Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines

I ended up getting an Oga’s reservation for Sept 7. A bunch were added yesterday afternoon. Guessing they are allowing more patrons into the bar now.

More entertainment returning. The schedule of these returning seems done pretty much on purpose so vloggers have a reason to come back every week.
Wonderful World of Animation - August 1st
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor - August 8th
Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage - August 15th
Turtle Talk With Crush - August 21

Disney is smart to do it, Honestly they have seen besides reviews being low they can slowly open lands or whatever and get lots of eyes on them

More entertainment returning. The schedule of these returning seems done pretty much on purpose so vloggers have a reason to come back every week.
Wonderful World of Animation - August 1st
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor - August 8th
Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage - August 15th
Turtle Talk With Crush - August 21

Good to see, but disappointed Indiana Jones isn't on that list.

I ended up getting an Oga’s reservation for Sept 7. A bunch were added yesterday afternoon. Guessing they are allowing more patrons into the bar now.
I was able to get a walk up reservation at Oga's on a pretty crowded weekend day at the park. The time it took to get a text for Oga's was around 5 minutes.

The right call but it does suck for those without masks or very few and are stuck in the middle of a vacation trying to get more.

The right call but it does suck for those without masks or very few and are stuck in the middle of a vacation trying to get more.
Ehhh… we’re 16 months into this thing. Even with not wearing masks, I always carry one or two on me in case I need one. Likewise, reusable masks should be an essential packing piece in 2021 (especially since you need to wear them on planes).

I'm just disappointed

I understand its not the end of the world but man, it sucks buying tickets being ready and guess what? You can't have cool pictures of yourself in the Cantina or on ROTS for the first time..I have to have some crappy mask photo.
For those who go alot...congrats but this suckkkkkks

5c32051e-01bd-415a-b050-33efe041cea0.jpg

Just posted on WDW Magic: Disney will require all WDW salaried and non union cast members to be vaccinated against covid. Employees have 60 days to comply...Discussions
with Unions on union employees is underway....and...All new employees will be required to have been fully vaccinated.
That’s huge if true.

I’m at MK for what wil be the last time for me in likely a long time (only because I will no longer have admittance, not because of guidelines). Not sure if this is known, but they are requiring masks on ALL rides, whether they are indoor or outdoor rides.

They are being very strict about “no mask, no ride”, meaning you cannot enter the actual queue without one on and if they see someone with it down in the queue they are asking to put it up.

From what I saw though, it was very high compliance in the queues and much higher compliance just walking around outside than it had been recently.

Last edited:
So this mask update is going into effect tomorrow, masks are no longer required for outdoor attractions and waiting in outdoor queues.

Keep in mind, for the attractions it's only for those that are fully outdoors. If they go indoors at any point, masks are still required.

Last edited: