Disney's California Adventure Overhaul | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's California Adventure Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
MiceAge has posted some great new photos of the progress from their recent visit.

The Red Car Trolley stop just past the entrance is getting finished:

is.php

Detail work is emerging on the monorail bridge:

is.php

The Grizzly River Run attraction has reopened after its long refurb to axe the X Games theme in favor of a more Disney appropriate national park theme:

is.php

Cars Land is really beginning to feel like a little town:

is.php

Radiator Springs Racers is forging ahead with tests of the ride vehicles:

is.php

Cannot wait to see Carsland in person. Its looking like a true contender for one of Disney's best creations to date. Please don't disappoint!

Good to hear they took the crap out of Grizzly. It's the little touches like that which can go a long way to making things right in DCA.

Westcoaster posted some good photos in their most recent update.

Signage and architectural details are looking pretty great on the buildings of Buena Vista Street:

031912-dca011-lrg.jpg

The Radiator Springs Courthouse is looking as snazzy as a courthouse can:

031912-dca025-lrg.jpg

Ornament Valley (the track for Radiator Springs Racers) looks absolutely mindblowing in terms of scale:

031912-dca027-lrg.jpg

Additionally, MiceChat popped by DCA also and snapped some great pics as well.

A wonderful shot of the entrance that encompasses the re-do of the park perfectly:

IMG0322-X2.jpg

The area just beyond the entrance gates is getting finished up:

IMG0296-X2.jpg

A pic taken from the monorail with a look down towards the Carthay Circle (new hub of the park):

IMG0376-X2.jpg

To ensure DCA is in as tip-top-shape as it can be with the official reworking of the park, various Hollywood structures have been repainted recently:

IMG0534-X2.jpg

A great shot of the jukebox located center stage in Mater's Junkyard Jamboree:

6991962771e95a6c8945o-X2.jpg

^It was really nothing much, I mean I will not be reading any spoilers for it but went ahead and watched it since it came from Disney. Also most of the sections they show are outside and are looking "unfinished".

^It was really nothing much, I mean I will not be reading any spoilers for it but went ahead and watched it since it came from Disney. Also most of the sections they show are outside and are looking "unfinished".

Please respect my not being a spoiler whore.

No lol I'm kidding. I'll read PLENTY of reviews and reactions about it to see what people think, no problem. But I usually like to refrain from watching any video footage beforehand.

Aerial Pic

i91HFM4WajkT5.JPG

Source

Also, Disneygeek ventured out to the parks and has a new update.

Buena Vista Street continually looks better with every sight of it:

iEaHOxyF7e7pX.jpg

ibesXtnwjrotlr.jpg

Sections of Hollywood went under the knife to make them fancier than before, such as the makeover this facade received:

ieWmuGgMNeX4n.jpg

Parts of elecTRONica have already been removed in conjunction with the theme switch to Burton's Alice in Wonderland:

iSvP4sj6q4oBn.jpg

New Streetmosphere for DCA's Entrance Area

An Entertaining Cast of Characters for Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure Park

When you enter Disney California Adventure park this summer, you’ll step back in time to Los Angeles of the 1920s and ‘30s on Buena Vista Street. One of the keys to creating a truly immersive environment like this is populating it with interesting and believable characters, so Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment has been hard at work developing the unique personalities and show experiences that will bring the new entrance avenue to life.

cit118932SMALL.jpg

Buena Vista Street is alive with optimism and opportunity. It’s a boulevard of dreams and dreamers… like the Citizens of Buena Vista Street. This cast of characters will interact with guests in this area of the park, creating impromptu laughs, smiles and memories wherever they go.

new228914SMALL.jpg

The Red Car News Boys roll into town on one of the shiny Red Car Trolleys, belting out “California, Here I Come!” Inspired by the spirit and style of Disney’s “Newsies,” the Red Car News Boys bring the latest headlines and engage their audience with fun songs of the ‘20s and ‘30s.

fiv338912SMALL.jpg

Over “On the Sunny Side of the Street,” the musical group Five & Dime arrives in Carthay Circle to jazz things up. This ensemble of friends and relations, headed up by a vivacious singer named Dime, has travelled down Route 66 all the way from Chicago in the hopes of making it big. Like everyone who comes to Buena Vista Street, great things await them just around the corner!

Stay tuned. We’ll have more to share about these entertaining new offerings coming to Disney California Adventure park as we get closer to the opening of Buena Vista Street on June 15.

From Disney Parks Blog

Has that "Intolerance" set piece always been in the theme park or is it new? It is the pedestal with the elephant on top. Even so, it must be only half scale as the original made DisneySea look rinky-dink. Just to give you the scale of the original movie set:

hollywood+highland+dw+griffith+intolerance+original+set+1916.jpg

Yep its always been there, the only difference now is that the part in-between them, that had "Hollywood Pictures Backlot" on it, is now gone.

Here is the first pic I found from google images with how it used to look.
dca_pk07.jpg

I am digging the Red Car Trolly stuff. Newises? Wow. Way to sneak in some obscure Disney there. It helps that it was recently put on broadway I guess as well. Any excuse to get that hollywood glitz and pre glitzy time period in there. I am digging it.

From Al Lutz at MiceAge:

"The Intolerance elephants and the Taste Pilots Grill plane were removed yesterday. The elephants were long planned for removal, but the plane rehab was a late request from John Lasseter who gave Bob Iger a list of things to approve during Iger's latest Anaheim visit last month. Not wanting to let Lasseter have all the glory, Iger demanded that the big oak tree in front of the Practical Cafe be moved over 15 feet, at considerable expense. Lasseter returns this Friday to check on his list of fixes for DCA, and the revolving Condor Flats marquee is now in his gunsights to be rethemed. After spending 1.2 Billion to fix DCA, these last 60 days of construction will be a whirlwind of extra free money from the Burbank brass. Anaheim hasn't had it this good since Walt was here!"

Video released by WDI showing off some of the technology used to create Cars Land:

[video=youtube;4lKysU6Ian0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4lKysU6Ian0[/video]