Disney's Animal Kingdom (General Discussion) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Animal Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If they replaced Dinoland with Zootopia or something else related to animals and/or nature, AK would be less than a half of day for guests within a few years or so. There’s an Expansion pad up north that is surrounded by existing theme areas like Africa and Planet Watch they could build while a Dinoland replacement could either be an Asia expansion with a couple of IP’s like suggested before or a continent that never have its own theme area at the park like South America or Australia.

As awesome CTX/Dinosaur is as an attraction, Dinoland is one of the weakest parts of AK and their own movies they had made related to Extinct animals underperformed. Maybe they could replace the Theater In The Wild and the recently demolished Primeval Whirl with Ice Age, since they now own the Fox Entertainment division and the IP itself has its own potential in theme parks. But this would require a new name for the area like “Extinction USA” or something.

Honestly, all Dinoland needs is to get rid of the Dinorama theme, put a Slinky Dog style coaster, and one more flat ride.

The Dinoland theme is fine, just not the Dinorama portion of it.
In a perfect world i'd really love an RMC in Dinoland and to pull the Excavator plans off the shelf and repurpose it, but an RMC is probably too intense for what Disney wants. I guess something like Slinky would be the next thing that i'd be fine with.

In a perfect world i'd really love an RMC in Dinoland and to pull the Excavator plans off the shelf and repurpose it, but an RMC is probably too intense for what Disney wants. I guess something like Slinky would be the next thing that i'd be fine with.
Yes, a Slinky like coaster would help. With Everest already present in the park, I would highly doubt Disney would add any high thrill coaster to a park whose clientele is very young kids oriented.

An RMC that is highly themed is a dream, but it won't happen at Disney. Would ideally love for them to turn the area and DInosaur into Indiana Jones, but I'm expecting some much more simplistic in the Chapek era.

I'd ideally like for them to find a way to get two rides out of the Primeval Whirl plot, but I suspect it will just be one (if and when they finally do something with that land).

I think an RMC family coaster would work great. It could have their smooth hybrid feel but lower on the thrill end (i.e. No loops or 90 degree drops). A hybrid with a wood structure would fit more thematically than a steel coaster but that is just my opinion.

Why do people want to replace all of Dinoland?!? CTX rocks, it has a huge playground, a popular quick service, and the only kids rides in the park. Sure Dinorama looks bad but they can do some place making there.

B-but, Indy!

Amusing how some of the same people concerned about thematic cohesion want Indy to replace Dino. :dance:

For a coaster, something like FLY could work. It's Vekoma and can easily be themed.

Why do people want to replace all of Dinoland?!? CTX rocks, it has a huge playground, a popular quick service, and the only kids rides in the park. Sure Dinorama looks bad but they can do some place making there.
Cause I want Joe Rohde to cry

Out of all the new family coaster/family flat ride models on the market today it's ridiculous that something hasn't been put here

I bet ya they spent a whole lot more on the kite show than a Vekoma family coaster would cost