Disney's NextGen Initiative | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's NextGen Initiative

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So pretty much just picks for you then? Im sure that fast pass for Nemo or the Land boat ride will be swell :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yep hit fast picks and your done, it is quite smart though. It picked space and thunders mountains, pirates and HM for me. When i tested it for other parks it kicked out suitable attractions, so it must be linked to age, gender etc...

So pretty much just picks for you then? Im sure that fast pass for Nemo or the Land boat ride will be swell :lol:

Yep hit fast picks and your done, it is quite smart though. It picked space and thunders mountains, pirates and HM for me. When i tested it for other parks it kicked out suitable attractions, so it must be linked to age, gender etc...[/QUOTE]

Sounds good will be interesting when Disney decides to implement this. Sorry to repeat my question but do you guys know if you get the entitlement if you buy Disney tickets through a third party instead of Disney directly?

Yep hit fast picks and your done, it is quite smart though. It picked space and thunders mountains, pirates and HM for me. When i tested it for other parks it kicked out suitable attractions, so it must be linked to age, gender etc...

Sounds good will be interesting when Disney decides to implement this. Sorry to repeat my question but do you guys know if you get the entitlement if you buy Disney tickets through a third party instead of Disney directly?[/QUOTE]

Good question, I think you will have to log in and link those tickets to your account in order to start reserving rides so as long as they are legit I would assume they would work.

I do believe you can link 3rd party to the My Disney Experience app or website, you can then use the same priviledges, such as FP+, as onsite guests.

Sounds good will be interesting when Disney decides to implement this. Sorry to repeat my question but do you guys know if you get the entitlement if you buy Disney tickets through a third party instead of Disney directly?

Good question, I think you will have to log in and link those tickets to your account in order to start reserving rides so as long as they are legit I would assume they would work.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys just want to make sure before I buy them :thumbs:

I guess i'll be FP
MK - Little Mermaid, Space Mountain and Seven Dwarves if it's open
AK - Expedition Everest (normally single queue it everytime, so be nice to go on with my fiance/wife at the time :lol:!) and Kali
HS - TS:MM, RnR and TOT
Epcot - Soarin, The Maelstorm and TT

Should help with queues a lot :mickeybar:

Yeah I am with Mike, I just don't know what to think of this. On one hand we barely use FP because running around getting them with young kids doesn't work. So having them in advance will be good, but at the same point, what will be left by the time we decide to go to that park and then with kids who knows if you will make that time. Of course that can happen with today's system when you go at 10 AM to get toy story and end up with a 7 PM time. So really that part is no different other than it does sound like I will be able to use my smartphone to change times while there. Which if you think others will be making changes too, there might be some available. I know we get pretty good ADR at the last minute.

This new system just might make the stand by lines that much more congested. Just have to wait and see once things are settled.

Rumour has it that regular FP will be history by the end of the month, if true I would expect big Qs in standby as not everyone will not be FP+ aware or tech savvy to join in.

Rumour has it that regular FP will be history by the end of the month, if true I would expect big Qs in standby as not everyone will not be FP+ aware or tech savvy to join in.

I have a feeling this is going to be a train wreck once its put out there for the masses and the regular fast pass machines are gone. I really do feel bad for the front line CMs who will have to deal with this. I dont think they will remove the regular machines until the FP+ is officially live, but i could be wrong :lol:

Yeah, they haven't even told pass holders how to get fast passes yet, so how in the world are they going to remove machines before doing that? Plus last I heard it was still in testing, but then again it seems everyone who has planned a vacation has been put into the program, so maybe testing is done. But they never tested regular ticket holders or annual pass holders.

I think it will be good once it's been going for a wee while and the kinks are ironed out. Mostly because I end up only using about 1 fast pass per park.

Yeah, they haven't even told pass holders how to get fast passes yet, so how in the world are they going to remove machines before doing that? Plus last I heard it was still in testing, but then again it seems everyone who has planned a vacation has been put into the program, so maybe testing is done. But they never tested regular ticket holders or annual pass holders.

Nope, we are going in October and staying on property. We can't make FP+ selections. Everytime I have logged in since my 60 day mark, it kicks up that learn more about FP+ screen. I am going to be highly upset if I get screwed in this deal.

Nope, we are going in October and staying on property. We can't make FP+ selections. Everytime I have logged in since my 60 day mark, it kicks up that learn more about FP+ screen. I am going to be highly upset if I get screwed in this deal.

I think you will be ok and might have to wait until the day of to make FP+ selections but since its not fully live you should still be able to get some decent times. Unless things change before then. Im headed over in December and havent heard a peep from them yet, but its still fairly early still.

I've heard the rumor about FP+ being rolled out by the end of the month in a few places, but with an added detail that that if they roll it out in fiscal year 2013 there are bonuses to be paid out. Hence the push. I have heard the regular FP machines will be around for a few months while they make the transition (but FP+ tickets won't work in them).

In DL I would agree with your passholder comment. Here at WDW they could not care less about the passholders being ready. It's all about the tourist dollars. As far as planning, from what I have heard they are happy with it, they are just slowly bringing more hotels online.

I have a feeling this is going to be a train wreck once its put out there for the masses and the regular fast pass machines are gone. I really do feel bad for the front line CMs who will have to deal with this. I dont think they will remove the regular machines until the FP+ is officially live, but i could be wrong :lol:

Even if they do pull the machines same day they would have to put a mass of CMs with ipads out there to let people who were unaware make their reservations, so at that point it would really be like going to pick up your first fast pass and getting your three for the day at once.

Just thought I'd throw this in here about the new entrances with no turnstiles.

Now of course I'm not promoting anyone do this, but a friend of mine and his girlfriend were able to walk right in the other day without scanning their tickets.

Just thought I'd throw this in here about the new entrances with no turnstiles.

Now of course I'm not promoting anyone do this, but a friend of mine and his girlfriend were able to walk right in the other day without scanning their tickets.

I'd be very interested to hear how given the number of CMs they have standing there.