Disney's California Adventure Overhaul | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's California Adventure Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Radiator Springs Racers. And I mean it IS using an updated Test Track ride system and some nice animatronics...

But it still shouldn't cost what it does.

Not to mention, part of the ride programming is going to the ride's finale of having a side by side RACE with another ride vehicle.

I originally said that $400 mil was astronomical and unbelievable, if not an outright fabrication. Then I heard that Mermaid cost a cool $100 mil... it suddenly became less absurd.

Potter sucks! :lol:
Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

We get it... Got anything else to add to the discussion?

I add whatever I want to add..... I forgot that I wrote that a while back. lol

Anyways, the land doesn't have to be open to tell that its going to be great. You can tell threw the pictures and videos. All the detail and money that was put into it will really be worth it. If you watch the films, and look at the construction pictures, it looks identical.

^While I will probably agree once it opens, the main "awe" in the pictures is the rockwork, which is just something to look at. Hell, at least WWoHP makes sense in terms of human characters. What half-a$$ed or non-existent explanation will Disney have in explaining that flesh and blood people can walk through a world comprised entirely of talking cars?

I don't understand why the argument is there to begin with. They are spending twice as much (to our knowledge) on Cars Land that they put into WWoHP. If you want to compare something dollar-for-dollar, you can compare the $100 million Little Mermaid to the $100 Forbidden Journey, if you like. And while we're on the subject of things looking exactly like the films...

Film:
tumblr_lodbfx0JCK1qmr448o1_r1_500.jpg

Reality:

BB_Vert_Honeydukes1_tcm13-14026.jpg

Film:

Dumbledore%27s_office_UE_booklet_1.jpg

Reality:

52923488.jpg

I could go on, but you get the point.

^While I will probably agree once it opens, the main "awe" in the pictures is the rockwork, which is just something to look at. Hell, at least WWoHP makes sense in terms of human characters. What half-a$$ed or non-existent explanation will Disney have in explaining that flesh and blood people can walk through a world comprised entirely of talking cars?

Cars is full of half-baked or non-existent explanations as is. First of all...WHY DO THEY HAVE DOORS!? I mean seriously. What possible purpose do they have for doors. But I digress...

As for Carsland being "better" than Potter, it damn well better be. The entire thing costs nearly triple the amount of WWoHP, and the main attraction costs at least 4 times the amount Forbidden Journey has cost. If it's not significantly better in every respect, Disney has one mighty expensive creative failure on their hands.

I expect better from Pixar. The movie's concept has always be a pretty poor one, and it reflects on the two movies, which turned out pretty poor.

They're not Up or The Incredibles, but they're not supposed to be. They're just supposed to be fun, which they are. That's why kids eat them up. If you pick it up and analyze it, it's going to suck. But if you just take it at face value, it's not as terrible as people make it out to be.

They're not Up or The Incredibles, but they're not supposed to be. They're just supposed to be fun, which they are. That's why kids eat them up. If you pick it up and analyze it, it's going to suck. But if you just take it at face value, it's not as terrible as people make it out to be.

Which is why they fail. Pixar isn't the superficial animation company.

Cars is something I'd expect from early 2000s Disney. Not Pixar.

And the fact that it will have the "largest land at Disneyland resort" makes me want to puke.

Which is why they fail. Pixar isn't the superficial animation company.

Cars is something I'd expect from early 2000s Disney. Not Pixar.

And the fact that it will have the "largest land at Disneyland resort" makes me want to puke.

I'm not arguing whether or not Pixar should have made the movie, but does making films like "American Pie" make Universal's films like "To Kill A Mockingbird" any less credible? As the company grows, it's going to start making different kinds of movies. Not everything is going to be for everyone.

And yeah, Cars the movie doesn't deserve it. But maybe what they're building will.