Disney's California Adventure Overhaul | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's California Adventure Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ha, so there using CAVE technology to design rides but not in their rides?? I just don't understand WDI sometimes. I mean years ago there were rumors of adding this exact tech to the Great Movie Ride but it never happened. Its been on the table so many times and while there is a chance we will see in Ratatouille, it just cracks me up the first time I see WDI using CAVE tech is in a ride design sim.

From Disney Parks Blog

onr396753SMALL.jpg

A couple more pics from the Disney Parks Blog

cac509753SMALL.jpg

lrr396424SMALL.jpg

rad30643SMALL.jpg

--- Update ---

No thanks to both. But if I had to choose, I'd choose the land that won't be dated 10 years from now.

Cars are always going to be around so I disagree. If anything it would be a classic.

Last edited:
Cars and Cars are two incredibly separate things.

And Cars 2 did significantly worse in the US market than Cars, so IDK how popular the franchise is overall.

It'll be a huge success this year though. No doubt.

I meant like automobiles, and this is what this land is about. "Cars" are always going to be around, of course technology might change what we know of cars now but there always going to be here. You can go into this land without knowing what the movie is about and still enjoy it, like the WWOHP. But let me keep quite until it opens. :-X

Last edited:
No, that's what the design of the land was originally about. Before Lasseter took over and force fed his baby into it. There's nothing about car culture here.

They put familiar faces and took scenes from the movies and made them physical, but its still about "cars/automobiles". It makes the land more kid friendly and more Disney. Of course there's car culture here.

Last edited:
They put familiar faces and took scenes from the movies and made them physical, but its still about "cars/automobiles". It makes the land more kid friendly and more Disney. Of course there's car culture here.

Dude, Carsland is about car culture in the same way Transformers is.

And "more Disney"? Please.:rolleyes:

What's with the waterfall??? There aren't waterfalls in that desert. :stunned:

It's in the movie.