DreamWorks Destination - KidZone | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Destination - KidZone

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
First official introduction of Dreamworks in UOR correct? As in a sit down attraction or show of some sort, I know the characters have all been around.

Good idea and better use of the area I think, although the lack of Toothless is very noticeable. Not surprise because of EU, still noticeable.
I would be so happy if they had toothless. I love those movies so much. If EU isn't going up for awhile why hold back a great character m&g experience.

I think they didn’t include Toothless because Toothless literally and figuratively would not fit in a “dance party” style show. Regarding the meet and greet, it’s likely more logistical limitations preventing him and Hiccup and Astrid aren’t as big a draw without a dragon around.

Lol yes I meant since the acquired Dreamworks.

I could see them holding back on Toothless, but also I feel it’d make sense to promote him before EU? Not sure.
Bring me toothless
I think they didn’t include Toothless because Toothless literally and figuratively would not fit in a “dance party” style show. Regarding the meet and greet, it’s likely more logistical limitations preventing him and Hiccup and Astrid aren’t as big a draw without a dragon around.
Bring me toothless and I would make a special trip to universal. Wonder if they could do a raptor like meet and greet with the dragons and hiccup?

Do we think this is going IN the building or outside of the building?
Inside based on description.
I think the only reason this is happening is to get the performers indoors. The Trolls have been doing the Dance thing outside for years now and i'm sure it's insanely hot with the FL sun. This does beg the question though, will Shrek and Fiona stop meeting with Donkey? Will the Madagascar characters still meet at IOA?

Something also to consider...
If Shrek is making it's exit soon then he can still have an appearance in USO without them having to change many things in the park.
(Like they would do that anyway.)

It Begs the question though...
Are they testing to see which DreamWorks properties are most popular/profitable in the parks environment?

I think the only reason this is happening is to get the performers indoors. The Trolls have been doing the Dance thing outside for years now and i'm sure it's insanely hot with the FL sun. This does beg the question though, will Shrek and Fiona stop meeting with Donkey? Will the Madagascar characters still meet at IOA?

I'd have to assume they'll rotate the characters throughout the course of the day, changing environments via screens replacing the indoor backgrounds.

Camp Minnie Mickey was "temporary" :lol:

Yeah, I'll take it to get something in the space for now, but I really hope this doesn't become a First Time in Forever/Voyage of the Little Mermaid situation.

Luckily, I don't believe Universal really has the same track record of making temporary, thrown together experiences permanent.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Yeah, I'll take it to get something in the space for now, but I really hope this doesn't become a First Time in Forever/Voyage of the Little Mermaid situation.

Luckily, I don't believe Universal really has the same track record of making temporary, thrown together experiences permanent.
Yes, but you’re forgetting this is in KidZone. All the rules go out the window

I'll be honest, seeing the words "Dreamworks" and "Kidzone" stickied made me think something way bigger was coming lol. This should be a fine addition nonetheless.