Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

That said, DHS needs a lot of help. Not quite as muchas DAK, but both parks should be getting billions poured into them as far as I’m concerned.

On MuppetVision, it needs a 4K remaster. Other than that it’s good.

I may be incorrect, but I'm pretty sure MuppetVision got updated to 4K a few years back? It's pretty good quality right now, though the 3D effect can be a bit janky during certain portions of the show.

The building is filled with mold due to the AC not running during Covid closure along with other issues so I’m never expecting it to return.

That makes sense. Wonder if Disney would try to reinvest in revamping the building to offer another show in there? Or some other attraction to be able to utilize that real estate on that side of the park?

That makes sense. Wonder if Disney would try to reinvest in revamping the building to offer another show in there? Or some other attraction to be able to utilize that real estate on that side of the park?
I’ve said it time and time again, but let’s just go one more time… I’d rather they demolish this building, the animation building and the Disney Junior building and invest in a few rides and some food locations back there.

I’ve said it time and time again, but let’s just go one more time… I’d rather they demolish this building, the animation building and the Disney Junior building and invest in a few rides and some food locations back there.

They really do need a couple more rides. With RockNRollercoaster down it feels like they don't have too much.

When I went in November for the first time I did need Genie+ to ride most of the stuff but even then it felt like they needed a few more rides to really cut down on some queue wait times. With as few rides as they have it feels like they really can't afford to have any ride go down for a long time or run at half capacity or anything.

I did enjoy it but do wish there was a bit more.

I found it hilarious that Bob Iger was very confused why the parks were crowded yet expensive. My dude, you were around when FP+ came out you know you didn't invest in ride capacity for decades!

A lot of offices in there, and after consolidating other places I doubt they have the flexibility to ditch those.

A lot of offices in there, and after consolidating other places I doubt they have the flexibility to ditch those.
If they tried they hard enough there’s gotta be a way to move offices (perhaps into multiple locations throughout the park) and still be able to get rid of Animation Building.

If they tried they hard enough there’s gotta be a way to move offices (perhaps into multiple locations throughout the park) and still be able to get rid of Animation Building.
I meant desk jobs unrelated to the park - finance, technology, industrial engineering, etc.

The Iger 4-days-a-week edict really put the squeeze on after they downsized their leased space (Celebration specifically) thinking there’d be more hybrid/hot-desking. Sure, they could bulldoze Feature and lease space somewhere off property like they’ve did with Technology, but when you do that some people inevitably get screwed over on the commute change and start looking for new jobs.

I get how it happened, but figuratively I don’t understand how you build a theme park that is so space constrained from the beginning.

I meant desk jobs unrelated to the park - finance, technology, industrial engineering, etc.

The Iger 4-days-a-week edict really put the squeeze on after they downsized their leased space (Celebration specifically) thinking there’d be more hybrid/hot-desking. Sure, they could bulldoze Feature and lease space somewhere off property like they’ve did with Technology, but when you do that some people inevitably get screwed over on the commute change and start looking for new jobs.

I get how it happened, but figuratively I don’t understand how you build a theme park that is so space constrained from the beginning.
Turn the Starcruiser into offices once that thing goes under lol.

I know this is just me being hopeful, but I wish they’d turn the area that has Little Mermaid, Disney Jr, and Launch Bay into a full celebration of Disney Animation area. Mermaid can stay, or be upgraded to a modern property. Disney Jr seems good from what I’ve heard but I’ve never seen it, so easy way to have new characters for kids.

Launch Bay full changes though, Wreck It Ralph fantasyland style dark ride. To me, property lends itself to a simple dark ride, and while small, this would help capacity at the park in a big way. Area then has a show, ride, and a meet n greet/kids show. Would serve a lot of purposes

I know this is just me being hopeful, but I wish they’d turn the area that has Little Mermaid, Disney Jr, and Launch Bay into a full celebration of Disney Animation area. Mermaid can stay, or be upgraded to a modern property. Disney Jr seems good from what I’ve heard but I’ve never seen it, so easy way to have new characters for kids.

Launch Bay full changes though, Wreck It Ralph fantasyland style dark ride. To me, property lends itself to a simple dark ride, and while small, this would help capacity at the park in a big way. Area then has a show, ride, and a meet n greet/kids show. Would serve a lot of purposes

I would go with Tangled, Coco, or Encanto for a nice ride in that area. Then, I would find a way to connect the path that leads back there to the Toy Story Land area to provide another access point and not have it be a dead-end. I'm not too knowledgeable about how much space is there but it looks like two show buildings could be built there. Would need some of our better space interpreters to work on that.