Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

DreamWorks Destination - KidZone

Honestly? This looks bad even by last minute quick add standards. I genuinely wonder who thought it was a good idea to remove the benches. Also, the perimeter trees being replaced by big character clip art was a choice.
Finally, if this is intended to be a photo op, why are the characters continuously dancing. I think it’s meant to be a show more than a photo op, but it’s a really odd one.

This all feels like something that would be found in the old Nick Hotel, and I don’t mean that as a compliment.

Honestly? This looks bad even by last minute quick add standards. I genuinely wonder who thought it was a good idea to remove the benches. Also, the perimeter trees being replaced by big character clip art was a choice.
Finally, if this is intended to be a photo op, why are the characters continuously dancing. I think it’s meant to be a show more than a photo op, but it’s a really odd one.

This all feels like something that would be found in the old Nick Hotel, and I don’t mean that as a compliment.
Honestly, the only thing I’m thinking is that they saw that they weren’t using the building and decided it would be better for the TMs to be in an indoor setting, plus it makes it so people are drawn more to the back.

As for why the benches were removed... I assume they don’t want people just coming in and sitting around. They want people in and out.

I do agree that more could’ve been done here, even as a last minute thing. They did the bare minimum pretty much.

SHOOT, I forgot to walk by this yesterday and snap a pic...I'm a terrible Vlogger

Say what you will about LC and the current soundtrack , but people love the Dreamworks walk around characters

There's also some fun Trolls stuff going on in the Central Park area occasionally

They got that spice for sure.

I’m most interested in how this will be coordinated; the description mentions a dance party, but it also mentions it’ll be a place for you to meet all the characters. Is it just gonna be like Texas Roadhouse where everyone just starts spontaneously dancing?

They got that spice for sure.

I’m most interested in how this will be coordinated; the description mentions a dance party, but it also mentions it’ll be a place for you to meet all the characters. Is it just gonna be like Texas Roadhouse where everyone just starts spontaneously dancing?

I’m guessing when the dance party isn’t going on they’ll be outside doing meet and greets.

It would cost such a small amount of money to just replace some of the theming with some theming for whatever Dreamworks IP they wanted to put in place of Woody Woodpecker. The track wouldn't even necessarily have to be painted depending on what they chose to do. Overall, it would probably take less than a month to retheme that coaster (possibly 2 weeks if they wanted it done ASAP) and the cost would be very minimal.

The thing is, even though the cost is minimal, what exactly is the gain? They still have to figure out how to make money from the land. There's a closed shop in the land that I assume they are retheming as the shop is part of the exit to the theater and it was previously themed to Barney. The question is, are they going to leave the tiny bathroom at the back of KidZone Barney themed or will they retheme it?

Until they bother to retheme that bathroom, I wouldn't hold out hope for anything in the rest of the land, long-term.
The day that bathroom is changed into a normal Universal bathroom is the day I die inside

So I was in KZ today and noticed one constant - A lot more people are headed back towards DreamWorks Destination than were interested in Barney... but once they ask one of the TMs at the front what it is and find out it's pretty much the Dreamworks version of the Disney Junior Dance Party instead of a ride, a large percentage of them turn right back around.

So I was in KZ today and noticed one constant - A lot more people are headed back towards DreamWorks Destination than were interested in Barney... but once they ask one of the TMs at the front what it is and find out it's pretty much the Dreamworks version of the Disney Junior Dance Party instead of a ride, a large percentage of them turn right back around.
1623625371504.png

Yes this is because Barney and everyone property in Kidzone minus ET is irrelevant, and DW Destination isn’t great either.

Is Barney’s Backyard still closed? Did it ever re-open with a light Dreamworks makeover? Genuinely curious