Disney's California Adventure Overhaul | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's California Adventure Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To end the debate or start it not sure how about this,

The Little Mermaid Attraction was more expensive than the FJ...

To end the debate or start it not sure how about this,

The Little Mermaid Attraction was more expensive than the FJ...

Little Mermaid cost around $100 mil, correct? That includes projections, multiple large full-functioning AA's (Ariel 1, Ursula, Triton, Ariel 4, Eric 2), smaller/less detailed movement AA's (Scuttle 1 & 2, Ariel 2 & 3, Sebastian, Flotsam & Jetsam) , restructuring the entire building, audio, etc.

Mater has a turn-table based ride system, non-moving scenery, and ride vehicles, with a POSSIBLE large semi-moving Mater (though I doubt he'll really move, it will probably just be audio).

There's just no way that they both cost $100 mil.

Little Mermaid cost around $100 mil, correct? That includes projections, multiple large full-functioning AA's (Ariel 1, Ursula, Triton, Ariel 4, Eric 2), smaller/less detailed movement AA's (Scuttle 1 & 2, Ariel 2 & 3, Sebastian, Flotsam & Jetsam) , restructuring the entire building, audio, etc.

Mater has a turn-table based ride system, non-moving scenery, and ride vehicles, with a POSSIBLE large semi-moving Mater (though I doubt he'll really move, it will probably just be audio).

There's just no way that they both cost $100 mil.

The whole idea that it is only a "family attraction" has nothing to do with how much a ride will cost. That being said, the concept art for Mater does not match what is being built. Therefore, it most likely does not have the same budget

The whole idea that it is only a "family attraction" has nothing to do with how much a ride will cost. That being said, the concept art for Mater does not match what is being built. Therefore, it most likely does not have the same budget

Not sure what you mean by this. I said nothing about the budget had to be lower because it's a family attraction. I was saying that Mermaid has about 10x the elements that Mater will feature, so to say that the cost is $100 mil because Disney can't stick to budget is a little far-fetched. Also, the second, "revised", concept art appears to be exactly what they're building.

Not sure what you mean by this. I said nothing about the budget had to be lower because it's a family attraction. I was saying that Mermaid has about 10x the elements that Mater will feature, so to say that the cost is $100 mil because Disney can't stick to budget is a little far-fetched. Also, the second, "revised", concept art appears to be exactly what they're building.

Uhm, I was agreeing with you? :lol:.....this whole thing got brought back up because someone said a "kids ride" couldn't cost this much.

Right. My point was I could see the original plans costing up to $100 million, but not this revised version that's under construction.

When everyone says Mater...are we talking about an AA or an attraction...no AA should cost 100million..I don't care of the complexity that is a waste

When everyone says Mater...are we talking about an AA or an attraction...no AA should cost 100million..I don't care of the complexity that is a waste

About the attraction, which is a tamer variation of the scrambler. There may or may not be an AA Mater. The original sketch implied that there would be an interactive Mater at the center of the attraction. That has been thrown into question by the revised sketches and the current construction. There will be a Mater, but whether or not he is an AA or just a static character remains to be seen (I'm betting on static).

saw this on another site and thought I would share it here as well. Entire animated POV of the upcoming Radiator Springs Racers. Don't know if will be online for too long so watch it while you can.

[video=youtube;wDKenpHoBUE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wDKenpHoBUE[/video]

I looked a few pages back and didn't find a video like this, so here it goes... It's the full Cars Land presentation from D23:

[video=youtube;0VbAdwsu6FY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VbAdwsu6FY&feature=related[/video]

I especially like the time lapse video at 28:25. RSR is massive and the theming/rock work is stunning! I think it will be more enjoyable than TT because of the racing element and the environment. Can't wait to visit California and ride this someday!

I think this area has more detail then the WWOHP. Anyone else think the same...

Updadte- http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/01/behind-the-wall-cars-land-at-disney-california-adventure-park-2/

Well we don't know for sure yet, as nobody has been inside. It's certainly possible, but then again, this cost twice as much as WWoHP, so I would hope it has more detail, but we haven't been on the ride or in the land. We'll find out in months.

Was that video that was removed the animated POV, or an actual POV from testing? If it's the animated POV, hasn't that been around for months (since D23)? Is it a new animated version? I saw an animated POV a long time ago. I'd always assumed I saw it here on OU :lol:

Edit: Just did some research. Apparently a new animated POV that includes the finale in the caves, correct?

Anybody manage to have a... I don't know... a "similar" type of video that they have on their computer that is in no way, shape or form the one that was taken down?

Last edited:
Was that video that was removed the animated POV, or an actual POV from testing? If it's the animated POV, hasn't that been around for months (since D23)? Is it a new animated version? I saw an animated POV a long time ago. I'd always assumed I saw it here on OU :lol:

Edit: Just did some research. Apparently a new animated POV that includes the finale in the caves, correct?

Anybody manage to have a... I don't know... a "similar" type of video that they have on their computer that is in no way, shape or form the one that was taken down?

It was an animated POV that was secretly taped from a presentation. I thought it was still pretty badly animated :lol:. Showed some details, but still missed a lot. I started watching, then stopped since I didn't want to spoil it for myself.

Huge new photo update over at Disneygeek!

They've started removing the other crap-tastic things from the Pier!
jfd2hrwiHu2F6.jpg

jjtQkNMC7QYow.jpg

Cars Land Progress
jvisuJKy29Qv2.jpg

jGZaAnhcQOOFE.jpg

jbkKgLYlWsIRgC.jpg

RSR looks like it'll be so much fun!
j6Xw77vbqBLjJ.jpg

A look down Route 66
jMV4nabLWPyAn.jpg

Carthay Progress
joMKOvuaCFsEm.jpg