Disney's Animal Kingdom (General Discussion) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Animal Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Bruh it ain’t gatekeeping to think Zootopia doesn’t fit. There’s plenty of other attraction ideas they can entertain and build.
So what are these other IP based attractions that would fit the theme of the park? We know that any new attraction would need to be IP based and most likely be a "land". I am just curious as to what is deemed as an attraction that fits the parks theme, yet is realistic based on current trends. If it were up to me I would like for them to add an animal exhibit with an animal featured in whatever IP they chose, however I don't see that happening as animals are not where the money is.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
So what are these other IP based attractions that would fit the theme of the park? We know that any new attraction would need to be IP based and most likely be a "land". I am just curious as to what is deemed as an attraction that fits the parks theme, yet is realistic based on current trends. If it were up to me I would like for them to add an animal exhibit with an animal featured in whatever IP they chose, however I don't see that happening as animals are not where the money is.
A Jungle Book ride based on the 2016 remake would be preferred by me OR a clone of Mystic Manor. Neither seem likely though. I’d even take Indy in a South America themed land over Zootopia (and I’m not a huge fan of that idea tbh), but again, doubtful.

I think if they are really happy with Zootopia in SHDL, it’s just a really easy IP ride to clone. To current management, they don’t understand why Zootopia shouldn’t be in DAK.

Not that it matters but I've always thought that they could do a Soarin' style ride for the Great Barrier Reef and then have a dark ride for going walkabout and that gives a two-ride land for Australia. They could incorporate animals such as koalas and other Australian animals into exhibits within the area.

It literally doesn’t have to be something already being build. Have some standards for gods sake.

So nothing then. I am not saying it has to be something already being built. I was asking for some realistic options not fantasy that have 0 chance of being built because it doesn't make financial sense. Nick came up with Jungle Book, now that is a cool option. It meets the requirement for new attractions having an IP and could a nice land with maybe an animal exhibit or two.

Glad to hear Nemo is coming back. Wish they had spent the money on a new show to replace BatB or LM at DHS too, though.

It literally doesn’t have to be something already being build. Have some standards for gods sake.
There’s standards, and there’s also realistic standards. For example I feel I’ve shown what my general standards are for the park in my most recent post. I’d love everything to be on the same level as the theming is around the park. Innovative ideas would be great. But I know what to expect from Disney at this point and I’m not going to talk myself into thinking we’re going to get what we all actually want like EPCOT Center fans delusionally thought for years.

I think Lion King is infinitely more likely than Jungle Book, but even that I wouldn't bet on.

It's..a somewhat fair point to consider, considering the Barry Jenkins project at the Live Action department moving forward. But yeah; there's other IP that would be more likely for investment than that.

A Jungle Book ride based on the 2016 remake would be preferred by me OR a clone of Mystic Manor. Neither seem likely though. I’d even take Indy in a South America themed land over Zootopia (and I’m not a huge fan of that idea tbh), but again, doubtful.

I think if they are really happy with Zootopia in SHDL, it’s just a really easy IP ride to clone. To current management, they don’t understand why Zootopia shouldn’t be in DAK.

I've been on the Indy South America train for a while, only for a few reasons.

One being, Disney's past in wanting to retheme attractions leading itself well to have them excuse retheming Dinosaur into something it wasn't meant to be; and adding animals and wildlife from the region to Animal Kingdom. I'd even take a Harambe like area in that situation.

But yeah, I'd bet Zootopia. I don't want it, but corpo probably sees it as the more potential financial success on a merchandising front; assuming Shanghai is a success as you said.

Reactions: Nick
It's..a somewhat fair point to consider, considering the Barry Jenkins project at the Live Action department moving forward. But yeah; there's other IP that would be more likely for investment than that.

I've been on the Indy South America train for a while, only for a few reasons.

One being, Disney's past in wanting to retheme attractions leading itself well to have them excuse retheming Dinosaur into something it wasn't meant to be; and adding animals and wildlife from the region to Animal Kingdom. I'd even take a Harambe like area in that situation.

But yeah, I'd bet Zootopia. I don't want it, but corpo probably sees it as the more potential financial success on a merchandising front; assuming Shanghai is a success as you said.
There was room for a LK ride in the expanded Harambe section next to the new theater. They built a Club 33 location instead.

That is unforgivably bad show (and I'm hoping it's the camera, but it sure looks WAY too bright in there).

The ride should be down until the AA is fixed. Especially if you're not going to completely black-out the broken effect until then.

That is unforgivably bad show (and I'm hoping it's the camera, but it sure looks WAY too bright in there).

The ride should be down until the AA is fixed. Especially if you're not going to completely black-out the broken effect until then.

Its a low Light camera.

So, I saw a POV of RSR at DCA and two figures were broken there (Sherif and the first Mater) and it reminded me of this. I'm willing to bet Disney's starting to run into supply chain issues for parts to service these AAs. Things could be delayed, back ordered, or just wrong. As someone in manufacturing, I could see this be a temporary issue.

Reactions: belloq87
So, I saw a POV of RSR at DCA and two figures were broken there (Sherif and the first Mater) and it reminded me of this. I'm willing to bet Disney's starting to run into supply chain issues for parts to service these AAs. Things could be delayed, back ordered, or just wrong. As someone in manufacturing, I could see this be a temporary issue.

That what it sounds like, since there's reported AA issues with DL's PoTC which just reopened after it's refurbishment. They just haven't received the replacement parts they need and until they do it's gonna' be a tad awkward.

Reactions: belloq87