Disney's California Adventure Overhaul | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's California Adventure Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disney just launched what appeared to be the first CA national ad during the Disney Modern Family episode. It was all Cars Land.
If this has already been posted, sorry.

From Disney Parks Blog (It all looks yummy!)

The exciting new Carthay Circle Restaurant opens Friday, June 15, at Disney California Adventure park, with reservations open beginning today.

Recalling the grandeur of the original Carthay Circle Theatre in Los Angeles, where “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” premiered in 1937, the Spanish Colonia Revival-style restaurant is a warm setting to showcase contemporary Southern California cuisine – seasonal, artisanal ingredients; locally sourced produce, seafood and meats; hand-crafted cocktails, and California craft beers and wines.

Award-winning Executive Chef Andrew Sutton of Napa Rose brings his second concept to the Disneyland Resort, this time focusing on seasonal products and the diverse flavors found in Southern California. His protégé, Gloria Tae, also from Napa Rose, will be at the helm of the kitchen, while Chef Andrew will split his time as executive chef between Napa Rose and Carthay Circle Restaurant. “The culinary team is a group of true artists with passion and confidence for creating delicious food,” says Sutton.

rcc839467LARGE.jpg

rcc641156LARGE.jpg

Southern California’s cultural diversity is the foundation for the global flavors. For lunch, there are delectable tastes such as crispy firecracker duck wings finished with soy, lime and Sriracha chili sauce; sautéed northern halibut with roasted red bell pepper, caperberry and orange relish; and Angus flank steak cobb salad with Mine Shaft Blue Cheese, bacon, avocado and arugula with Cabernet essence.

rcc380467LARGE.jpg

The dinner menu showcases entrées like Colorado rack of lamb with fried zucchini blossoms, fennel puree and summer succotash; grilled Jamaican jerked kingfish with a tropical salsa of pineapple, mango, black beans and lime; and strawberry-lemon roasted organic chicken salad with jicama, haricot verts, upland cress (greens) and buttermilk-lemon vinaigrette.

rcc930467LARGE.jpg

You’ll want to save room for seasonal desserts, including toasted lemon pound cake with fresh marinated blueberries, lemon curd cream and Tahitian vanilla chantilly, and “Peaches In All Their Glory” with peach and white chocolate cannolis with fresh grilled peaches and peach sorbet. (But we think the best-seller just might be the fried banana split Monte Cristo sundae with raspberry and chocolate fudge ice creams, toffee nuts and warm caramel rum bananas.)

The 256-seat restaurant (200 inside, 56 on a terrace) on the second floor of the building is open daily for lunch and dinner. Diners at Carthay Circle Restaurant can also enjoy reserved center stage viewing at the World of Color nighttime spectacular. To request reservations, call 714-781-DINE, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., or email reservation requests to dine@disneyland.com.

Additionally, MiceChat has another great photo update! The big development this week is the the "theming" of the nighttime party based on a Tim Burton movie. :rolleyes:

ib2don74dD8boB.jpg

ineFWq5B2ToGH.jpg

iBarXXxk1ktuR.jpg

The FastPass location for Radiator Springs Racers will be all the way in A Bug's Land (for some reason......)

jZy8Qx9qvpabV.jpg

Route 66 has a new middle white line:

ibwoE8fWioArhg.jpg

John Lasseter wanted the plane gone, and in the meantime they've slapped a tarp over the holes:

iOTok5obQhlwK.jpg

Foods to be served at the Cozy Cone from Disney Foods Blog:

Cone Number 1
Churro bites with cinnamon-chocolate sauce, cinnamon-spiced hot cocoa, and Ramone’s Pear of Dice Soda made with dessert pear syrup, mojito syrup and Sprite.

Cone Number 2
Soft-serve ice cream and “route” beer floats.

Cone Number 3
Savory bites all served in edible bread cones, such as a bacon-scrambled egg cone for breakfast, chicken verde or chili “cone” queso for lunch and dinner.

Specialty beverages are Fillmore’s Fuelin’ Groovy Ades, all-natural lemonade with wild berry foam, or pomegranate limeade with lemon-lime foam.

Cone Number 4
Serves pretzel bites with cheesy sauce and Red’s Apple Freeze, a fat-free, frozen concoction with apple juice, toasted marshmallow syrup and passion fruit-mango foam.

Cone Number 5
Two flavored popcorns daily, such as dill pickle and sweet & spicy. Other flavors include bacon and cheddar, nacho cheese, salt and vinegar. Specialty drink is Doc’s Wild Grape Tonic (Sprite with wild grape syrup and wild berry foam).

Sounds delicious and it looks like with all that "foam"... Disney is really trying to move in on the Butterbeer business...

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Also, I think the FastPass is in Bug's Land in order to relieve congestion at the front of RSR. The entire land bottlenecks at that ride... FP Distribution there would be a nightmare. Although... having it all the way in another land could be just as bad lol!

Also, I think the FastPass is in Bug's Land in order to relieve congestion at the front of RSR. The entire land bottlenecks at that ride... FP Distribution there would be a nightmare. Although... having it all the way in another land could be just as bad lol!

I get what they were trying to do with that...but I'm not sure how well it will work. They better make sure everyone knows the FP for RSR isn't in Carsland, or they'll have a lot of annoyed people.

No it doesn't it works as a separate system. Plus, even as a somewhat "local" I love the WoC FP. There is nothing worse than the locals who wait at Fantasmic all day for their relatives (hours and hours in advance). It's nice to be able to see a show without having to wait for hours on end.

No it doesn't it works as a separate system. Plus, even as a somewhat "local" I love the WoC FP. There is nothing worse than the locals who wait at Fantasmic all day for their relatives (hours and hours in advance). It's nice to be able to see a show without having to wait for hours on end.

Okay cool. I'm going in the fall and that's one of the things I was curious about.

From Disney Parks Blog:

Here to welcome their “Cars” friends to Cars Land at Disney California Adventure park, Mandy and Mona Monorails began making trips around the resort yesterday – and they will soon be joined by a third friend, Manny Monorail. You can tell each by their colors: Mandy Monorail is blue, Mona Monorail is orange and Manny Monorail will be red.
mon226785SMALL.jpg

Each Monorail has its own personality, which Disneyland Resort guests will certainly hear when riding. Manny, Mandy and Mona Monorails are taking charge of the overhead announcements themselves – providing a new experience along the “Highway in the Sky.”