gone.

Rides break down daily like Indy went down and now some affects are skews Fu not working. I hope this is a wake up call for Disney to get back to pre covid maintenance

I’m going in the summer and this is a huge bummer because the dragon was the coolest part of the updated show but I’m glad no one got hurt and hope Disney selling meal packages means the show will be up soon again

Honestly they’re lucky the entire island didn’t go up in flames. Hope the performers are all okay.
If the island went up in flames and cast members got hurt, imagine the lawsuits that would have followed...
Disney won’t but this is why they need to invest more in maintaining attractions again

Murphy not only cost a lot to make but took a long time to get up in running, and now like that the dragon is just gone.

Rides break down daily like Indy went down and now some affects are skews Fu not working. I hope this is a wake up call for Disney to get back to pre covid maintenance

I’m going in the summer and this is a huge bummer because the dragon was the coolest part of the updated show but I’m glad no one got hurt and hope Disney selling meal packages means the show will be up soon again
This is yet another lingering effect from the Chapek years. In some ways something like this was bound to happen.

If the island went up in flames and cast members got hurt, imagine the lawsuits that would have followed...

This is yet another lingering effect from the Chapek years. In some ways something like this was bound to happen.
This is not just a Chapek thing, this is a Disney issue across the board and was before Chapek came in. So many stories of attractions hanging by a thread because Ops wants them online and maintenance gets deferred or cut to as small a window as possible for rehab. When it comes to maintenance Disney has been reactive rather than proactive for many years.

Boy, Disney does not have a good track record when it comes to fire-breathing dragons…

The Festival of Fantasy float was out for about 8 months. Because this one is more like an inflatable balloon, it’s hard to say if it can come back sooner or later.