Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

Because of spontaneity. Some days, I could wake up and decide, “Hey, let’s go to Disney today,” or finish work early for the day and be like, “Wanna go to Disney tonight for a few hours and ride a few things and get ice cream?” That’s something that could be done with APs: Being able to go if and when the mood strikes (so long as it’s not a blackout day, obviously).

Now? I personally don’t want to have to plan every single time I want to go to Disney days, weeks, or months in advance. Planning ahead because, say, a friend is visiting from out of state on a given day is one thing, but reservations kill the possibility and flexibility of just being able to up and go on a whim today because of having an unexpected day free or something.
How were you able to be this spontaneous living in Los Angeles, haha? Like even in the true glory days of annual passes, I couldn't be that spontaneous. Traffic was always too much of a gamble. I'm like this with USH because I can leave my house and walk through the front gates in 20-30 minutes but Disneyland always required a decent amount of planning.

That's a big reason why I went ahead and did Magic Key. I compared everything to my habits prior to COVID and between the cost, how often I'm able to go, and when I like to go, it was all basically the same -- definitely not exactly the same, but not so different that it didn't seem worth it. I'm excited to start using it.

Last edited:
More like...I'm waiting to see if Crowds have returned to what they were a few weeks ago. Which looking at the app at least on weekdays..not yet

Sure this weekend will be much busier than it has been.

Hoping they won't. Heading in early October on a Thursday + Friday. Would love it if the crowds remain low.

Because of spontaneity. Some days, I could wake up and decide, “Hey, let’s go to Disney today,” or finish work early for the day and be like, “Wanna go to Disney tonight for a few hours and ride a few things and get ice cream?” That’s something that could be done with APs: Being able to go if and when the mood strikes (so long as it’s not a blackout day, obviously).

Now? I personally don’t want to have to plan every single time I want to go to Disney days, weeks, or months in advance. Planning ahead because, say, a friend is visiting from out of state on a given day is one thing, but reservations kill the possibility and flexibility of just being able to up and go on a whim today because of having an unexpected day free or something.

I feel in general there will be plenty of availability, so I really can’t imagine you not having the opportunity to be spontaneous still.

I got one. Excited to go! Going tomorrow even. Although now it's sold out for any other Magic Keyers. But I imagine that's just pent up demand for this specific Saturday. Should cool down in a month.

I got one. Excited to go! Going tomorrow even. Although now it's sold out for any other Magic Keyers. But I imagine that's just pent up demand for this specific Saturday. Should cool down in a month.
Just checked and normal tickets can still make a reservation, I had no idea they were going to separate the two. Wish they did this before, finally a way to control crowds better.

Just checked and normal tickets can still make a reservation, I had no idea they were going to separate the two. Wish they did this before, finally a way to control crowds better.
NO THIS IS ACTUALLY DUMB. it is a secondary blackout date. Why am I going to pay for a pass I cannot use when I want to. 1400 is way above any other park and has far less benefits. They way you control crowds is by blackout dates. this is just dumb.

NO THIS IS ACTUALLY DUMB. it is a secondary blackout date. Why am I going to pay for a pass I cannot use when I want to. 1400 is way above any other park and has far less benefits. They way you control crowds is by blackout dates. this is just dumb.
Former AP here and one of the reasons I’ve stop going so much is the crowds.
So if they can do this system and it makes them happy I’m happy.

I don’t need the parks at 8/10 crowded every day. I’m very much fine with APs only going 8-12 times a year over 20+
I’ve said this since I’ve joined the site

I go once a month and literally have all my dates planned out until Aug 2022. And I'm perfectly happy with that bahaha. I had the Flex pass before and it was great. No change here for me.

So a completely booked out day for Magic Keys and the highest wait time right now is 25 min for Peter Pan. Did they go easy on the amount of Keys that can visit?

So a completely booked out day for Magic Keys and the highest wait time right now is 25 min for Peter Pan. Did they go easy on the amount of Keys that can visit?
Think it’s because of them still not being at 100 percent capacity
Think they are banking on Halloween and Christmas to bring people back
Along with wanting certain APs feeling the pressure to buy a day ticket

my bet is during the”off season” in the beginning of the year they will quietly raise the amount of magic key holders in the park and then lower that number by spring break

Yeah, longest I waited was maybe 20 minutes the other day. It was great. Can't wait to go back. Really hoping people don't buy into this Genie+ and lines can stay this way forever. Honestly, the park itself was crowded so I was surprised to see everything go so quick. It felt like a special event or something with how short everything was. Really curious to see how this fares during Halloween time (which was ALWAYS unbearably crowded) and Christmas (which had its good and bad days).

Yeah, longest I waited was maybe 20 minutes the other day. It was great. Can't wait to go back. Really hoping people don't buy into this Genie+ and lines can stay this way forever. Honestly, the park itself was crowded so I was surprised to see everything go so quick. It felt like a special event or something with how short everything was. Really curious to see how this fares during Halloween time (which was ALWAYS unbearably crowded) and Christmas (which had its good and bad days).
It's too cheap not to

Now ROTR that is a different story but people will pay 20 bucks for the new paid FP

I don't know, $20 for every person in your group builds up. I never got MaxPass because none of my group could agree to get it for any single trip. I think tourists will opt in, but APs may not, which is a huge part of the problem IMO

I don't know, $20 for every person in your group builds up. I never got MaxPass because none of my group could agree to get it for any single trip. I think tourists will opt in, but APs may not, which is a huge part of the problem IMO
As someone who is/was a tourist, it helped a ton because I was able to get so many Mission Breakout and Indy FPs. So hoping it will be like that.

So round up of Disney News this week

Christmas time is coming back and looks like we get the parade and fireworks.

The Starcade is reopen as the Magic Keys Lounge and has chairs to relax in/charge your phone along with some cool photo ops (open noon to 7)

Also check day's you might be going the next two months some days now have some short days, some of these due to the DCA halloween party and others just because.

The announcement of Merriest Nites this morning hurt my feelings a little bit. As of now, it's only on 5 select nights but if it gets popular, theres no doubt they'll expand dates in the future. I'm usually not the guy who complains about Disney's every move, but this is just outrageous. The holidays are my favorite time to visit the park and I would love to still be able to experience a full day without paying for an after-hours event.

Dear future me, what happens?

Got back from the Parks
Weekdays still seem pretty good if you want to not wait in many lines

Saturday picked up a good amount of people, Friday was great but after the Fireworks the lines got really long again because Magic Keys are in by then.
DCA has Halloween music and Projection mapping on the Carthy Circle Theater even when the event isn't happening which is great, makes me want to go to the Bash even more next year.

Disneyland has some cool Halloween stuff but I think they need to add some more after 20 years, the DCA stuff for Halloween all feels great and kinda prefer it, especially with the halloween music playing in some area's of the park.

I agree. But it doesn't matter, people will pay it anyways and it will sell out like always.
There was some 500 dollar Jungle Cruise event that sold out at 500 bucks

So I agree

I dont even mind a 200 dollar event but make it Unique. a 20+ year old parade and fireworks with some characters thats not even close to what we get from Oggie and that event is more than half the price