Disney's California Adventure Overhaul | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's California Adventure Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This expansion (despite being wildly overpriced) really does have me excited. The only problem is that I'm pretty sure that after I visit it, my reaction will be similar to old man Herbert's...

[video=youtube;IfmBSfeXDsc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfmBSfeXDsc[/video]

I'm not quite sure about scale, but having looked at pics of the real Carthay, I'd say the main tower doesn't look at rotund or tall as the real Carthay.

la0625foxcarthaycirclen.jpg

Skip has a source that said it was over budget by a lot. It is "officially" budgeted by WDI at over $200 mil.

Is Carthay full scale or something else. Also, some have spoken of Cars Land going over budget but I can find no links to credible news that this is the case. Any idea where this news came from?

Don't know about the scale in regards to the real thing, but the DCA one will be a restaurant/club called the Carthay Circle Theater (even though it's not a theater.......it's a restaurant :bonk:)

And IDK about Cars Land's price. It may have been reported somewhere but it was most likely an "insider" source leak since Disney isn't dumb enough to disclose how much money they blow on something still in progress.

Don't know about the scale in regards to the real thing, but the DCA one will be a restaurant/club called the Carthay Circle Theater (even though it's not a theater.......it's a restaurant :bonk:)

And IDK about Cars Land's price. It may have been reported somewhere but it was most likely an "insider" source leak since Disney isn't dumb enough to disclose how much money they blow on something still in progress.

The initial plan was for the theater to feature a new version of the Walt Disney Story, however this was altered after ... who knows?

Photo update over at Westcoaster

010912-dca003-sm.jpg

hHere's a theater that isn't a theater but will be called a theater but is actually a restaurant.

010912-dca005-sm.jpg

But it's starting to look very pretty.

010912-dca014-sm.jpg

On to Cars Land... here's a tractor.

010912-dca019-sm.jpg

And in a few months, no more tractors...

010912-dca035-sm.jpg

Looks impressive!

010912-dca039-sm.jpg

And the theater from above.

The new additions look breathtaking, but the park as a whole still looks like a jumbled mess :shrug:

Eh, everything's a jumbled mess these days. Simpsons is in the "World Expo", Harry Potter's right nestled in the jungles of JP, Finding Nemo is in Tomorrowland, etc. At least DCA is getting more solid themes (the Victorian boardwalk, the 20's Burbank, Radiator Springs).

Eh, everything's a jumbled mess these days. Simpsons is in the "World Expo", Harry Potter's right nestled in the jungles of JP, Finding Nemo is in Tomorrowland, etc. At least DCA is getting more solid themes (the Victorian boardwalk, the 20's Burbank, Radiator Springs).

Sadly you're right. I just can't help but like everything less when I look at the whole park. But don't get me wrong, I love what they're doing.

I know someone who's worked on RSRs.

The money that's been spent on that one ride is criminal.

It looks good...but not for the money that's been thrown at it.

I know someone who's worked on RSRs.

The money that's been spent on that one ride is criminal.

It looks good...but not for the money that's been thrown at it.

What is RSRs?
Otherwise, not sure how this could go over budget. Lots of steel, concrete themeing and tried and true ride tech. Perhaps the budget was 'over any budget' for what it is before they started construction? It is stupid big for what it is or will be. It's like DisneySea meets Tomorrowland Speedway.

What is RSRs?
Otherwise, not sure how this could go over budget. Lots of steel, concrete themeing and tried and true ride tech. Perhaps the budget was 'over any budget' for what it is before they started construction? It is stupid big for what it is or will be. It's like DisneySea meets Tomorrowland Speedway.

Radiator Springs Racers.

What is RSRs?

Radiator Springs Racers. And I mean it IS using an updated Test Track ride system and some nice animatronics...

But it still shouldn't cost what it does.

Does anyone know what Test Track cost to be built?

If it cost say $100 mil back then, it could cost around $140 mil to build now. Yes the technology was probably way more expensive back then, but it's also an updated version of that tech.

400 Million? I want to see the invoices, I mean they have to be spending like $35 for a hammer like the government does.